• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

Under normal circumstance that might be true, but when addressing a DM there are different rules of etiquette in place. If you're running a game and one of your players points out that you're using the grapple rules wrong (to pick a random example), the DM has every right to be annoyed as he's supposed to be in control of the game and its rules, to the point of breaking them for reasons he shouldn't have to explain, and the player's comment becomes disruptive and irritating. It's backseat DMing, when the right thing to do is to stay silent and possibly take it up in private between sessions. If this kind of disruption happens regularly, it gets much worse.

When a complete stranger who is invited to observe a game publicly says the DM is using the grapple rules wrong, he's stepping out of line. This is not okay, and it's a rare DM who'll find it to be acceptable behavior.
The DM is the only one with the full picture of the story, and shouldn't be questioned at every step, I agree with that notion.
However this isn't people actively interrupting the game (unless Ben was referring to Ian, Kyle and the guys questioning him), these are people commenting, for better or worse you can't stop people expressing their views on the Internet (YouTube or elsewhere) so your only weapon is, quite literally, to ignore them.
As I said, people should stop repeating whatever they think should be done every single episode, absolutely.
Whether they stop or not, you can do nothing but ignore them and consider it astrotufing, like people going "first!" In comments sections.

DKHF

Wasn't a huge fan of the latest EZA podcast, though it's just because most of the upcoming games they talked about I don't care about (aside from Uncharted). If only Nintendo had announced their news a day earlier, would have been an amazing show, but obviously it's not the guy's fault they missed it since they always record at that time. Hopefully they talk a bit about it on next week's show. And I liked the Star Fox bet video at the end, that was some funny commentary over it.

I just want to say that my anger toward certain things is not directed at GAF at all. Everyone in this thread is usually very reasonable, especially when you're being critical. It's YouTube comments and other things (just today someone messaged me on battle.net for the sole purpose of hurling insults). I think in the end, though, it's sort of my own fault. I enjoy reading comments because they can offer excellent feedback. However, I get too obsessed and riled up when I see something hurtful just for the sake of it. These sorts of comments will always exist. That will never change and it isn't worth the energy to get upset over them. It's the nature of the job and I'm very slowly learning to accept that.

UrbanRats

I just want to say that my anger toward certain things is not directed at GAF at all. Everyone in this thread is usually very reasonable, especially when you're being critical. It's YouTube comments and other things (just today someone messaged me on battle.net for the sole purpose of hurling insults). I think in the end, though, it's sort of my own fault. I enjoy reading comments because they can offer excellent feedback. However, I get too obsessed and riled up when I see something hurtful just for the sake of it. These sorts of comments will always exist. That will never change and it isn't worth the energy to get upset over them. It's the nature of the job and I'm very slowly learning to accept that.
These people are assholes, no question about that (in fact, I apologise if I came off dismissive in my post above).
And usually between 100 positive comments, it's the 1 negative remark, that sticks with you.
Just wanted to remind you that most people enjoy the show you're putting out as it is.
Actually, it's the main reason for my pledge.

So yeah, just remember that the majority of people are behind you, when some asshole decides to mouth off at you because you're under a spotlight, and they can sling shit from the dark.

Tankard

Whats the exact version of tetris bosman is playing and/or how can i get it?

I wanna beat everyone

Gameboy and you can play through emulation.
If you want i can pm you an emulation website (have no idea if it's the best way to emulate it around, it's the one that works for me) with this version of tetris, i'm not sure i can do this here.

SeanTSC

Oh Ben. Youtube? That shit will break you man.

Hasney

People who enjoy rereading OPs (none of you) will have noticed that Auctopus has provided some shiny banners for the shows.

Say "Thank you NeoGAF poster Auctopus"

Philippo

Thank you NeoGAF poster Auctopus, those banners are seriously awesome

I chime in with the others and say i still can't feel all the same HYPE i had with the previous program, but meanwhile that game to movie transition with the slowed down voice kills me everytime.

Also, shoutout to you Huber for those goods comics in the background (TDKR, The Black Glove, Arkham Asylum etc.)!

Gameboy and you can play through emulation.
If you want i can pm you an emulation website (have no idea if it's the best way to emulate it around, it's the one that works for me) with this version of tetris, i'm not sure i can do this here.

