• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Rumor Thread

Hotspurr

Banned
Please submit E3 2018 rumors with sources to this thread, I will consolidate.
In no particular order:

DMC V to be announced by Capcom

Walmart Canada, eh, lists Splinter Cell, Just Cause 4, Dragon Quest 2, Gear 5, Destiny Comet, Borderlands 3, Assassin's Creed, Lego DC Villains and Forza Horizon 4/5 (Rage 2 already confirmed)

Hitman 2 leaks via logo on WB website

Halo 6, Forza Horizon 4 and THREE new gears games according to polygon insider
Article for more information: https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/5/31/17394416/e3-2018-rumors-sony-microsoft-nintendo-switch-xbox-ps4
"...Nonetheless, we expect the company will commit to its established brands, announcing Halo 6, Forza Horizon 4 and another Gears of War. In fact, we’ve heard rumors that Microsoft could announce up to three Gears games, including a traditional sequel, a real-time strategy title in the style of Halo Wars and a battle royale game. Perhaps the franchise will get traction with the larger user base on Windows 10."
New halo to be called Infinity, tweet:

Fallout 3 Remaster from reddit user who leaked Fallout 76 [take with grain of salt]
Article for more information: https://gamerant.com/fallout-3-remaster-e3-2018-rumor/
"Redditor SoMeh accurately predicted Fallout 76, which gives the user a solid amount of credibility; otherwise, his claim wouldn’t have much to go on. SoMeh, in the comments of his Fallout 76 prediction, was asked if a Fallout 3 Remaster would be at E3, to which the user replied with a cryptic, “it is.”
It’s worth mentioning that, at some point after, SoMeh deleted the comment, making the reveal a little more shaky."

Fortnite, DB Fighter Z, Killer Queen Black, Paladins and Overcooked 2 coming to Switch
Article for more information: https://kotaku.com/new-leak-suggests-that-fortnite-is-coming-to-switch-1826468199
yrvaxflp3swenxxclki5.jpg

Playground games working on new fable game
Article for more information: https://gamerant.com/fable-4-xbox-one-x-pc-rumor/
"Rumors have persisted for weeks that Microsoft is planning on reviving the Fable franchise with Fable 4, which is said to be in development at Forza Horizon studio Playground Games. While the game has yet to be officially announced, a recent interview with Playground Games creative director Ralph Fulton suggests that it is being developed with Xbox One X as its lead platform."

Dying light might get unveiled at E3
Neogaf discussion here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rumor-dying-light-2-getting-revealed-at-e3-2018.1462642/
"The Polish site known as “graczpospolita.pl” shared information potentially indicating that Techland will officially unveil Dying Light 2 with a brand new trailer at some point during E3 2018. According to a translation of the article, the author has “managed to determine by a few independent sources, as well as both current and ex-Techland employees, that the company is working on Dying Light 2” and is “focused on preparing a high quality trailer, which is going to be presented during [the] upcoming E3”. "

Microsoft purchasing several 1st party studios (originally from industry insider)

Resident Evil 2 remake to be unveiled
More information: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...il-2-remake-to-be-best-looking-entry-to-date/
Our source is of the opinion that the game will be revealed at E3 next month, but they don’t know this for sure. This is based on their speculation given the targeted release timeframe. As with any rumor or leak, even one we’re confident enough to report on, take everything with a grain of salt.

Some more information: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/06-06-2018-resident-evil-2-remake-release-date

Shadows Die Twice details leaked (4chan)
-you start the game as a heavily maimed and disfigured person at the edge of death. You are saved by a mysterious leader who gives you a new face (character creation) and replaces your missing arm. -the right arm and it will be replaced by an multifunctional device, which serves as a prothetic arm most of the time, but can also be used a some kind of grappling gun to reach higher levels

-the game will take in a dark fantasy world, resembeling ancient Japan.
-the game will heavily draw from Japan mythology with a horror twist. It will not completely based on mythology and still include many original ideas.
-there are no shields, but you can block and counter with your weapon.
-every weapon has a unique counter ability
-enemies will often loose limbs or there heads in combat. Some enemies will spawn parasites from ther beheaded selves, somewhat like Resident Evil 4.
-you can climb in the game -some enemie designs and the atmosphere really resemble a modern Kuon in parts, but it has nothing to do with this game or will play anything like it. Expect one easter egg.
-most of the game will take place in rural places, but there will be a bigger city to explore later
-the game is more open world than the previous titles, but not fully like Skyrim. It offers multiple inter connected levels, that are much larger with multiple possible paths

Geoff K teasing something Kuon related:

Metal wolf choas tease?

