• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA making a "special announcement" at The Game Awards

What is EA's announcement?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess for the Origin thing is some Star Wars titles being released (I say this without having any idea what's already available in Origin).

As for the special announcement, joking aside, I'm guessing it's either more info on the third BioWare project, or a release date for the next Mass Effect. Also, I'm a bit biased because I don't care about anything EA outside of BioWare.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Mass Effect would be the only thing that would interest me coming from EA.

Poor Titanfall, you came and you went and when you come back the room will be empty.

i do agree with some folks here that the announcment will have somthing to do with Xbox

You guys are crazy, why would EA make a xbox announcement?? MS would e in on that, and they said they have nothing new for the VGA';s. Jus because EA has had exclusive deals with MS year one does not mean it continues all generation.

I'm not sure why people are thinking it has something to do with Xbox. I know it's EA but still... Didn't Greenberg say that there wouldn't be any Xbox announcements at the TGAs anyway?

Begaria

Super Mario Half Inquisition Life co-developed by Bioware and Monolith exclusive to Steam. Let's do this.

Sheroking

Considering how long ME4 has been in development, and the fact that ME3 was revealed at the VGAs, I'm going with ME4.

Maybe that new IP that's being developed less than 3 miles from where I am now.

StuBurns

Banned
You guys are crazy, why would EA make a xbox announcement?? MS would e in on that, and they said they have nothing new for the VGA';s. Jus because EA has had exclusive deals with MS year one does not mean it continues all generation.
TF2 isn't exclusive, and Respawn staff are at a panel at PSX...

However, I still think it's too early for TF2's announcement, so I doubt it's that.

Newlove

I think it's going to be the second Hardline beta, or at least one of the annoucements. It could be why Origin is saying prepare yourselves.

Geoff just said that "No one will guess it." I will go with a new IP. We already know what they have laid out for their franchises for at least two years, so a new IP would be the real surprise. My guess is in the Star Wars universe, but is not a sequel to anything.

KldOWpZ.png

Krakn3Dfx

They've already released Peggle Blast, what else could it possibly be?

Oh wait, Dragon Age Inquisition DLC.

tumblr_n6x46nsvYd1qcxzu2o1_500.gif

Geoff Keighley cover based shooter where he travels to Pakistan after The Videogame Awards to track down the thieves who stole The Golden Doritos.

thefit

They're tripling down on XBOX, starting Christmas Xbox One the all in one entertainment system will not only be the exclusive home of EA games it will ONLY play EA games.

biteren

Would Microsoft be the kind of publisher to buy Titanfal 2 exclusivity? it diddnt stop them from grabbing it for Tomb Raider (granted its for the fall).

Squire

Banned
Don't see it being a game announcement, thinking it ha to be some sort of service

It doesn't have to be a service, but it's definitely something company-wide. It's Moore making the announcement, so there's no point in hyper-specific guesses like Mass Effect or Battlefront. Aside from the fact neither game is ready, EA has plenty of studio heads. They don't need to drag Peter Moore to Vegas to do something one of his subordinates would be far better suited for.

If it's Mass Effect trilogy remastered for next gen i will be so happy. I've been playing DA Inquisition all week and i can't get enough BioWare goodness right now.

EA buys Xbox and Playstation. Sony goes bankrupt, MS goes full on business. All non-EA games are banned from both platforms.

Nintendo suddenly sees a surge of Wii U purchases and third party titles.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
They've finally collected enough souls to summon Satan, and they're going to do it right in the middle of the award's show.

Brace for the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom