• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA making a "special announcement" at The Game Awards

What is EA's announcement?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MouldyK

I wonder if it's related to this:

https://twitter.com/OriginInsider/status/540264039486480386

q6ITY7L.png

Peggle 3 available RIGHT NOW!

Pennywise

This is honestly what I'm thinking.

Yeah, the only trademark that was recently renewed.
We know about Battlefront,Battlefield,Mirrors Edge and Mass Effect.
Peter Moore wouldn't get on stage for a simple update, so a new announcement seems likely and NFS is the only thing that comes to my mind.

Mass Effect 3 was at the VGAs so I would assume this is whatever the new Mass Effect is then.
Reading thread on zero sleep and a great deal of caffeine so excuse me if someone debunked this idea prior.

Cyd0nia

Banned
something new and genuinely interesting would be good
something jaw dropping / game changing would be great

I'll be amazed if its not something crap

EA isn't happy just pulling their games from Steam. They're pulling their games from all Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft platforms and releasing the Originbox, EA's first console.

Pachimari

Need For Speed 2015

This is honestly what I'm thinking due to the series taking a one year break.

Yeah, the only trademark that was recently renewed.
We know about Battlefront,Battlefield,Mirrors Edge and Mass Effect.
Peter Moore wouldn't get on stage for a simple update, so a new announcement seems likely and NFS is the only thing that comes to my mind.
Yeah really.

Peter Moore is the head of EA Sports. and since 2 years ago EA has regarded their Need For Speed franchise as part of the Sports portfolio.

It's gonna be Need For Speed.

cirrhosis

EA isn't happy just pulling their games from Steam. They're pulling their games from all Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft platforms and releasing the Originbox, EA's first console.

This...actually wouldn't surprise me.

On one hand it's crazy but this is EA after all.

Mass Effect 3 was at the VGAs so I would assume this is whatever the new Mass Effect is then.
Reading thread on zero sleep and a great deal of caffeine so excuse me if someone debunked this idea prior.

Debunked by Shinobi.

I'm praying for Dead Space but chances are likely as HL3 being Origin exclusive

You know what would be damn nice? SSX Tricky 2.

Unfortunately since Tricky EA have done nothing but try to move further and further away from the wild level design of SSX 1 and Tricky, yet somehow they dont understand that that is the reason for the series dwindling popularity.

ElDuderino

Unprecedented partnership with Nintendo. Madden nintendo exclusive for life. Reggie walks out and throws on some dark shades yells deal with it into the mic the drops it on the stage.

Dolor

Yeah. Store.origin.steampowered.com or some such thing is a thing apparently according to a thread that was locked with no explanation. So valve/EA partnership? Could be all nonsense though

Ok, that is more than a little interesting.

And yes, only nerds care about EA games on Steam, but probably only nerds are watching the TGAs, so.... maybe?

Ateron

They'll happily announce that this year they've been surpassed by Ubisoft as the worst publisher in business

DJay

Neo Member
All I want is an announcement for another Bad Company game. I really enjoyed the first two.... Also, Mirror's Edge 2, a Dead Space 4...but I'd like it to be P.T. scary......and that would sum up my wishlist.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom