• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA's on a roll!: New PvZ 2 update

You know Andrew Wilson, EA's current CEO? The former head of EA Sports who was supposed to do so much better than Riccitiello at being the CEO of EA?

Well I want Riccitiello back. Can we please have Riccitiello back?

Mman235

Surely this endless bullshit from EA has to bite them on the ass at some point? Then again, last I heard here they're losing money despite their greed so maybe it is. Too bad it's companies under them that will mostly suffer rather than the idiots who forced shit like this to be greenlit. Unfortunately if things stay the same RIP hopes of Mirror's Edge 2 being good I guess :( .

I only wish the wouldn't continue to be incredibly successful in all of this. It's just saddening.

Actually, it's not even in the top 100 highest-grossing apps right now on the App Store (#109). EA can't be happy with that, given the popularity of the original, which I assume is why they made these changes.

Fox Mulder

Let's vote the fuck out of EA. Hat trick as the worst company we can do this.

just stop buying or paying attention to their shit. They've won that stupid pointless award twice now and have actually got worse. It's meaningless.

Unfortunately if things stay the same RIP hopes of Mirror's Edge 2 being good I guess :( .

I have zero interest in seeing what mirrors edge 2 looks like coming out of current EA. The first game was incredible, but obviously an accident or fluke.

This is getting nuts. Still can't believe the lawnmower thing. Fuck EA. It's sad that I'm actually considering not trying out Titanfall because of them.

Outside of the NHL series, I'm sure I can avoid EA... mostly... hopefully...

This is getting insane, and it seems that EA is trying to run faster to the bottom more than any other company in history. I know people hated them before and voted them the worst company in America (I still say Bank of America is worse) but they are trying to set a record of getting to the bottom of the barrel, then through the bottom and going underground.

Mike M

Nick N
Exactly.

Words: "We don't want to be viewed as the worst company in America."

Actions: Dungeon Keeper, BF4 rush to DLC, this in an update to a game that was considered to be a good standard for mobile IAPs!
Two of those are just this past week, a full accounting of their sins over the past year would be quite the list.

Nokterian

Holy shit, EA. Absolutely pathetic.

Yup fully agree with this one.

EA is doing it again and there surpassing microsoft by a country mile to win 3 times in row for worst company in america. They need to learn from this because these practices are disgusting.

I'm still sad about what happened with this game. I LOVED the first Plants Vs Zombies. I happily paid $10 for it when I got the first iPad, and it was awesome. Then I bought it on my Xbox 360, and my Vita, and finished it on both.

Then I heard what was happening with Plants Vs Zombies 2, and my heart sunk. I read people's impressions when it came out, and I never even bothered to download it. :(

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
And what is EA's response? Insulting corporate diarrhea spewed from their mouth hole.

This is their response to the Dungeon Keeper fiasco, I'm sure they'll be saying something similar about PvZ2 soon:

"We're also seeing a lot of game downloads and in-game engagement so that tells us there is a large group of people who are playing and enjoying the game," he notes. "Obviously, this is counter to some of the angry reactions we’ve seen around the internet."

"I think any time you re-make anything that is much beloved and has a great sense of nostalgia for people—be it a game, a movie, or whatever—people are going to be very protective of it."

Darte

fucking EA. I've got 200k coins thanks to having a bunch of keys being made into coins prior to the previous update. As soon as I run out, I'm deleting the game.
EA is a cancer to the gaming industry.

You know Andrew Wilson, EA's current CEO? The former head of EA Sports who was supposed to do so much better than Riccitiello at being the CEO of EA?

or before
uOA9jN2.png

Camwi

All I know is that when they FINALLY get around to moving this to other platforms, they'd better not include any of this IAP bullshit. I've replayed PvZ on the PC, 360, Vita, and my android phone because I fucking loved the game that much, and I hate the way they've handled the sequel.

Kieli

It's a shame that the medium budget experiences are pretty scarce now. It feels to me like most of the games being released are either mobile shovelware or AAA experiences. Neither of which really suit my tastes....

inky

Hey, guys, but if they don't make games like this they'll be forced to shut down PopCap in a few years!

FUCK. YOU. EA

Ennoia

Banned
Not if people stop supporting this bullshit.

But “people” will never stop, just like Call of Duty for console market, now almost every mobile publisher is pursuing the "Clash of Clans" and " Puzzle & Dragons"audience, these mobile players are the new hardcore, they will play the game a hundred times a day, wasting hundreds of nights\weekends\holidays for it, and they will gacha, they will git gud, they will do whatever the publisher want to, and the mass data is based on their playing and consuming behavior, ultimately prove what EA doing is righteous for capitalists.

We just can't understand other people's thought, we don't know why there are still thousands of Chinese mobile players are willing to give their exclusive version PVZ2 five star rating, they are the market for easy money. It's fantastic and absurd, but it exists.

Wait, the current CEO of EA is that sports, sports, spots guy? Jesus Christ...

johnny956

Just started a pinata event and messed up so I was going to restart....1000 coins for a restart now. So glad I haven't put a single cent into this game.

Cracks me up because if it was $5 I would have easily bought it considering how much I enjoyed the first one

Sciz

Guys, it's a joke on Dungeon Keeper microtransactions scheme

...at least for now

Is this real? This isn't real. Wait. Is it real?!

100,000 @ £20.99 - 1:4764
150,000 @ £27.99 - 1:5359
200.000 @ £34.99 - 1:5715
450,000 @ £92.08 - 1:4887 (listed as "Best Deal")

Surely there is a law against openly lying to your customers.

You know, I hadn't even noticed the pricing thing at the time, I just grabbed the first shot of the high end coin purchases I could find. But it's apparently a legit screenshot from this mailbag article, so I guess there was a Forza-style "pricing error" that slipped past us.

mzl.jtugfrra.175x175-m9byb.jpg

(this is not a shop, this is the actual iTunes icon. Truth in advertising!)

Revven

Scummy as always, not a surprise.

It's time people stopped buying EA games.........

but that's clearly not gonna happen in a million years... -_-

Good thing I don't buy anything they publish!

rrs

EA, Zynga, they all make money off the big spenders, giving them special benefits even. It's no longer about the little people, it's about glorified skinner boxes and walls in the way of anything to hide a barren game from a customer so the powers that be can send out a premade update whenever the games starts losing the smallest bit of money. And they will buy, oh will they buy.

Goldrush

I actually thought the initial release was pretty good. However, each major update just fucks up the game more and more.

They are testing the waters, seeing how much they can get people to go in on it without giving up in disgust.

This is cancerous, and the people that support this with money are cancerous.
It's not cancerous it is sensible business strategy. Poison the water to see how much the population can tolerate, then offer an antidote to the living. At a price.

JustinBB7

Is this even on PC yet?

Though I guess even if it was it would only be on Origin so I wouldn't buy it regardless, but just wondering if it was. Seems to be only on phones.

Top Bottom