• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drac84

I think this is hilarious. The look on his face when he loaded up Skyward Sword was priceless. That anyone is upset by this astonishes me, and if people actually believe this is the end of final bets, or that Huber won't be involved again, I don't think you've picked up on the fun vibe of EZA.

This is well within the spirit of final bets.

I for one can't wait to see how Huber tries to iron-clad his next contract, and more importantly to see if Kyle can find another loophole.

Haunted

Bosman could turn out to be a master troll if his third stream is him actually playing through LttP in one sitting.

Kneefoil

The contract did state that it had to be a "complete full playthrough". While it was completed, albeit not from a "new save file", it was not a full playthrough. The two words together imply a distinction between meanings.

Bosman will probably argue that full playthrough just means beating the game but the speedrun left many sidequests and other things left uncompleted in the world of A Link to the Past. I think there is enough reasonable doubt that means Kyle Bosman has not fulfilled the contract. Depending on the leniency of the court he might even have 2 sessions as the previews stream does not count.

Though the save file had already been created when the bets were made, in the video you can see Mchan delete his old save file and create a new one, so it's up to interpretation. As for it not being a full playthrough, it was a 100% speedrun with the runner getting all items and Heart Pieces.

sora87

When the verdict is released and everyone hears the decision all the speculation will be over. If I am wrong and allies in general think the loophole is “crap” then I am comfortable with getting tagged “Owned by Huber”.

However, if I am right and it is received well, I would like to see those “Against” to be tagged with “Owned by Bosman”.

Also those who get the owned by bosman tag have to change their avatar to one of these pictures

DICBLgY.jpg

Kinyou

The way Kyle manages to wiggle himself out of bets is genuinely amazing.

It's all just fun and games. In the end Huber is imo the only one who can feel deceived because he actually had stakes in this.

I also feel a lot less disappointed than I did with the standup special, because I don't think Kyle playing A link to the past would be all that entertaining.

wiibomb

I want to hear huber's thoughts on this..

also... I can't imagine how that huber syndrome ep will go with this treachery

All this discussion is just bringing the negativity of video game culture into the EZA community which I thought was doing a great job not being a part of it.

Way more disappointed in that than Kyle not delivering some "entitled content" that some people here and on Twitch seems to be advocating for. No wonder he didn't want to do Bosman at Home through Patreon.

c'mon, this is the same overreaction as those who are condemning Kyle to hell. Don't fall there..

MrMette

Cmon that's a huge reach. Kyle wants to be villian and wants the backlash. He's not doing this for endless praise.

To be honest, I also think he loves this. Not that I know him as a person, but from what I saw the last few years, he likes to ruffles peoples feathers.

That said, it did change the vibe of the thread which is not something we should be happy with.

I could see them coming to a compromise where Damiani plays it for him but Kyle has to watch

This is the ideal outcome

Also those who get the owned by bosman tag have to change their avatar to one of these pictures
Full disclaimer; that bet is not for real but feel free to participate if you want lol

adixon

I could see them coming to a compromise where Damiani plays it for him but Kyle has to watch

haha! I still think trial by combat could get people the most hyped, and it just seems so right for huber.

Also those pictures are greatness.

*Shrug* Kyles is doing his WWE wrestling villian bit with all this. If there's really only true payoffs if one side wins (Kyle) then I have no interest in the betting special to continue. I don't find that fun or entertaining. I'm not going to cancel subs, or patreon amounts, etc. but I'm also not going to praise Kyle for taking his villian role and overplaying it on a payoff that is so incredibly mild. Hubers payoff was so much tougher and punishing this last go around.

I think the problem is that the payoff for a good wrestling heel is watching them have to live with the consequences of a loss. If Kyle gets away with this, he isn't a good heel, he's more of a Triple H, who had his fans but was also one of the most boring acts of the last twenty years because what's the point of a villain that never truly loses?

I don't think he's going to get away with it though.

FTF

Bosman could turn out to be a master troll if his third stream is him actually playing through LttP in one sitting.

hmm, this is interesting but I doubt it. Was it three streams he had to do or within three streams? (cause then it's over)

this is also interesting.

Wow this thread is a shameful mess.