Thx bro, i found a way to play it

I only watched the latest episode so idk the settings he uses, does he usually start at lvl 9 or was that the hyperbolic training?

From the few games i got in, i can confidently say.... i'm never gonna beat kyle let alone woz

Hasney

Thx bro, i found a way to play it

I only watched the latest episode so idk the settings he uses, does he usually start at lvl 9 or was that the hyperbolic training?

From the few games i got in, i can confidently say.... i'm never gonna beat kyle let alone woz

Start at level 9 for high scores as each level number is a multiplier for the scores. The hyperbolic chamber thingy is a cheat to access higher levels at the start, but they don't give additional bonuses, so it's not good to start there.

Tankard

Start at level 9 for high scores as each level number is a multiplier for the scores. The hyperbolic chamber thingy is a cheat to access higher levels at the start, but they don't give additional bonuses, so it's not good to start there.

Are you sure starting at level 9 for non-experienced players is the best way to go? I mean, it's the best way to go for Kyle because he is already pretty good at it, but at least for me i tried for a couple of days to start only from level 9 and just felt too overwhelming all the time, i started playing much better once i toned down a bit.

Hasney

Are you sure starting at level 9 for non-experienced players is the best way to go? I mean, it's the best way to go for Kyle because he is already pretty good at it, but at least for me i tried for a couple of days to start only from level 9 and just felt too overwhelming all the time, i started playing much better once i toned down a bit.

I hadn't played GB Tetris in god knows how many years and 9 was fine to me. But that may have been like slipping on an old glove or something and it just tapped into the knowledge lodged in my brain somewhere.

Sure, start somewhere else by all means to get going, but you gotta start games at 9 to make those points once you're comfortable.

Burt

Do people like Primal? It sort of went completely under my radar. Far Cry for me has fallen into the Assassin's Creed category of "Once every 3-4 years pick the best game in the franchise since you last touched it and just play that".

Hasney

Do people like Primal? It sort of went completely under my radar. Far Cry for me has fallen into the Assassin's Creed category of "Once every 3-4 years pick the best game in the franchise since you last touched it and just play that".

It has its fans, but I'm not one of them. Kudos for going for the setting, but eh, just wasn't very fun.

Didn't play it, but the press seemed mostly positive about it but in a time waster way, rather than this is a game you should play.

Tsosie

I am sorry that you have to go through that, especially as a fellow DM. I love TTE and hope you can keep it going. Remember, for every negative comment there are many more people that are thankful for what you do. Sadly, we do not say it enough to outshine the negative comments. Thank you for what you make, it is awesome.

Thx bro!

Are u auditioning for the most helpful dude on gaf??? Lol

Hasney

Thx bro!

Are u auditioning for the most helpful dude on gaf??? Lol

DHIJZcE.gif

good stuff. kyle didn't mention the exp share at all when they were talking about switching out pokemon, right? that'd probably blow bradon's mind.

Brandon worked it out for himself. He thought he found an exploit!

Flandy

Did jones ever stream Pokemon? He mentioned interacting with th chat in the first video but I can't find an archive anywhere

Brandon worked it out for himself. He thought he found an exploit!
Highlight of this entire venture for me so far. A grown man with decades of experience with gaming finding out something that my seven year old self discovered was incredibly endearing.

Edit: the video series has got me playing Pokemon Y again, not much farther than my first attempt at playing. Though I kind of think I should really just download Blue from the store.

Kneefoil

good stuff. kyle didn't mention the exp share at all when they were talking about switching out pokemon, right? that'd probably blow bradon's mind.
Yeah, he didn't tell about it (or about Exp. All, since that's the Gen I equivalent) to Brandon. He wants Brandon to experience the game as blind as possible.

Did jones ever stream Pokemon? He mentioned interacting with th chat in the first video but I can't find an archive anywhere
He didn't stream Pokémon, but he did play it on the couch when Blood was streaming F-Zero X.

Kneefoil

isn't the issue them not having a proper 3ds capture unit?

I think Brandon said that while they do have the hardware for capturing 3DS footage, he didn't want to always be tied to a chair while playing Pokémon, because that wouldn't be an authentic way to experience the game. The game was designed to be portable, after all.

wiibomb

HOT DAMN, those banners, I wouldn't be surprised if I see them used in EZA, specially the frame trap one, they are amazing

Thank you NeoGAF poster Auctopus

Updated Pokemon Plays image for the second episode.

this is amazing... I hope you do one with a huge charizard when he gets it to evolve.

