• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA making a "special announcement" at The Game Awards

What is EA's announcement?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

KldOWpZ.png

So nothing we except, that includes known brands as NFS.

I wonder if it is the game where Amy Hennig is involved, but that should be still far off.
Otherwise I can't think of anything else, so maybe a collaboration or really something suprising like an old IP.

RiverBed

Banned
I wonder if it's Criterion's new game? I would've guessed other projects if Doritos-man didn't say it is unexpected. Then again, he could very well be full of Dew.

I wonder if it is the game where Amy Hennig is involved, but that should be still far off.
Otherwise I can't think of anything else, so maybe a collaboration or really something suprising like an old IP.
That's not due till 2017, so I'd imagine something sooner.

Unless its just a random sequel like KOTOR or something predictable like Titanfall PS4....

MS buys EA. Or buys a chunk of it. Or Respawn. Or EA games are now cross buy between XB1 and Origin. More EA/MS love making.

Patrice Desilets could have EA be his new publisher and EA will have its own historic AC-ish game.

EA returning to Steam and publishing Valve games at retail again. First game is L4D3.

Pennywise

That's not due till 2017, so I'd imagine something sooner.

Yeah, we never knew if they actually had a planning phase for the game without Hennig or if they started with her.

We know what Bioware is doing, same goes for DICE/Visceral and the annual sport studios.
Really curious what it will be.

if (EA_special_announcement != Star_Wars_Related)
{
hype_lvl = -1
}
else
{
hype_lvl = 9001
}

I'm really bored. But the above argument is my feeling on the situation.

MattyG

Banned
Please be Star Wars. I find it hard to believe that Battlefront is the only game that will release alongside The Force Awakens.

biteren

Please be Star Wars. I find it hard to believe that Battlefront is the only game that will release alongside The Force Awakens.

i remember that Viceral Games were supposed to be working on a Star Wars game a-la Dantes Inferno, dont know if it got canned or not

(if it was my imagination)

MattyG

Banned
i remember that Viceral Games were supposed to be working on a Star Wars game a-la Dantes Inferno, dont know if it got canned or not
Isn't that the one Amy Henning is working on? I believe I heard that that one was still a ways off (2016 I think).

You know, a Republic Commando II would be a good answer to Rainbow Six Seige. The first one already has an audience who wants a sequel, and it had some squad command game mechanics. Just put more focus on them and release right before Ubi can get Rainbow Six Seige out.
I think they'd have to do a reboot if they did that. We won't see any sequels of established Star Wars series, since they threw out the extended universe. I suspect we'll see a lot of reboots though, in the vein of Battlefront.

You know, a Republic Commando II would be a good answer to Rainbow Six Seige. The first one already has an audience who wants a sequel, and it had some squad command game mechanics. Just put more focus on them and release right before Ubi can get Rainbow Six Seige out.

Unless its just a random sequel like KOTOR or something predictable like Titanfall PS4....

MS buys EA. Or buys a chunk of it. Or Respawn. Or EA games are now cross buy between XB1 and Origin. More EA/MS love making.

Patrice Desilets could have EA be his new publisher and EA will have its own historic AC-ish game.

EA returning to Steam and publishing Valve games at retail again. First game is L4D3.

Nah this is something internal. Only way it would be an announcement for a 3rd party game would be if it's from a team too small to professionally announce their own game. After all who wouldnt want to announce their newest pride and joy on their own.

Ever since the Valve split I have been curious who Valve would use as a publisher for their next retail game. It wont be EA though that's for sure. Who knows maybe they go digital only even on consoles.

kirby_fox

Banned
EA Origin console.

EA and Disney teaming up to make a new console. Madden, Star Wars, Disney games exclusive to it.

Bomb. Dropped.
Because who the hell would guess that's coming?

I think they'd have to do a reboot if they did that. We won't see any sequels of established Star Wars series, since they threw out the extended universe. I suspect we'll see a lot of reboots though, in the vein of Battlefront.

Technically there's a loophole. That Clone Wars cartoon series is one of the few things that's canon, and it references Delta Squad in one of the episodes. So technically RC is still canon..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxr5XlXekBM

The first Republic Commando was also exclusive to the PC and OG Xbox.

If they made a new one they could make it PC and XB1 exclusive without really pissing off PS4 gamers that much and still make MS happy.

You can't kill my Republic Commando hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom