• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dink

It's plain for all to see that Kyle should be kicked out of Easy Allies, but why draw the line there? I don't think that's going far enough.

Do we have any legal experts in here that might be able to suggest whether this bet welching would be enough to be considered treason towards the United States of American in a court of law. I'm wondering whether being permanently banished is the most appropriate punishment, or perhaps some serious jailtime?

FidZknJ.gif

Only option.

Axass

It's plain for all to see that Kyle should be kicked out of Easy Allies, but why draw the line there? I don't think that's going far enough.

Do we have any legal experts in here that might be able to suggest whether this bet welching would be enough to be considered treason towards the United States of American in a court of law. I'm wondering whether being permanently banished is the most appropriate punishment, or perhaps some serious jailtime?

I think I heard him whispering about burning the american flag at one point during the stream, so there's that.

Sheentak

People are taking this way too seriously.

Like I found it to be weak sauce what kyle did but hey when people are saying he should be kicked out that's way too far.

Kyle's a good dude who took a joke too far.

Remeber love and respect.

People are taking this way too seriously.

Like I found it to be weak sauce what kyle did but hey when people are saying he should be kicked out that's way too far.

Kyle's a good dude who took a joke too far.

Remeber love and respect.

I think you took those people too seriously. Everyone is counter-trolling the troll...

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Bosman will HANG for this. Wozniak will loose the rope.

Kansoku

You know what would be funny? If as a "punishment" for this, they make Kyle not participate on the next Betting Special and put Ben in his place (like some people here want). Then Huber wins and Kyle conspires with Ben so that he also weasel out of the bet.

You know what would be funny? If as a "punishment" for this, they make Kyle not participate on the next Betting Special and put Ben in his place (like some people here want). Then Huber wins and Kyle conspires with Ben so that he also weasel out of the bet.

Benkle lives by the Bushido, he wouldn't sink so low!

Kyle lost the E3 bets showdown, here's the contract he signed (ridiculous for them to do a contract, but it's because Kyle kept weaseling out of bets)

bosman tried to weasel his way out of his bet. some people didnt think it was _that_ funny. other people think that a few people saying it wasnt _that_ funny is them playing right into a masterful troll. unclear if they think bosman is funny or if trolling people is funny or both. any discussion is now being shut down by hyperbole from both sides.

Kyle was supposed to stream A Link to the Past because he lost the E3 betting special against Huber but instead he's been blowing it off. He played less than 5 minutes in the first stream and in the next one just ran a speed run in the corner while he played the intro to Skyward Sword instead. He only has 3 chances/streams to fulfil the bet and hasn't given it an honest try yet. Some people are annoyed at this, some people think it's funny and like it, some people think it's funny but are disappointed because they wanted to see Kyle actually play through it and give his reasons for why he hates it so much.

Yes I know about the bet and the contract and I only saw the first part of the stream and the bolded is what I missed. And its hilarious, Kyle the master troll, love it.

Wait, people are mad over what Kyle did?

Lol.

Those bets are just for fun and they can do whatever with the outcome. The bets isn't part of their regular streams / patreon so Its just a random bonus anyway.

When the other person wants to quit, then you have a problem.

Im not upset at Kyle, i think its all in good fun...

But if its going to effect the betting special moving forward, then its time to settle down and realize what's really at stake here.

These guys are great together. In the past, First fifteen and Gt bets were the best. Huber says he's done with the betting if Kyle doesnt follow thru with the stakes he had intended (not the one Kyle loopholed it to be). We dont want to lose this duo with this new venture, this early.
That's one of the reasons why everyone is so passionate about all this.

If this is a troll show put on by both, bravo.

If Huber quits, then we get less intense betting specials from the others, from here on out. But they will never be as great as the OG Bosnan vs Huber! And any bet with Kyle and someone else will feel low stakes.

Who, please fill me in, said that this would affect their betting specials from here on out?

Well played by Bosman. Frankly I'm struggling to see how anyone didn't see this coming, I knew it the day they released the bets.

For those of you claiming Bosman didn't fulfill the terms of the contract (or weaseled out), I frankly don't think you have a leg to stand on here. Huber is the one who decided to bring contracts into this! The exact terms, broken down, were:

1. Will stream live: Check
2. Complete full playthrough of LTTP from a new slot until the ending credits: Check
3. On Easy Allies twitch page: Check
4. In no more than three sessions: Check
5. Finishing no later than July 8th, 2016: Check
6. Three minutes prior will post specified tweet (unaltered) from his own personal twitter account: Check
7. Upon completion of the game will discuss for no less than 3 minutes on Huber Syndrome his favourite parts of the game: Pending production

What term wasn't fulfilled? If you want to argue point 2 wasn't completed in good faith my counter point would be that the terms of that clause were sufficiently vague, and that Kyle didn't draft the contract. The contract, as drafted by Camp Huber (a shady backdoor deal in and of itself, or as Bosman put it at the time: "this ain't right") specified a series of conditions to be met. Bosman met them all like a champ.

Giever

Yeah, Ben would never try to weasel out of a bet!

#FrameTrap

#LostaBet

To be fair, Brandon suggested that for some bizarre reason, and Ben latched onto it. I don't think he would have gone that far on his own (though he did try to weasel out of it a bit, himself, anyway).

Naythan

Well played by Bosman. Frankly I'm struggling to see how anyone didn't see this coming, I knew it the day they released the bets.

For those of you claiming Bosman didn't fulfill the terms of the contract (or weaseled out), I frankly don't think you have a leg to stand on here. Huber is the one who decided to bring contracts into this! The exact terms, broken down, were:

1. Will stream live: Check
2. Complete full playthrough of LTTP from a new slot until the ending credits: Check
3. On Easy Allies twitch page: Check
4. In no more than three sessions: Check
5. Finishing no later than July 8th, 2016: Check
6. Three minutes prior will post specified tweet (unaltered) from his own personal twitter account: Check
7. Upon completion of the game will discuss for no less than 3 minutes on Huber Syndrome his favourite parts of the game: Pending production

What term wasn't fulfilled? If you want to argue point 2 wasn't completed in good faith my counter point would be that the terms of that clause were sufficiently vague, and that Kyle didn't draft the contract. The contract, as drafted by Camp Huber (a shady backdoor deal in and of itself, or as Bosman put it at the time: "this ain't right") specified a series of conditions to be met. Bosman met them all like a champ.

Ah but as Blood pointed out, Kyle made his tweet last night one minute after the stream began. I think we may have discovered how Kyle fucked up.

while I'm tired of the dodging of bets, Kyle did this masterfully and it made me laugh really hard.

"they are a bunch of dumb dumbs, they fsiled to mention me playing the game."

Hahaha

respect

Lexad

Ah but as Blood pointed out, Kyle made his tweet last night one minute after the stream began. I think we may have discovered how Kyle fucked up.

The stream started, but it was a blank (we will be with you soon) and actually started streaming and talking 3 minutes later.

Kasper

To be fair, Brandon suggested that for some bizarre reason, and Ben latched onto it. I don't think he would have gone that far on his own (though he did try to weasel out of it a bit, himself, anyway).

Ben starts out with the hashtags himself, saying "the thing I didn't tell you, [...], I'm going to put some hashtags" - then Brandon tries to get Ben /off/ of that track by saying "or, you could just reply to that tweet immediately, like five minutes later and be like 'stupid good!'", which Ben doesn't want to do, instead opting to go with #FrameTrap, to which Brandon then as an offhand remark mentions #LostaBet, which Ben then also decides to use.

I would say it rests entirely on Ben's shoulders.

Not that it matters at all that Ben chickened out, it was just a stupid tweet, but I just find it amusing that people uphold him as being somehow extremely honorable when it comes to bets :p

MrMette

The stream started, but it was a blank (we will be with you soon) and actually started streaming and talking 3 minutes later.

If he had played the game, nobody would have complained about this. He more or less asked for people to be nitpicking like this after exploting the loopholes himself. You better make sure that you follow all the rules you can't troll if you decide to troll the whole bet.

You can just end the sentence there.

An interesting argument, that said I think a pretty convincing point can be made that the placeholder image isn't the actual start of the stream - rather the moment the cameras are activated is. You may have him here though...

But even if this is the hill you are going to make your stand on, Kyle can just argue that it only invalidates the one broadcast and that he still has 4 days to re-broadcast a similar show with the tweet timed correctly.

