• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthworm Jim Review with Tommy Tallarico

Nikodemos

Indeed. To this day members of the original team still say it's unfinished business. They want to make another game but the powers that be (Interplay) is preventing them from doing so.
Isn't Interplay basically a skinwalker by now? The company doesn't actually exist as a functional entity any more, merely as a placeholder for IP-hoarding.

Isn't Interplay basically a skinwalker by now? The company doesn't actually exist as a functional entity any more, merely as a placeholder for IP-hoarding.

It's funny you say that. I thought so myself. I PM'd David Perry, Doug, Mike Dietz and some of the other team members and according to them Interplay is still keeping EWJ which is strange because they had/having an entire IP sale for other companies/developers to purchase.

People on the Interplay facebook page are asking about Clayfighter (all of us thought it was on hold/cancelled) but Interplay says they're working on it. I was hoping we'd get an announcement for next gen ClayFighter but nope.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i was a 90s kid and i loved Earthworm Jim. i have a strong memory of listening to the Presidents of the United States of American cassette over and over while playing through the SNES games.

MDK was badass too, one of the best early 3D 3rd person action games alongside Tomb Raider and Mario.

dirthead

Banned
They're making a Bigfoot Bill game and Tallarico is already contributing a track to it, so it basically is a new EWJ game. The character is transparently the same. Here's hoping it turns out better than MN9 and other failed attempts at making a sequel without "making a sequel."

Just checked his Twitter...he's literally calling it the follow up to EWJ. Yeah.

Last edited:
i was a 90s kid and i loved Earthworm Jim. i have a strong memory of listening to the Presidents of the United States of American cassette over and over while playing through the SNES games.

MDK was badass too, one of the best early 3D 3rd person action games alongside Tomb Raider and Mario.

MDK was awesome man. In fact I recall David Perry and Nick Bruty were saying it revolutionized the FPS and third person genre. In Japan it's called, "My Dear Knight"

Nick was working on a spiritual successor to Kobuto and MDK on Kickstarter but it wasn't successful :(

They're making a Bigfoot Bill game and Tallarico is already contributing a track to it, so it basically is a new EWJ game. The character is transparently the same. Here's hoping it turns out better than MN9 and other failed attempts at making a sequel without "making a sequel."

Just checked his Twitter...he's literally calling it the follow up to EWJ. Yeah.

Would be pretty awesome if BFB was one of the launch games for the new Intellivision.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I had no idea he was a composer until recently. I always just knew him from Reviews on the Run and Electric Playground.

I had no idea he was a composer until recently. I always just knew him from Reviews on the Run and Electric Playground.

I think the first time I realized Tommy composed EWJ was on ElectricPlayground since a lot of the tracks from the game were played during certain segments on the show. There was also an interview with David Perry. I remembered the credits and the names matched. I was like WOW!

Last edited:
Top Bottom