Just cause 4 further confirmed

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Thanks op. Can we start with the fallout 3 remaster? The guy who had the fallout 76 info said it would be shown. That seems like a pretty decent source to me.

Also, is Keighley.going to do several days of live shows like in the past? I haven't seen anything indicating it.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Do we really need another Gears game this soon?

I've never cared for Gears, Halo or Forza, yet I still had tons of reasons to play my 360 all of last generation. But, this one I still have only found two games to play on my Xbox One.

I really would love to see something new come from Xbox that will speak to me before the generation ends. Scalebound had potential, but that dream is over. Maybe Below will surpass expectations.

I've never cared for Gears, Halo or Forza, yet I still had tons of reasons to play my 360 all of last generation. But, this one I still have only found two games to play on my Xbox One.

I really would love to see something new come from Xbox that will speak to me before the generation ends. Scalebound had potential, but that dream is over. Maybe Below will surpass expectations.

I completely agree. That's why my X1 sits there collecting dust. They have done a terrible job with branching out and trying new things. I loved the old halos and first two gears games. The newer ones just weren't for me, but I wish Microsoft would stop pumping out more sequels because it's easier.

Hotspurr

Banned
First update complete, and bumped.
If you can add to this thread in a similar format as above and I will update the main post in the same order.

Codes 208

I completely agree. That's why my X1 sits there collecting dust. They have done a terrible job with branching out and trying new things. I loved the old halos and first two gears games. The newer ones just weren't for me, but I wish Microsoft would stop pumping out more sequels because it's easier.
Its not like we havent gotten new IPs. Theyve just bombed like Quantum Break, Recore and Sunset Overdrive. But alongside these games of course theyre going to continue the tried and true, the games that I and many others specifically own an xbox for. If it wasnt for the fact I cant play Halo on PS4, I wouldve ditched xbox from the start of this gen.

Plus Gears 4 came out 2 years ago. I'd hardly say thats too soon for the next installment (which my guess is itll be revealed this year but not released until next year.)

Its not like we havent gotten new IPs. Theyve just bombed like Quantum Break, Recore and Sunset Overdrive. But alongside these games of course theyre going to continue the tried and true, the games that I and many others specifically own an xbox for. If it wasnt for the fact I cant play Halo on PS4, I wouldve ditched xbox from the start of this gen.

Plus Gears 4 came out 2 years ago. I'd hardly say thats too soon for the next installment (which my guess is itll be revealed this year but not released until next year.)

Yeah you said good points. I guess the last few iterations of Gears and Halo didn't do much for me personally. Like, they just felt like reskinned. So personally, I wish they would go away for a bot and come back with something really fresh. But hey, I guess I shouldn't prejudge it. I'm just going off what I've seen in the past.

Regarding the new IPs, you're also right about that. However, they are easy to forget because so many were lackluster. I'm pretty sad scalebound never panned out. I'm cautiously optimistic this year, but I've said that for the past few years and have still been disappointed. So we'll see.

Codes 208

Yeah you said good points. I guess the last few iterations of Gears and Halo didn't do much for me personally. Like, they just felt like reskinned. So personally, I wish they would go away for a bot and come back with something really fresh. But hey, I guess I shouldn't prejudge it. I'm just going off what I've seen in the past.

Regarding the new IPs, you're also right about that. However, they are easy to forget because so many were lackluster. I'm pretty sad scalebound never panned out. I'm cautiously optimistic this year, but I've said that for the past few years and have still been disappointed. So we'll see.
From what we saw of it, even if it had panned out, I still believe that game was still going to flop. For starters, it just looked generic and non-unique. Like if you crossed how to train your dragon with DMC (the reboot featuring cringey edgelord dante) and any other hack and slash + AI companion. And from both E3's showings, it looked like they could barely keep the framerate above 25fps. If that game wasnt going to bomb reviews, I bet it'd still get ripped apart for quality (which Im certain was part of why MS dropped it)

From what we saw of it, even if it had panned out, I still believe that game was still going to flop. For starters, it just looked generic and non-unique. Like if you crossed how to train your dragon with DMC (the reboot featuring cringey edgelord dante) and any other hack and slash + AI companion. And from both E3's showings, it looked like they could barely keep the framerate above 25fps. If that game wasnt going to bomb reviews, I bet it'd still get ripped apart for quality (which Im certain was part of why MS dropped it)

Yeah. It's not the type of game that I would have been into, but I was hopeful that it'd be good for Microsoft regardless. I just think they have to take more risks, because to me I'm thinking what's the point in having an X1X if they're nothing special on it.

MrDanGuy

A Crackdown 3 delay won't surprise me.

As long as they get it right in the end is all I care about. I feel like we will have a big game by MS that no one saw coming. I feel like Sony will line up its next 3rd party studio, possibly blood borne 2, and Nintendo will probably just show the games they have and show some Metroid.

Codes 208

A Crackdown 3 delay won't surprise me.
If it looks like shit as it did last year then good, let it cook longer.
Wow microsoft. Halo 6 and three new gears games. 100% ran out of new ideas.
Its four *possible* titles out of a 1.5-2 hour conference. This year the X isnt a safety net to talk tech on, so that should mean more possible game announcements, maybe some new IP's.

Dabaus

Banned
It’s baffeling, truly confounding to me how Microsoft either has, or allegedly has all these megatons to drop. They’re down 35 million best case to 80 million world wide and all these third parties are supposedly flocking to them? The console is dead outside of the states and the U.K. and yet all the rumors are ms will have this and that at their show. Did Sony completely check out and is focused on next gen? None of it is adding up to me.

bitbydeath

Sony remains very quiet on the leak front.
Most looking forward to TLOU2 gameplay footage and WILD, hopefully that comes back in a big way.

WaterAstro

Good job OP
It’s baffeling, truly confounding to me how Microsoft either has, or allegedly has all these megatons to drop. They’re down 35 million best case to 80 million world wide and all these third parties are supposedly flocking to them? The console is dead outside of the states and the U.K. and yet all the rumors are ms will have this and that at their show. Did Sony completely check out and is focused on next gen? None of it is adding up to me.
Sony remains very quiet on the leak front.
Most looking forward to TLOU2 gameplay footage and WILD, hopefully that comes back in a big way.
Sony is pretty good at keeping secrets. No one expected the three megatons at 2015. No one expected Resident Evil 7 being a legit horror at 2016 as well as Death Stranding.

I do think they tapped out of first party announcements, so if anything, they have to rely on third party.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 738645

Unconfirmed Member
I like how many leaks goes back to ResetERA and there's a ton of leaks regarding MS studios, DMCV and SDT that is on ResetERA, but OP hasn't linked directly to the source.

Last edited by a moderator:

tkscz

Paladins on Switch is no longer a rumor. A trailer of it is on Nintendo's official Youtube and you can pre-order the game for $30 on the eShop right now.

Hotspurr

Banned
I like how many leaks goes back to ResetERA and there's a ton of leaks regarding MS studios, DMCV and SDT that is on ResetERA, but OP hasn't linked directly to the source.

The only one that is sourced from there is that MS is buying several first party studios. It was an insider from the industry. Everything else originated outside that forum. Stumbling across something early does not make you the "source", the sources are the actual domain listings, tweets, random 4chan posts (which is where the SDT is from).

Also ResetError imo is full of too many terrible attitudes and it would be irresponsible of me to link there ;). If you disagree you can spend time and effort making your own thread instead.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 738645

Unconfirmed Member
The only one that is sourced from there is that MS is buying several first party studios. It was an insider from the industry. Everything else originated outside that forum. Stumbling across something early does not make you the "source", the sources are the actual domain listings, tweets, random 4chan posts (which is where the SDT is from).

Also ResetError imo is full of too many terrible attitudes and it would be irresponsible of me to link there ;). If you disagree you can spend time and effort making your own thread instead of droning about it.

Hitman 2, ERA was even linked as source in the article you sourced: https://www.resetera.com/threads/hitman-2-leaked-published-by-warner-bros.46821/

DMCV: https://www.resetera.com/threads/le...-5-info-potential-heavy-spoilers-inside.8198/

Dying Light: Translated be ERA according to the article you sources, haven't bothered finding a link to the thread though.

Omnipotent on ERA has revealed a lot about SDT, like it's a multiplatt.

It's okay to not like ERA, but please, link directly the the sources.

Top Bottom