Youtube? Ben please be careful, I have that habit too and it really breaks one's soul. For me watching youtube comments is like watching the Facebook comment section of a newspaper, so much anger and nonsense can really hurt, I had to control myself now of doing such things.

Ben has got me major hooked on Hearthstone. This feels like the start of something dangerous...

Ben is my new hero... I came back to HS after I leave some days after it launched on Android, now I understand things better and I'm getting a hang of how this works, I'm now just 1 win away to get my second 5 pack reward!!

Ben, have you ever though of streaming HS now? I'm so very interested in that

(I also got very interested to see that podcast you recorded in the library, but I totally understand that isn't okay with you)

Wonder if Kyle will allow Jones to trade Pokemon with him. Experiencing trading with a friend was a big part of that game.

I don't think so, may be Kyle wants him to play the game at his own pace without breaking that immersion he has by himself.

Also, I believe it would break the game since the traded pokemon gains 1.5x exp.

Tankard

God damn, Auctopus...these are some really fantastic banners.

@TheCalGee
Sick art again, man...looking forward to seeing more of you.

Im so jealous of Brandon, when he walks into a field of grass he has no idea what is going to show up, for all he knows he's going to run into a bulbasaur.

luchadork

just gotta focus on the positive ones. maybe copy them and paste them in a google doc to go back over when you feel angry at the occasional shit one. honestly feel for every shit message youve probably gotten, i wouldve made two sycophantic bestinthebiz/mvp posts or tweets.

TheCalGee

Thank you NeoGAF poster Auctopus! Sick Banners. I think we're using the same font with my altered Easy Allies logo and your Easy Update.

Really cool to see awesome artwork being made. Can't wait to see that Charizard :eek:

I'm thinking we'll see a Charizard by next week. I can't imagine Wormtail is going to make the cut as he gets farther into the game. Who knows though, I brought a Butterfree to the E4 first time I went through the game.

I loved that he thought it was this grand exploit to switch out Pokemon. That sense of discovery!

this is amazing... I hope you do one with a huge charizard when he gets it to evolve.

He'll be a big one. I tried to give Charmeleon slightly more Charizard like traits (longer thicker neck etc.) since the last pic to show hes grown a bit.

I always liked that in one of the Pokemon comics, an Ivysaur bloomed overnight into a Venusaur. That kind of gradual evolution thing works for a lot of Grass types though. How's anyone going to portray a Remoraid gradually growing into Octillery.

@TheCalGee
Sick art again, man...looking forward to seeing more of you.

Thanks again! That's a huge compliment :)

ito007

Nicely done Auctopus! These banners are amazing. I'm partial to the Toybox Tuesday one myself. I like how the arch hits right on the "A" in the title

I'm really enjoying Jones's journey through Pokemon. I can just imagine what the final episode will be like.

After the discussion between Jones and Kyle wraps up, Kyle sits up. "Before we end this, something must be settled. One last battle, and your opponent...will be me."

Kyle wips out his 3DS.

Jones smirks. "I've been waiting for this moment."

Sophie looks on.

ito007

I'm really enjoying Jones's journey through Pokemon. I can just imagine what the final episode will be like.

After the discussion between Jones and Kyle wraps up, Kyle sits up. "Before we end this, something must be settled. One last battle, and your opponent...will be me."

Kyle wips out his 3DS.

Sophie looks on.
Kyle's first move: Wrap

wiibomb

Kyle wips out his 3DS.

Sophie looks on.

ooooooooh this would be so good.. it needs to happen, it needs to be streamed.

Kyle's first move: Wrap

that is so kyle.... then he would be all smug about it hahahaha

KJRS_1993

Post about comments

I don't leave comments on either YouTube or even on Reddit. It just isn't my thing, and I wouldn't have even wrote this if it wasn't for your post. For what it's worth though, you're absolutely forkin killing it - and for every one wanker you see online, there's at least four other guys who quietly agree with me I'm sure.

The content you've made so far for EZA has easily surpassed anything at GT (and D&D isn't even my thing). I dunno what people on YouTube say about Frame Trap either, but after two episodes, it's also easily becoming a favourite podcast. Mad respect dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom