• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easiest Boss Fights

Silvawuff

So GAF, what do you think is the easiest boss fight you've ever experienced? My vote is for this:

Rt2lNiW.png

There's also another boss in Dynamite Headdy that's already defeated when you get to it, by another character. Is this a sell out for putting legitimate content in a game, or something funny and unexpected?

Pinwheel from Dark Souls.

On a game where everything turns you into poo, there comes this weird magic using guy, I rushed to him hitting like crazy and was surprised when he went down in 3 or 4 hits.

pinwheel-large.jpg

Hatty

APxcTiz.gif

edit: shit
oGCCWAx.jpg

Baby bowser had re-spawning healing items in the middle of the room. Its impossible to lose

Ultimadrago

Does the final encounter in Fable 2 even count?

He's the final enemy, so-to-speak, but it certainly isn't a "boss." Whatever, I'll say him.

Puggles

Finished Fire Emblem: Awakenings last night...it was basically walk forward 2 turns and attack. A little anti climatic for a final boss.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Well strangely I always had problems with Blood-starved Beast until I got that huge hammer that doubles as a sword.

Go straight to the back of the church and a few charged attacks sends him through a window.
I messed up and lost my save did it again the same way.

All Bloodborne bosses are STUPID easy once you get into the DLC, because it's so much insanely harder it makes the base game a trip for kids

BiggNife

There's also another boss in Dynamite Headdy that's already defeated when you get to it, by another character. Is this a sell out for putting legitimate content in a game, or something funny and unexpected?

There's a difference between joke bosses (like the one in the OP) and easy bosses. Bob the Killer Goldfish in EWJ, Mysterio in Spiderman 2, and Letz Shake from No More Heroes are all joke bosses played for laughs, and I never got the impression they were implemented as a replacement for real content for anything like that.

As far as actual bosses that are insanely easy, Celestial Emissary from Bloodborne comes to mind. For a game known for challenging fights, CE is basically a joke. Though one could argue that might've been on purpose.

gelf

Not including joke bosses like Bob the easiest I can think of is the first boss in Sonic 2. It's just a car with a drill in the front that you can easily leap over and land multiple hits.

Sonic-2-Emerald-Hill-Zone-Boss.gif

woopWOOP

parod8.png

Final boss of Parodius. Easily destroyed, doesn't attack back and if you decide to leave it hanging it'll just automatically die after a while anyway.
More of a joke boss obviously.

story_cavestory43.png

The first two forms of The Doctor from Cave Story are stupidly easy. Just shoot a few rockets and he'll be out within half a minute.

mclem

There's a difference between joke bosses (like the one in the OP) and easy bosses. Bob the Killer Goldfish in EWJ, Mysterio in Spiderman 2, and Letz Shake from No More Heroes are all joke bosses played for laughs, and I never got the impression they were implemented as a replacement for real content for anything like that.

King Allant from Demon's Souls strikes me as an odd one, since he's not strictly a 'joke' in real terms, and there are reasonable plot reasons why he's so utterly trivial - but he is the Big Final Boss in a game full of extremely tough combat. Is he intended to be a cathartic experience like the final Omnislash fight with Sephiroth in FF7? I didn't really get that from it either. It definitely takes you by surprise, anyway!

mclem

Not including joke bosses like Bob the easiest I can think of is the first boss in Sonic 2. It's just a car with a drill in the front that you can easily leap over and land multiple hits.

Sonic-2-Emerald-Hill-Zone-Boss.gif

Sonic 1 on the Game Gear is interesting, in that due to the reduced screen size, the first boss can be attacked while he's meant to be out of reach (and is out of reach on the MS) - which means you can land the eight quick hits you need to take him down before he even gets to execute an attack.

Everyone listing DS and Bloodborne bosses, just stop. I mean, come on. Those games aren't easy.

My vote goes to any Mario or Zelda boss. They are usually cool, but rarely difficult.
Also obligatory yu yevon

retroman

So GAF, what do you think is the easiest boss fight you've ever experienced? My vote is for this:

Rt2lNiW.png

Yep, that's the first one I thought of before clicking on this thread. I can appreciate joke/easy bosses, especially if the preceding level was quite tough.

Also, a bit off-topic perhaps, but I like fake bosses that are replaced with the proper boss at the start of the fight.

Here's a recent example from Super Time Force Ultra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vb3AdnJ3q0s#t=125

Top Bottom