Over what? A bet? Absolutely ridiculous how upset some people have gotten. This supposed to be about jolly video games time not contract law. Y'all knew Kyle would find a way out and he did and now you're mad? This happens every time and part of the game he and Huber play. Is your first round of bets?? I honestly cannot figure out how someone can feel so entitled and so emotional invested that they are now genuinely upset over a bet between friends.

FTF

haha! I still think trial by combat could get people the most hyped, and it just seems so right for huber.

Also those pictures are greatness.

ha yes! Trial by combat would be great...which winds up being them just playing the atari version of combat lol

Giever

They should add "Make Kyle face justice!" as a new Patreon goal, that would bring in some big numbers if this thread is anything to go by. :p

Hakai

Well all is fine but it wasn't live! He was supposed to stream live a full playthrough, but it wasn't live!

He streamed himself live, but the playthrough wasn't! If I may get technical he didn't even streamed a playthrough, he actually streamed a 'recording of a playthrough' which we all know are very different things.

So Kyle Bosman did not fulfilled his contract and I rest my case!

Naythan

I'll say this: Kyle doing this has turned the bet into a legendary EZA moment. This will be remembered years down the line. A 17 hour stream of him blankly staring at ALTTP and occasionally saying "this sucks" or "I'm bored" or "the story is bad" would have been, in my eyes, way less entertaining.

The fact that Kyle has pushed people in this thread to unsubscribe from Twitch, make embarrassingly amateur salty memes against him, and genuinely compare him to the "Reign of Terror"-era Triple H just makes it all better.

I'm increasing my Patreon pledge.

As for you Kyle, if you're reading this...

Keep trolling, you beautiful son of a bitch.

RkaBwPu.gif

jond76

Banned
That was awesome. Once you see what he's done and you go back and read the contract, you realize the loophole is staring right at you: it never says that kyle has to play it, only that a run is to be completed duringba live stream.

Its pretty clever, and I'm sure when Huber goes back to review it he will facepalm big time.

Well all is fine but it wasn't live! He was supposed to stream live a full playthrough, but it wasn't live!

He streamed himself live, but the playthrough wasn't! If I may get technical he didn't even streamed a playthrough, he actually streamed a 'recording of a playthrough' which we all know are very different things.

So Kyle Bosman did not fulfilled his contract and I rest my case!
Yea. I find it'll be hard for Kyle to get the votes from the crew. It's a huuuuge stretch for this to squeak by.

adixon

Over what? A bet? Absolutely ridiculous how upset some people have gotten. This supposed to be about jolly video games time not contract law. Y'all knew Kyle would find a way out and he did and now you're mad? This happens every time and part of the game he and Huber play. Is your first round of bets?? I honestly cannot figure out how someone can feel so entitled and so emotional invested that they are now genuinely upset over a bet between friends.

Can we stop having overraction posts *in general* in this thread, gaffers? EmCee made some great points about contracts and how Huber could come back against Kyle's shenanigans. There was nothing embarassing there. There's been good discussion/brainstorming about where things could go, it's a bit of a drag to have people coming in insisting that "you're all overracting!" and "this is the negativity of game culture!" every five minutes.

I'll say this: Kyle doing this has turned the bet into a legendary EZA moment.

Pretty much -- Kyle always looks for a way to entertain.

Rockk

Though the save file had already been created when the bets were made, in the video you can see Mchan delete his old save file and create a new one, so it's up to interpretation. As for it not being a full playthrough, it was a 100% speedrun with the runner getting all items and Heart Pieces.

Whoops. Thats what I get for just skimming the video. I guess we'll have to see what the council of elders say on Tuesday night.

MrMette

I am watching Cup of Jones and I really like he gives some explanation on why he does specific things in his VO. It is interesting to see how this works. I never really thought about that to be honest.

Can we stop having overraction posts *in general* in this thread, gaffers? EmCee made some great points about contracts and how Huber could come back against Kyle's shenanigans. There was nothing embarassing there. There's been good discussion/brainstorming about where things could go, it's a bit of a drag to have people coming in insisting that "you're all overracting!" and "this is the negativity of game culture!" every five minutes.

Um. I never said anything of that.

SeanTSC

Getting into more detail of why I don't like what Kyle did:

I support EZA because I like the guys and the content that they produce. I supported their Twitch channel, because I enjoy their dedication to making their own content on Twitch. What Kyle did was not any of that. He randomly grabbed someone's Charity Speed Run playthrough, which is a ton of effort and hard work, and threw it up as his playthrough stream just to troll. That's really scummy, especially since that charity event is going on *right now*.

If he had gotten explicit permission from someone to restream their work as part of his joke or re-used GT/EZA content that would be different, but I found the way that he did what he did and his trolling to be really gross. I don't find randomly re-using other people's work just to screw with your own audience and co-worker to be an okay thing to do. That's not what I consider "Fair Use", I don't view it as Parody or Commentary, and it felt really bad.

jond76

Banned

I support EZA because I like the guys and the content that they produce. I supported their Twitch channel, because I enjoy their dedication to making their own content on Twitch. What Kyle did was not any of that. He randomly grabbed someone's Charity Speed Run playthrough, which is a ton of effort and hard work, and threw it up as his playthrough stream just to troll. That's really scummy, especially since that charity event is going on *right now*.

If he had gotten explicit permission from someone to restream their work as part of his joke or re-used GT/EZA content that would be different, but I found the way that he did what he did and his trolling to be really gross. I don't find randomly re-using other people's work just to screw with your own audience and co-worker to be an okay thing to do. That's not what I consider "Fair Use", I don't view it as Parody or Commentary, and it felt really bad.

Considering he gave credit to both the group doing it AND the charity it benifits, I see no problem.

Maiar_m

he did give due credit and he didn't just do that, he played another game, one he enjoys and talked about.

Anyways, you didn't like it, fine. Some people have a different sense of humor.

Giever

I don't know all of the bets history. Did Kyle weasel out of any bets prior to the 1 hour comedy special, or was that what set it off?

adixon

Um. I never said anything of that.

Hey Melon, sorry if I misinterpreted the intent of your words. You said:

Over what? A bet? Absolutely ridiculous how upset some people have gotten. This supposed to be about jolly video games time not contract law.

I was just pointing out that there were a few very thoughtful and entertaining posts about bets and contract law in the thread, and I thought you were overreacting.

"The negativity of video game culture" is literally a quote from someone else's post on this page, pointing out that several people have been reacting pretty strongly over the past page.

Deadly

Think it's hilarious he managed to loophole through the contract and even better is the upcoming council of said loophole.

MrMette

I don't know all of the bets history. Did Kyle weasel out of any bets prior to the 1 hour comedy special, or was that what set it off?

Not that I know. Also, for the 1 hour comedy special it is disputable that he weaseled out of that one. I don't see how you can do a 1 hour comedy special in 1 month with only original content.

Visceir

"Giving Credit" to them during it doesn't make what he did okay for me. He crossed a line I have.

It's probably difficult to shake those feelings and gets even harder when people are trying to tell you you're wrong but trying to explain it away might be rather futile and lead to unneccessary arguments and posts.

I'm sure you realize that Kyle didn't really have any ill or malicious intentions, no real harm was done, it was just innocent goofing off.

Hopefully the council will determine a fitting punishment for him, the people want blood!

Giever

Not that I know. Also, the 1 hour comedy special was disputable that he weaseled out of that one. I don't see how you can do a 1 hour comedy special in 1 month with only original content.

No, I agree. I call it weaseling for the sake of ease of referring to it, but I was curious if that was what started this all. It was a really unreasonable stake, because 1 hour of legitimate comedy is a LOT, it takes a lot to even get a solid 15 minutes. I'm curious if Kyle hadn't faced that one unreasonable repercussion if none of this history of continuous weaseling out of bets would have happened.

randomwab

It's funny, I actually thought Kyle should honour the bet this time, but seeing how he loophole'd it and the reaction? Bosman played you, GAF. He played us all. Keep on trolling, Kyle!

#teamtroll

MrMette

No, I agree. I call it weaseling for the sake of ease of referring to it, but I was curious if that was what started this all. It was a really unreasonable stake, because 1 hour of legitimate comedy is a LOT, it takes a lot to even get a solid 15 minutes. I'm curious if Kyle hadn't faced that one unreasonable repercussion if none of this history of continuous weaseling out of bets would have happened.
It's possible it did have some influence although he did do his 10 minute standup with original content and it was quite good imo.

I still think he is pushing the boundries a bit to far here, but in the end it is not that big of a whoop as I first felt it was and the toxicity here is something I rather get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom