• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early TRICO test footage (year+ old) -- READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

MvmntInGrn said:
Does no one like the visuals/style?

I wasn't expecting KZ2 from team ico, honestly I think it'll be under 720p.

But I still think it looks very nice.

Meh, not a fan of it, but I enjoyed SOTC and this is probably early, and I sure as fuck won't form an opinion until it's in my hands and I'm playing it.

Bit-Bit said:
No fuckin way! This game is everything I ever dreamed of as a child. Watching that video, I was flooded with years of memories of dreaming to have my own giant creature to play with. I think everyone who has a heart dreams of this as a child. That's probably why games like Pokemon is so popular. People like building relationships with fantastic creatures.

But a fantastic creature that's also huge as fuck? Day fuckin one. Everyone is saying the creature will die. I'm saying, as a twist, the child dies and the creature turns into the Giant Shadow Creature from the end of Shadow of the Colossus. Than the Shamans summons other giant creatures to keep this one in check and block off the land.

Bam, prequel to SotC.

Mindblown.gif

JoJo13

Banned
WhiteAce said:
i am guessing that it possibly is - infact, perhaps the same trailer the BBC guy saw?

the more i watch it the more i think this is an early cut/impression/prototype of what they are aiming for.

Nothing in it looks out of the reach of the PS3 though, it's all about direction.

if it IS a fake, then i need someone to be making this game. And if it was faked, whoever did it needs to be working on a team somewhere stat.

Naw. BBC guy confirmed that it wasn't TRICO.

traveler

Not Wario
Amir0x said:
I'm not an insider, I only know by coincidence this time because of what happened a while ago with the first TRICO info thread.

Ah, I see. I'll just wait then.

AniHawk said:
I need it pulled for confirmation.

Three things bug me:

-It's called Project Trico. The earliest instance of "Trico" I see is a Jonnyram post from August 2006.
-Miller's Crossing music. Not as much a dealbreaker here.
-Looks eerily like a bumped-up PS2 game.

Shouldn't that point TOWARDS it being legit, given Ico's history? :lol

JB1981

AniHawk said:
I need it pulled for confirmation.

Three things bug me:

-It's called Project Trico. The earliest instance of "Trico" I see is a Jonnyram post from August 2006.
-Miller's Crossing music. Not as much a dealbreaker here.
-Looks eerily like a bumped-up PS2 game.

You haven't played many Japanese-developed PS3 games this generation yet, have you?

Haunted

It's obviously very early and with some placeholders still in there, I don't know what's so hard to understand about that.

Y2Kev said:
But have you played that game?
TRICO The Movie: The Game: The Official Game of the Movie.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Naka said:
I tried, guess I couldnt past fast enough haha. As soon as I heard it I thought it sounded like Miller's Crossing so I had to youtube to confirm.

i just watched that a few days ago...

trailer was obviously the real deal and looked quite nice. well, technically. the look on my face as i watched it was one of utter amazement and excitement though. ps3 sold +1

and the dog/rat/bird thing was great. amaturish? not in the least. quite original and cool IMO.

what is trico supposed to be about anyway?

bounchfx

I love how pissy so many of you are getting over placeholder art.

For fucking christ sake people IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO DONE

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
yoopoo said:
Its a mix between Bloom Box and Lair :O

psls-trico-62141.jpg

looks pretty destructible

The fact that they're using Project TRICO pretty much confirms that this is an early trailer for it. Remember that the original SoTC trailer was called NICO. The final game actually changed quite a bit from then (it was going to be a multiplayer game).

GDGF

Soothsayer
If this is fake it is seriously the best fake ever and someone needs to hire the perpetrator.

I don't think it's fake.

It looks beautiful. Puppy dragon is awesome.

anddo0

If its fake, Sony should hire these guys, It looks like they went through an awful lot of trouble to make this.

thaOwner

Amir0x said:
it's not fake. If you guys thought hard enough, you'd even remember that when the first details of TRICO released (and that thread got deleted), it had details quite like what was in this video :0

Fuck what anyone else says, this is the post I was waiting for.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
A game can do things a movie cannot do. And you're nuts if you think Ueda isn't very good at exploiting that.

This game looks, again, like it's going to be about a kinetic relationship. It's got two characters in it that will build a relationship. It's got ICO's art style for the main character. This is it.

So the music is placeholder on an internal trailer. Oh no mus be fak.

Zilch said:
A departure from a game where you lead a magical, blind princess around by the hand? A departure from a game where you ride a horse around and vanquish the land of giant fiends? Are you daft?

Artistically.

This looks a bit childish, like a family movie. Ueda's two other games were melancholic and definitely very far from this in many ways.

traveler

Not Wario
bounchfx said:
I love how pissy so many of you are getting over placeholder art.

For fucking christ sake people IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO DONE

Err, isn't it? I'm assuming this is way earlier footage than the most recent build of the game seeing as how it's been over 4 years since SotC's release...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
As for the "TRICO" thing, I went hunting around to try and find some source about it because I was sick of hearing Sony fanatics wield the name around like some Excalibur-type saviour. But I did find out that Ueda himself began the procession of it being tentatively called "TRICO".

For the life of me I cannot find the article or link anymore but I'll keep searching.

SolidSnakex said:
The fact that they're using Project TRICO pretty much confirms that this is an early trailer for it. Remember that the original SoTC trailer was called NICO. The final game actually changed quite a bit from then (it was going to be a multiplayer game).
This is what I think. I wouldn't be surprised if this footage is a year old.

billy.sea

Banned
Mr.Green said:
If this puppy dies at the end I'm gonna shit in my PS3 and send it to Sony for repair. In retaliation.

I hope it does die in the end. Not because I don't like it, but that would make an amazingly memorable story.

oneHeero

Jtyettis said:
WTH, They are banned. :lol

Just stop following me around dude. I got a triple get over it.

There is nothing about this video that says fake to me btw it's simply because they are banned for numerous ridiculous rumors in the past yet this is real. That is all.
Calm down bro, I havent played any of the games made by UEDA, this would be my first one if anything. It was a joke, didnt you see the big ass picture I posted? Nonetheless your as much of a fanboy as I am so dont give me the "I got a triple" thing. Who cares, I had a 360. It was a joke anyways, I always see you 2 posters get shit for it and you both were in here to claim shenanigans so fast I thought it would be funny :)

GDGF

Soothsayer
Mr.Green said:
If this puppy dies at the end I'm gonna shit in my PS3 and send it to Sony for repair. In retaliation.

You know the puppy dragon is going to die.

It's the only way.

Tutomos

PlayStation LifeStyle - E3 2009 Predictions

o “PS3Mote” Motion Controller announcement
o SCEA RPG unveiled
o PlayStation Eye support
o PS3 Price Drop
o Team ICO’s next game revealed
o Twisted Metal PS3 debuted
o Next Metal Gear exclusive to PS3
o PSOne Classic Library coming to PS Store

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Black_Mamba said:
Artistically.

This looks a bit childish, like a family movie. Ueda's two other games were melancholic and definitely very far from this in many ways.
In theme, maybe. How is this that different from ICO's castle greeneries?

Guled

It seams like everyone thinks the beast will die, maybe the twist is the boy dies. That would be more epic, more so if he dose it to save the rat thing life

thaOwner

Jtyettis said:
WTH, They are banned. :lol

Just stop following me around dude. I got a triple get over it.

There is nothing about this video that says fake to me btw it's simply because they are banned for numerous ridiculous rumors in the past yet this is real. That is all.

My favorite type of posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom