• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 set to stay in Los Angeles through 2015, but moves to several venues

phants

Would be glorious if that happened.

Hell. Yes. I remember interviewing Peter Molyneux at E3 in 2011, upstairs in the shaky MS booth. With earthquakes very much occupying the headlines back home, it was pretty hard to stay on task as the room rattled around me with every boom and shake of whatever else was going on downstairs...

Rhindle

It sounds like the South Hall tear down is not going to happen until after the 2013 show, so it sound like not much is going to change, at least for next year.

In any event, there was so much empty space at E3 this year that they could frankly fit the whole thing into the West hall, perhaps with some overflow space at Staples. E3 sure ain't what it used to be.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

There are competing groups trying to build the stadium here. Those are the two biggest proposals on the table.

There are upsides and downsides to both. Downtown is a bitch traffic wise and the tailgating probably won't be as good - but there are tons of places to eat and drink nearby.

City of Industry is far away for a lot of folks, but would have more parking and stuff would sprout up there. Tailgating / parking would be better.

*shrug*

Jeff-DSA

Even with the big reveals that are sure to be all over E3 2013, I may not go. The last time that they split the venues it was a disaster.

Ugh, not looking forward to this at all. Going back and forth from the South Hall to the West Hall was a pain already, with trying to make it to appointments on-time.

If you build it, they will come. And honestly, there are NFL owners out there who dream of coming to LA. Its been nearly, 20 years since the NFL teams left LA and the market is ripe.

Well, one of the stadiums was very close to getting the Saints, but then Katrina happened so they couldn't leave, and then the team got good, so they were basically stuck.

ZoddGutts

E3 will never go to East coast because West Coast is best coast. :)

Anyways good to hear it's staying in L.A. like it should be.

Acosta

Booo!

I'll pass, I don't want to go back to that hellhole that is L.A. and their stupid transport system (extra funny if they keep stuff in different avenues, I went through that in Santa Monica, and I will never do it again, period).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Booo!

I'll pass, I don't want to go back to that hellhole that is L.A. and their stupid transport system (extra funny if they keep stuff in different avenues, I went through that in Santa Monica, and I will never do it again, period).

Watch your tongue, boy!

Sure, our transportation sucks but

E3 in NYC dreams crushed

th_tmacpissed.gif

vireland

Actually a good friend of mine lives in Hollywood so we used to take the subway at Hollywood & Highland to downtown and walk 15 minutes to the convention center. Cheap and easy and we don't touch the freeways. This spread out stuff won't last though.

Odds are they will move to San Jose or San Francisco just like GDC.

Bad odds. Moscone is smaller and more divided up than LACC, even moreso after the 2013-2014 LACC expansion, and San Jose is much smaller. They're not downsizing. They learned that lesson in the Santa Monica experimental disaster.

vireland

E3 wouldn't be E3 without the threat of Lakers riots looming.

Actually in 2012 E3, it was the looming threat of a Stanley Cup riot when they were up for the cup the first time (failed, took a few more games to clinch it). That was unusual...

Actually in 2012 E3, it was the looming threat of a Stanley Cup riot when they were up for the cup the first time (failed, took a few more games to clinch it). That was unusual...

The people I was with joked about sacrificing me to the mob in case the Devils won (I'm from New Jersey).

Good! I can go another 3 years! Although I'd prefer Santa Monica for a year, for a change of pace.
But you could use L.A's great public Transportation.....LOL.
It's not too bad. I take the metro (right near my house) to the front of the convention center for like $3 and it takes like 20 minutes.

erila

Neo Member
When I read the announcement, I assumed that by "various other venues" they were just referring to the way that publishers often have stuff outside LACC anyway. Even ignoring press conferences, it's not that uncommon for indies to say "See us at E3!" when they're really hosting their meetings at a hotel half a mile away.

Top Bottom