• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA teases new BioWare project [It's Mass Effect 3]

Who, What, Where is Next for BioWare game?

Spike.com put up a VGA promo video of Geoff Keighley talking a little bit about Bioware, the teaser and web speculation. Any hints buried in there? I'm sure there's at least one new detail flashing right in front of my eyes, but I'm awful at analyzing frames and deciphering clues.

The only thing Keighley straight up confirms is that the teaser is just a few seconds of a larger trailer which will include an additional location that will get people excited. If it is Mass Effect, I hope the full trailer's second setting is something very visually alien in contrast to the very earth-like look of the teaser's location.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker logo flashes up after Keighley says "Maybe this is set somewhere familiar.. does that look a little bit like..."

Cartman86

Banned
EatChildren said:
The Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker logo flashes up after Keighley says "Maybe this is set somewhere familiar.. does that look a little bit like..."

Is that logo exclusive to Peace Walker?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I cant actually watch the video as it's region blocked, but does someone wanna get a snap of the Peace Walker logo? Seems a bit weird they'd slot that in.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
EatChildren said:
I cant actually watch the video as it's region blocked, but does someone wanna get a snap of the Peace Walker logo? Seems a bit weird they'd slot that in.
Here we go.

Video:

meclueg6xm.png

Peace Walker:

mgspwlogo.jpgeujg.png

Cartman86 said:
Figured it was something that would make me look stupid.
Oh no, I didn't mean literally. I meant it's "sort of like".

That's what Peace Walker was making a play on, but this is definitely the Peace Walker symbol.

EatChildren

Considering Spike crammed in distorted New Vegas footage into the original teaser, I wouldn't be surprised if this were ripped from the archives.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
EatChildren said:
Considering Spike crammed in distorted New Vegas footage into the original teaser, I wouldn't be surprised if this were ripped from the archives.
As a possibility, the overarching theme of Peace Walker was co-op.

EatChildren

Nirolak said:
As a possibility, the overarching theme of Peace Walker was co-op.

True that. Would fit in with the multiplayer rumours.

Lakitu

st5fu
So, judging from all the released clues and hints, I think I've finally figured out what this game is.

It's a Mass Effect game, where you play as a white version of Anderson in London voiced and modelled by Michael Madsen, and The Clash will be prominent throughout the game, their music will be used as a soundtrack and they'll have cameos.

Also, it'll be designed by Hideo Kojima, which is why the Peace Walker logo is there.

It makes sense.

EatChildren

The video description does state 'more clues'. Whether or not that refers to Keighley's hype mongering or the Peace Walker logo, I dont know, but it is pretty strange that was slotted in.

Popeck

chandoog said:
The last thing we need is Wrex running around naked covering his genitals with his hands.
Hiding those four testicles with hands that short would be extremely difficult.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Mass Effect's story can't really get much worse after 2, so I wouldn't mind letting Kojima have a go at it to really crash it into a cliff wall with the panache only he can provide.

Kurtofan

Lyphen said:
Mass Effect's story can't really get much worse after 2, so I wouldn't mind letting Kojima have a go at it to really crash it into a cliff wall with the panache only he can provide.
Mass Effect 2 has a good story.
What is wrong with it?

Top Bottom