• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Skate crackers discover loot boxes available for purchase in-game using "Taps" currency

Bullet Club

Banned

In the July 14th "Board Room" roundtable, linked below, Full Circle (the development team behind the new Skate game) say that there will be no paid loot boxes in the new game. It appears that there will still be a loot box mechanic, called "Swag Bags", where players can purchase randomized building materials and clothing. It's not clear if the "Taps" currency is exclusively earned in-game through completing challenges, or is purchasable outright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAMgtFyrQLk&t=648s

edit: leaked image only displays Swag Bags of clothing, not building materials.

suj2Ogj.jpg

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
If the leaker wants us to take the image at face value then it looks like players "Earn Taps by exploring Fun city and completing FCCC Challenges".

So its an in game currency you get from playing (oh sorry....from having to grind your entire life away for 1 Tap...forgot to add the echo chambers current party line) and you can use it to unlock cosmetics.

Seems par for the course for a F2P game so far.

wvnative

If it's in-game only and you earn them semi frequently, it's fine. Hopefully the MTX are straight-line purchases and not tied to the loot bags.

Droxcy

They said just cosmetics no areas of the map locked off or anything. Not worried about it game probably will be super fun.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
All the news coming out about this game makes me not want to play it. Which sucks as I love skateboarding. Oh well, Session and SkaterXL will be my games unless EA changes course.

Begleiter

I'm sure EA's worst minds are working on expanding it to be more exploitative, don't worry. I'm sure they're figuring out their own way around lootbox regulations.

TMLT

This is why good things from the past are sometimes better left there rather than brought back and potentially corrupted by modern bullshit.

Top Bottom