• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eastbound & Down - Season 4 - Kenny Powers is back for 8 episodes - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Warming Glow: The Best Of The ‘Eastbound & Down’ Series Finale: The End. Cut To Black.
If you ask me, the secret to success is to have a diverse portfolio. Too much of any one thing is no bueno. Of course, sometimes balancing can be hard, but all things worth having are worth fighting for.

Sometimes hard work pays off.

If a man doesn’t have a dream, well guess what? His soul begins to die.

So after you’ve accomplished your dreams, the best thing to do is to come up with new dreams. That way, as the years roll on, as they will do, you’ll always look to the future with hope.

But of course the future is sure to hold its fair share of miseries. All kinds of shitty sorrows. I find solace in the fact that from each sorrow comes a little bit of knowledge. And with knowledge is wisdom.

If you’re lucky, you get a second act in life. But sooner or later, death will come. Unannounced, old man reaper comes to claim your soul. All you can hope for is that the people you love will cherish the time they’ve spent with you.

In the end, you judge a man by how he influenced the world. You judge him by the seeds he left behind. And you judge the seeds by the harvest. Kenny Powers’ harvest remains unknown, but I’m pretty goddamned proud of my seeds.

The End.

Cut to black.

Audience goes f*cking apesh*t.

xbhaskarx

stevie6v5dd9.gif

lol

Great finale I don't think I've laughed that hard at a television show when the monologue started at the end. Season rankings S4 > S1 > S3 > S2

I think the funniest part of the episode was Kenny's heartfelt goodbye speech to his kids when he was detailing his frequent flyer plan options.

Jerrod

The finale was better than I expected it to be. I wish they had just left the future part as the actual ending, and if they wanted to do another season then open with him still writing it like they ended here.

Robot Pants

I was kinda hoping they were gonna pull a 25th hour ending. Where you don't know for sure if all that happened or not, but it could have.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I figured they were teasing a movie, when Kenny said his TV career was over, and he was moving onto movies.

relaxor

what?
I really liked when Stevie said eff you to SBC's friend's son as they took off. That made me laugh a lot. Great finale. Really, really good.

Just caught up now and finished this season. Wow what can I say. I deff got six feet under vibes from that final scene and was jumping up and down during the entirety of it. It was just completely perfect. I don't think this is the last of Kenny Powers but if it is he went out on top. Eastbound will forever be top 4 comedy of all time for me. In good company with Curb, AD & Always Sunny (ok trailer park boys too.)

Unbelievable last season. I bought in on Amazon last night and used a sick day to finish it this morning. Honestly there were tears in my eyes the last episode. Such a phenomenal finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom