• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA making a "special announcement" at The Game Awards

What is EA's announcement?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
0uOGxpj.png

https://twitter.com/petermooreEA/status/540322436781056000

This is gonna be so underwhelming.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Gemüsepizza;141542020 said:
At least EA gets shit done and we would finally see Half-Life 3.

Yep. And Half Life 4 the year after that. And Half Life 5 the following year. And Half Life 6.....

They're filing for bankruptcy?

Are you crazy or living in Lalaland? EA is making millions per quarter on Ultimate team alone. They aren't going anywhere, in fact I think since the big drop in early 2012 (right after the ME3 debacle) her stock and market cap did nothing but increase thanks to FIFA and then Madden.

EA games coming to Steam.

I'd be down for this... except there are precious few games I would really want that I didn't already pick up.

Mass Effect 3 and DA:I I both bought the discs for to play on PC (my insurance policy in case Origin goes belly-up). I might want Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3, but I think I actually got both of those for free on PS+, I just haven't gotten around to playing them yet, haha.

I'd settle for Peggle 2 on iOS/Android, really surprised that hasn't happened yet.

Was Peggle Blast suppose to be the Peggle sequel for mobile platforms?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as if EA games on Steam would be worthy of an announcement. nobody gives a fuck about that except us ultra nerds. You think normal joe nerd cares that he bought Battlefield or Dragon Age on origin?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Half Life 3 is Origin exclusive. Bam.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
as if EA games on Steam would be worthy of an announcement. nobody gives a fuck about that except us ultra nerds. You think normal joe nerd cares that he bought Battlefield or Dragon Age on origin?

EA's investors certainly would care. I'd bet their stock would spike up nicely after that announcement.

Qassim

EA's investors certainly would care. I'd bet their stock would spike up nicely after that announcement.

Perhaps, and maybe it'd be make sense to make that a big-ish announcement on a stage, but at a trade show such as E3.

This is a game awards show, not really the same thing, with not really the same audience. Of course, lots of gamers watch both, but lots of other people watch/monitor trade shows like E3.

L Thammy

They are going to announce to finally handover the most awful Publisher torch to Ubisoft

"We are pleased to confirm that we are no longer the most hated company in the industry. Our friends over at Ubisoft have generously made a company wide effort tyo ensure that they are hated by as many gamers as possible"

They aren't the worse company in America any more. It's all ubisoft now.

It's an announcement for their announcement of their SICK BURN.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

It wouldnt be an announcement, it would happen like a fart in the wind. Like the Disney games on steam about a month ago. Go check the announcements for that or what kind of spike Disney had when their games went on steam about a month ago.

Hell EA games are already on steam. This would be a even more specific announcement of "hey guys NEW games will now be on steam yay". Again, something only us mega nerds care about and not something you put on a awards show

This leaked press statement could she some light on this...
EA would like to celebrate this momentous occasion. With UbiSoft's gross incompetence as of late, we are no longer the most hated company. We didn't think it could be done but UbiSoft has outdone even our wildest expectations. To mark this event, we have created a new company motto that will appear in all our advertisements and promotional material. With great excitement we can now proudly state:

At least we're not THAT bad

ultrazilla

Gold Member
They are formally thanking Ubisoft for taking over as the worst company for this year
and the foreseeable future.

fritolay

Star Wars beta exclusive to Origin and first only on XB1.

Then after that Sims announcement

Then finally the next Sim City game for PC/Origin and XB1.

Then as they walk off star wars theme plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom