• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE X: GAME OF THE YEAR. AGAIN.

duckroll

Okay, thanks to Srider's advice combined with some awesome guys on 2ch, I now have both the license AND the video on my HDD. I will attempt to de-DRM it and share later. :D

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
duckroll said:
Okay, thanks to Srider's advice combined with some awesome guys on 2ch, I now have both the license AND the video on my HDD. I will attempt to de-DRM it and share later. :D
oh yeah!

cant wait

Sho Nuff

Banned
OMG DO I SEE MULTIPLE SPACE DUDES IN THOSE SHOTS???

MULTIPLAYER OVER XBOX LIVE???

Oh please god please.

I also hope you can be the flying girl cuz she is the funnest.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Sho Nuff said:
OMG DO I SEE MULTIPLE SPACE DUDES IN THOSE SHOTS???

MULTIPLAYER OVER XBOX LIVE???

Oh please god please.

I also hope you can be the flying girl cuz she is the funnest.

They have added NPCs to the game to give it more of a "battlefield" atmosphere. XBOX LIVE is listed on the famitsu preview though. If this is on live I will pay for a gold subscription. EDF2 is so ****ing fun co-op.

MegaTen

Banned
duckroll said:
Could you repost the details? I'd like to watch Gyao regularly.. :)

duckroll

Thanks to Danj, another awesome ally of the EDF, the video is now DECRYPTED! I zipped it up and am currently uploading it to a Japanese file server. I will also Youtube it after that. :D

The video is 5+ mins and is 30meg.

Burger

Perhaps you are right. Having never heard of this EDF thing, where would a defence force virgin start ? Am I looking at an import PS2 title here or something ?

Error

Burger said:
Perhaps you are right. Having never heard of this EDF thing, where would a defence force virgin start ? Am I looking at an import PS2 title here or something ?
you blow up shit and kill aliens, how can you not like that?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Can someone explain the appeal ? Because I sure cannot see it ??

here's how it goes :

*look at cover* what is this steaming pile?
*load game* what the hell is this?
*hit start - first level* Christ, FRAME RATE DEATH... what the hell? GAFfers said this was good
*5 minutes later* okay... this game is pretty fun, but it's still only average
*2-3 levels later* what the hell? the frame rate problems seem to have gone ... or i've got used to it... die you ant scum! Feel the heat of my rocket melt your sugar loving flesh!
*10-14 levels later* HOLY FRIGGIN SHIT how the FLIP is the PS2 rendering some of this crap!? why can't i stop grinning...?! ARGH...
*30 levels later* ... if this was a lolly pop, i'd still be sucking on the stick 5 years later, this is hot game sex... and like the best things in life, it's asian and costs $20.
*3-4 levels from the end* ... why are you stamping on my testicles then pouring vinegar into the open wounds? Framerate + hard + weak sauce = tears.

I'm not a score giving guy, but i'd give this a 9.102312421948214921 out of turnip

BenT

Great work, guys. Thanks!

I never encountered a YouSendIt file that required a login before. Lame. However, BugMeNot took care of first try. The download took like 15 seconds.

BenT

That girl is beyond annoying.

The game looks pretty solid, though. I hope it feels as fresh as EDF2 did. It's encouraging to see that outside of the ants and spiders the enemies all seem new. The framerate is definitely okay so far, too, despite obvious slowdown in some scenes.

So err, is there a release date yet?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
thanks, duckroll. game looks fantastic -- i love how the big robots recoil when they're shot. edf2 had awfully impressive physics for a ps2 game, nevermind a budget ps2 game, and i suppose edfx stands to improve on that. is there a better feeling in videogames than firing a plasma bazooka into a crowd of giant spiders and watching them fly? maybe not.

i will be completely satisfied once we see pale wing. no, check that: i will be completely satisfied once pale wing has fired her plasma bazooka at the unbelievably irritating girl who squeaks over most of that video.

dcharlie's summary of the edf2 experience is dead on. i dunno why they didn't just cut that first level, which sucks and runs at about 10 fps for no obvious reason.

bloke

That girl needs good spanking. Nice to see that framerate is pretty good, still lack of jetpack soldiers will make grown men cry.

duckroll

For those who don't want to fight Yousendit to download a 30meg file, I youtubed it too! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw1djFoPQIM

Also, release is set for this Winter, with a slight slip-up at Gyao's description box earlier stating that it would actually be in December, before they corrected that and moved it back to "Winter." :lol

Error

omg omg omg omg omg

this game is going to be the best game ever :D

I want to hit that girl so bad too(the one in the vid) she's so hot

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yet more evidence that a Japanese 360 is actually better value than the US one. Gotta love it. Take that America.

(unless america gets it too...in which case, you suck)

Aaron

Thanks, duckroll. I think my heart stopped for a moment there watching the video. I can't get over just how good this game looks. I don't even care if the framerate drops through the floor on the final levels. I'll still beg, borrow, or steal to get it. There's no other upcoming game I find half as interesting.

duckroll

Zerodoppler said:
This video sold me on next gen. I'll be massively pissed if this game is never released in europe.

Considering BOTH EDF games have been released in Europe so far, I don't think you have anything to worry about at all. Our American friends on the other hand....... start praying. :D

duckroll said:
Considering BOTH EDF games have been released in Europe so far, I don't think you have anything to worry about at all. Our American friends on the other hand....... start praying. :D

Wait. Do you mean Global Defence Force is out now? If so, I need to get my ass down town and purchase a copy.

duckroll said:
For those who don't want to fight Yousendit to download a 30meg file, I youtubed it too! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw1djFoPQIM

Also, release is set for this Winter, with a slight slip-up at Gyao's description box earlier stating that it would actually be in December, before they corrected that and moved it back to "Winter." :lol

Wow, thanks for the upload! Game looks MENTAL. I'm still eagerly awaiting the continually pushed back PAL release of EDF2. :(

Acosta

DCharlie said:
here's how it goes :

*look at cover* what is this steaming pile?
*load game* what the hell is this?
*hit start - first level* Christ, FRAME RATE DEATH... what the hell? GAFfers said this was good
*5 minutes later* okay... this game is pretty fun, but it's still only average
*2-3 levels later* what the hell? the frame rate problems seem to have gone ... or i've got used to it... die you ant scum! Feel the heat of my rocket melt your sugar loving flesh!
*10-14 levels later* HOLY FRIGGIN SHIT how the FLIP is the PS2 rendering some of this crap!? why can't i stop grinning...?! ARGH...
*30 levels later* ... if this was a lolly pop, i'd still be sucking on the stick 5 years later, this is hot game sex... and like the best things in life, it's asian and costs $20.
*3-4 levels from the end* ... why are you stamping on my testicles then pouring vinegar into the open wounds? Framerate + hard + weak sauce = tears.

I'm not a score giving guy, but i'd give this a 9.102312421948214921 out of turnip

DCharlie, you just need to left that boring work of you and embrace your true profesion: game journalist! (I would pay you money for that. if I had :p).

HOLY SHIT IN BYCICLE! OMG AT THE VIDEO! I BUY NOW AN ASIAN XBOX 360, LOOK AT ME!

720p screenshots! http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060825/edfx.htm

edfx16.jpg

edfx22.jpg

Meier

l_ge_edf04.jpg

Seriously, those pics look great. I remember the EDF2 GOTY thread but honestly never checked it out.. guess I should have read up on it earlier! Please release this in the US someone. :)

Read more of the thread and saw the 720p pics (nice!) and now I'm checking out the video... ahaha it's so cheesey to start. I love it!

I've never wanted to actually murder someone, but that woman....yeeesh. Did the marketing guys feel the game couldn't speak for itself? After seeing the footage, I'd say this is my most wanted next-gen game right after MGS4. This truely looks next-gen, something I've not said for a 360 game yet.

If anyone's not seen the video, the first 3 minutes are totally skippable.

Top Bottom