I think I would've held off until after the 8th to make known where you were going to claim he didn't meet the terms. He still has time.

Kyle thrives on meta narrative. He is the Andy Kaufman of EZA as someone said earlier, doing whatever he can to make this group/channel more than just a bunch of dudes sitting in front of a camera and stating opinions about video games. This very same meta narrative is what made The Final Bosman so special; it was more than just a gaming show, but one that had it's own mythology and lore. He's keeping things interesting in what has become fairly run-of-the-mill, giving us a spectacle to go along with the podcasts and the Twitch streams.

Bosman knows his audience. We expect the "troll." We almost crave it. The moment the bet was made, we all said "How is Bosman gonna welch on this one?" and he's shown us how. He gave us what we came for. So who are we to cast aspersions when we are the ones so curious and eager to see this all play out? I mean, admit it: this is actually kinda fun, right? I know I'm enjoying it.

Kneefoil

You can just end the sentence there.

Eh, I'm not sure if it's worth it to catch him on that technicality if there's nothing in the contract that prevents him from pulling the same stunt again. Him tweeting late would pretty much just mean that the last stream didn't count, so he would still have two more streams he could use to (re)stream someone else's playthrough.

Lexad

Maybe part of the reason I am not disappointed but in fact love it is because I don't understand streaming culture. I don't find it personally fun to watch someone else play a game, let alone 15-20 hours of a game. I come to EZA for the produced content. I have rarely if ever checked the twitch page. And usually on Tuesday during the big group stream which I would be interested in watching, I have other commitments.

this is not to to disparage those who do enjoy it, or the Allies for catering to it. I honestly only watched the beginning of Kyle's second stream (about 10 minutes) and the last 5 minutes to get the gist of what happened. I don't have the time to watch all the streams.

Giever

Tbh, I remain 100% convinced that Kyle's still going to do a legitimate full playthrough of ALttP by the 8th. Whether that comes about through coercion from the other allies, as part of his plan all along, or in response to the silly controversy, I just don't see it going down any other way in the end.

MrMette

Maybe part of the reason I am not disappointed but in fact love it is because I don't understand streaming culture. I don't find it personally fun to watch someone else play a game, let alone 15-20 hours of a game. I come to EZA for the produced content. I have rarely if ever checked the twitch page. And usually on Tuesday during the big group stream which I would be interested in watching, I have other commitments.

this is not to to disparage those who do enjoy it, or the Allies for catering to it. I honestly only watched the beginning of Kyle's second stream (about 10 minutes) and the last 5 minutes to get the gist of what happened. I don't have the time to watch all the streams.
I am usually not a stream watcher either as I don't have the time. I do watch their group stream and I have watched Blood play Link's awakening as I did play that game as a kid, but never could finish it (I got stuck somewhere) and I enjoyed it very much.

I also watch the Kyle vs Wozniak streams.

I also did see some random streams here and there (Ian's Blade Runner stream comes to mind).
Before EZA I really never watched streams except for the E3 presentations, so they convinced me to watch a lot more than I did before.

Most of the time I watch them on Youtube after they are uploaded however as I usually am either going through my much to long youtube sub queue during the week or I am sleeping (as I live in Belgium).

I am probably not watching Kyle's full stream either (maybe I will in the weekend), but still I feel different about it then you do (but again, that's ok).

But I do enjoy watching people playing video games. I watch other people on youtube as well, so maybe that's a good reason indeed. I was somewhat looking forward to see ALTTP as I didn't have a SNES when I was a kid. Also I enjoy Kyle's Tetris stream so I think he could do a good stream with a different game (never saw Dumb Game Monday because of timeconstraints), but yeah :).

wiibomb

Tbh, I remain 100% convinced that Kyle's still going to do a legitimate full playthrough of ALttP by the 8th. Whether that comes about through coercion from the other allies, as part of his plan all along, or in response to the silly controversy, I just don't see it going down any other way in the end.

you have a reaaaally good faith, haven't you?

Huh, maybe that's why I find all this business regarding Kyle and the Zelda stream (or lack thereof) so hilarious - because I too have a distinct aversion to streaming culture. Seriously, I can't watching somebody on the internet playing a video game. It's like watching paint dry.

I think I just had an epiphany!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom