• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA making a "special announcement" at The Game Awards

What is EA's announcement?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

It's going to be something meh. We're talking about a company that has its own E3 media conference and a game awards show that's both an unproven promotional quantity and in a precarious financial position. I don't see any reason for EA to rob itself of an E3 reveal, especially when they're in a position where they can leverage the credibility provided by their presence to force in something less notable like a remaster or, in all likelihood, DLC. I'd say a second-tier franchise announcement, but EA doesn't do those anymore.

My bet is on a DA:I expansion similar to Awakening, at best.

Probably the rumored Battlefield Hardline Beta again that's been floating around from Battlefield content creators that was flown out for the new footage recently.

Maybe this. Having it go up during the show itself is something I could see happening.

Marcel

KldOWpZ.png

Looks like we're finally getting the next entry of the storied James Pond series my friends.

pottuvoi

Banned
Now that space games are coming back they will release Wing Commander series on consoles and announce new trilogy for ps4, xo & pc.

lol they going private? so they dont have to worry about shareholders so they can be for the customers?

they are giving their crown to ubisoft?

MS has bought them?

Tigress

They're filing for bankruptcy?

If we are going for unrealistic/not going to happen guesses, EA decides they no longer want to encourage microtransactions and will make money by making games so good people will pay full price cause they'll see the value in the quality of the game and amount of stuff you get to do. Also, they'll start encouraging SP games to be truly SP rather than trying to cram in some co-op/multiplayer aspect to try to encourage gamers to stay online (or hide their online DRM).

This will work out so well Ubisoft will follow suit... I mean we all know how Ubisoft likes to copy EA. And since Ubi seems to be better at EA than it's own game, all the sudden their games get super super good. The controls are less clutzy, the stealth actually is stealth, and they don't feel repetitive after playing them for a while. And each one is different and not just a dressed up version of the one before.

my guesses are

1. first look aka cgi reveal trailer of mass effect 4

2. first look at gameplay for battlefront

3. either titanfall 2 or titanfall for ps4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom