• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early TRICO test footage (year+ old) -- READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopers

I am multitalented
burgerdog said:
That comment made me say wtf, that is definitely not a target render.

How could you say ? Target just means the video is here to show what the game is trying to achieve, even when it uses real ingame assets, but I don't think they're there yet, it still looks like there are a lot of placeholders.

DCharlie

Banned
EARLY FOOTAGE... So is this the Secret PS3 game?

i am guessing that it possibly is - infact, perhaps the same trailer the BBC guy saw?

the more i watch it the more i think this is an early cut/impression/prototype of what they are aiming for.

Nothing in it looks out of the reach of the PS3 though, it's all about direction.

if it IS a fake, then i need someone to be making this game. And if it was faked, whoever did it needs to be working on a team somewhere stat.

From the site:

"Up until now, the only image that has been released about Team ICO’s next game is a single image of a chain hanging down what appears to be a well. Today we help lift the curtain off of this project a bit and shed some light on what Fumito Ueda has been up to these past few years and as you will see, it is rather close to ICO.

This is very early footage the next game from Team ICO. As with most early footage you can expect graphical enhancements for the final product. Some of these elements, such as the main character, or scenarios you see here may not make the final cut."

Chiggs

Gold Member
Bit-Bit said:
I think everyone who has a heart dreams of this as a child. That's probably why games like Pokemon is so popular. People like building relationships with fantastic creatures.

What? All I did was play video games in my room. AND THAT'S ALL I EVER WANT TO DO!

Did anybody noticed that when the bird/rat hit the guy in armor and when he bounces off the wall he isnt wearing armor anymore?

Zilch

Banned
jett said:
2zxwmcx.jpg

Buh.

NEEDS MOAR PIXEL SHADERS.

Amir0x

Banned
it's not fake. If you guys thought hard enough, you'd even remember that when the first details of TRICO released (and that thread got deleted), it had details quite like what was in this video :0

FrankT

oneHeero said:
Get em boys!

WTH, They are banned. :lol

Just stop following me around dude. I got a triple get over it.

There is nothing about this video that says fake to me btw it's simply because they are banned for numerous ridiculous rumors in the past yet this is real. That is all.

yoopoo said:
Its a mix between Bloom Box and Lair :O

http://localhostr.com/files/b59bb5/psls-trico-62141.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

When I saw that part my first reaction was "So you ride around a land of Boom Blox and Jenga?" :lol

Does no one like the visuals/style?

I wasn't expecting KZ2 from team ico, honestly I think it'll be under 720p.

But I still think it looks very nice.

EDIT: And its early...

traveler

Not Wario
To those in the know, if this is indeed real, how recent is the build and, if shown at E3, can we expect anything different?

Jea Song

Did the right thing
ya know, people that think its fake have a legit reason. Something about it kinda looks fake. The graphics are good, but they seem like playstation one GC. The name is weird, and the creature and kid look kinda weird? somethings up, this may be like an early video. In any case, even if its released as the videos shows, im buying it day one.

Darkpen

Banned
My first impressions:

Wow.

After reading the thread:

It looks like the trailer's just an early taste, with placeholder music and placeholder boy face, though neither felt out of place. So good.

Just... seriously. Its like Miyazaki videogame magic or something, but so much better.

AniHawk

Chiggs said:
I can't just wrap my head around this being a fake.

I need it pulled for confirmation.

Three things bug me:

-It's called Project Trico. The earliest instance of "Trico" I see is a Jonnyram post from August 2006.
-Miller's Crossing music. Not as much a dealbreaker here.
-Looks eerily like a bumped-up PS2 game.

EDIT: Nevermind then. Thanks Amir0x.

Amir0x said:
it's not fake. If you guys thought hard enough, you'd even remember that when the first details of TRICO released (and that thread got deleted), it had details quite like what was in this video :0
Are you talking about the one with the glider and shit?

Amir0x

Banned
I'm not an insider, I only know by coincidence this time because of what happened a while ago with the first TRICO info thread.

Bit-Bit

Fuck, I just noticed that the creature has small undeveloped wings. Hopefully this means that at some point the wings fully developed and we get a "Myazaki flight" moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom