• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axass

Complete list:

1. Easy Allies
  2. Eurogamer
  3. PC Gamer
  4. Giant Bomb
  5. Game Informer
  6. Ars Technica
  7. TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit
  8. GamesRadar+
  9. GameSpot
  10. The Escapist
  11. TechRaptor
  12. GameTrailers
  13. Destructoid
  14. Rock, Paper, Shotgun
  15. iDigitalTimes

LOL at GameTrailers being on the list. Also IGN is nowhere to be seen.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
... so... now... Story time still has to happen?
LoL, I feel like it kind of should for 1 episode if it stays above/at 40k :p. Because I do agree with the people that have criticized the error of not having Patron wide relevant news be synched up with the event(although like I said not a major deal either given I'm used to it as EU folk :p but I see the point).

Would be a lessons learned episode :-x

HeavenlyE

Just my opinion, nothing personal, etc. but the "you guys are entitled, so silly, ahah" posts are sometimes as bad as the "Damiani sux" ones. Some seem to want an echo-chamber just as much as some others seem to want to vent.

If we can't discuss things, what's even the point of the thread. Personally I'm supporting EZA because I care about them not because I want some sort of recognition, however 90% of the fanbase has to play "second class citizens" for two days just because they wanted a bunch of hundreds people to feel special. You don't see how someone could have an issue with that at all?

They haven't committed an unforgivable sin, but there's room for improvement on how they handled things IMO.

L&R
If anything we're lucky it's only 2 days, I'm a sponsor/first member of roosterteeth and I have to scrape through crappy phone recordings that are like 5% of the actual show to see anything from let's play lives, not to mention rtx's where they show them videos about a month early

Philippo

Massive brofist to Comrade Huber the Diaper Man for promoting The Americans.
It's so, so worthy of being called the best running Tv show, and yet nobody talks about it.
I tried with a few friends too, but only 1 ended up watching it (smh).
And S5 has been insane already.

Servbot24

Banned
Just my opinion, nothing personal, etc. but the "you guys are entitled, so silly, ahah" posts are sometimes as bad as the "Damiani sux" ones. Some seem to want an echo-chamber just as much as some others seem to want to vent.

If we can't discuss things, what's even the point of the thread. Personally I'm supporting EZA because I care about them not because I want some sort of recognition, however 90% of the fanbase has to play "second class citizens" for two days just because they wanted a bunch of hundreds people to feel special. You don't see how someone could have an issue with that at all?

They haven't committed an unforgivable sin, but there's room for improvement on how they handled things IMO.

L&R
A few things:

Gamers suck. Like... really, they're just honestly the worst. Constant cynicism, drama-mongerering and faux rage that gets really tiring (and that's stopping short of the really nasty stuff). EZA to me is like a little oasis to get away from all that and just enjoy games and good conversation with cool people. So I'll admit I get bummed when the community turns away from just being happy.

I kind of dread fan input changing what they do. I like these guys for who they are, so when their personalities and passions are brought into question, it's just like... no, EZA is about EZA being EZA. At least to me.

Criticism obviously is totally valid to speak out about but a lot of it is just not well said. Many of the posts today read like "I just need you to know that I don't believe in you." Like damn, at least give them a chance to start the podcasts. They have been awesome and trustworthy this far. I see your point of view about critique getting shut down, and I want to make my point to keep in mind how the person reading it will take it.

As for the "second class citizen" thing... sorry dude but that is just deep into bizzarro-land for me. You just don't know something for a day or two while someone else does. It doesn't matter. You're all gonna get the same content. It's catching feelings over something that has 0 impact on anyone's life. I can't tell you how to feel, just saying that personally it doesn't make sense to spread negativity over that.

Anyways it's all love & respect man.

WarRock

SO GUYS
Did the concert had any towns?

Here have some wrasslin
Kenny+Omega+moonsault+to+Okada.gif
Could you imagine Huber, Ben and Kenny feeding hype to each other and playing some For Honor or Street Fighter?

Goddamn, Easy Allies are Open Critic's "Most Trusted Review Source of 2016"

http://opencritic.com/blog/10/most-trusted-publications-of-2016
WOWA

wapplew

Massive brofist to Comrade Huber the Diaper Man for promoting The Americans.
It's so, so worthy of being called the best running Tv show, and yet nobody talks about it.
I tried with a few friends too, but only 1 ended up watching it (smh).
And S5 has been insane already.

I watch 2 episodes, still kinda cold. Will give it another chance soon.

Naythan

A few things:

Gamers suck. Like... really, they're just honestly the worst. Constant cynicism, drama-mongerering and faux rage that gets really tiring (and that's stopping short of the really nasty stuff). EZA to me is like a little oasis to get away from all that and just enjoy games and good conversation with cool people. So I'll admit I get bummed when the community turns away from just being happy.

I kind of dread fan input changing what they do. I like these guys for who they are, so when their personalities and passions are brought into question, it's just like... no, EZA is about EZA being EZA. At least to me.

Criticism obviously is totally valid to speak out about but a lot of it is just not well said. Many of the posts today read like "I just need you to know that I don't believe in you." Like damn, at least give them a chance to start the podcasts. They have been awesome and trustworthy this far. I see your point of view about critique getting shut down, and I want to make my point to keep in mind how the person reading it will take it.

As for the "second class citizen" thing... sorry dude but that is just deep into bizzarro-land for me. You just don't know something for a day or two while someone else does. It doesn't matter. You're all gonna get the same content. It's catching feelings over something that has 0 impact on anyone's life. I can't tell you how to feel, just saying that personally it doesn't make sense to spread negativity over that.

There's like 5 or 6 people who are regulars in this thread who seem to take EZA really...emotionally. Don't get me wrong, I am emotionally invested in the crew but some of these people take things next level with their nitpicking and analyzing.

Somehow whenever they throw a tantrum and write massive manifestos about how EZA isn't living up to their expectations it dominates the thread for several pages even though it's really just them going back and forth. You just gotta learn to tune it out at some point.

mcw

I recently bought tickets to a U2 concert in my city.

This is like someone claiming U2 should be required to livestream the concert because, hey, he bought the album, right?

To answer your question, yes, I can see how you have an issue with this, but your position is absurd.

Joqu

Maybe I don't quite understand what you envision. For me the idea is when new people decide to join the patron and read that page I think it would be good to give them a clearer vision of what to expect(in case EZA doesn't fundamentally disagree with my premise, I mean I might totally misread and they're totally into committing to things for as long as EZA is a thing for every show with no outs).

I don't exactly have a clear picture what you mean then with strong communication. To me I see strong communication more as this ongoing process. And it kind of seems weird to have the issue I speak of be solved in an ongoing process kind of way since you would be kind of forced to always regurgitate the same things? Given that it's aimed at new people coming that would still have to integrate into the ongoing process first.

Hope this is enough context to help solving my confusion.
Apologies. I'm just being confusing, really, I'll try to explain. To me it's all part of the same goal: the accessibility of this information. My concept of strong communications sound the same to me as yours, and of course this is an ongoing process, I would just consider the "introduction/expectations/disclaimer" page you're describing to be part of any improvements in this regard (I certainly don't want constant regurgitation of that information). ...So really we don't disagree. I'm probably just thinking about it in a weird way. Dx

Well, I feel like one difference is that I do consider what you're talking about information that's still relevant to existing patrons as well, and because of that I feel inclined to lump it all together in a way. Also, I feel like the page you want is only going to have its intended effect if ongoing communication is up to snuff afterwards, and that's it's only a small part of it all looking at it that way. I'm probably not coming from the perspective of a newcomer here which is my bad. It's all part of what shapes people's expectations though? I think that's what makes it part of this same thing to me if that makes any sense.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Apologies. I'm just being confusing, really, I'll try to explain. To me it's all part of the same goal: the accessibility of this information. My concept of strong communications sound the same to me as yours, and of course this is an ongoing process, I would just consider the "introduction/expectations/disclaimer" page you're describing to be part of any improvements in this regard (I certainly don't want constant regurgitation of that information). ...So really we don't disagree. I'm probably just thinking about it in a weird way. Dx

Well, I feel like one difference is that I do consider what you're talking about information that's still relevant to existing patrons as well, and because of that I feel inclinded to lump it all together in a way. Also, I feel like the page you want is only going to have its intended effect if ongoing communication is up to snuff afterwards, and that's it's only a small part of it all looking at it that way. I'm probably not coming from the perspective of a newcomer here which is my bad. It's all part of what shapes people's expectations though? I think that's what makes it part of this same thing to me if that makes any sense.

Aah nope totally get it now and agree thanks for the patience!

Anaithsol

Neo Member
A few things:

You've summed up people in general. It's not a concept or series of behaviors specific to the gaming subculture. You're likely being subject to instances of negativity more than often than not simply due to the fact that you're participating in communities largely comprised of one specific group.

The allies themselves welcome criticism as not everything they do is flawless even if it's part of their personalities or interests. It's one thing to bring to attention how a stream or whatever was conducted and it's another to essentially say "Damiani sucks because he likes Zelda. Make him play Call of Duty." or "Huber needs to be less positive. I want him to start being overly negative about the games he plays instead of seeing the positives."

There's certainly been some posts made today that are borderline offensive if not directly insulting, but not everything posted in a negative light is unfounded or an attack on Easy Allies or specific allies.

Simply telling people making fair criticisms to get over it and wait and see is dismissive and counterproductive to discussion. Frankly, the way some people carry out that message is oftentimes just as bad or worse than the folks directly attacking a specific ally or EZA on a whole.

I don't believe Easy Allies means to create that divide in terms of content approach purposefully let alone maliciously; however, it still doesn't erase the issue at hand. It's not a pleasant feeling to know that a limited audience at a restricted event were privy to information that all Patreon supporters should have known at the same time or shortly after via official tweets or posts. The bonus/exclusive factor for attendees should have been nothing more than the experience of attending the event in real-time rather than the addition of timed information.

What transpired at the concert event isn't disastrous to the EZA brand nor will it cause a rift in Patreon supporters, but it certainly doesn't sit right for some of those who couldn't attend. Moving forward, I hope it's something that isn't repeated or encouraged.

There's like 5 or 6 people who are regulars in this thread who seem to take EZA really...emotionally. Don't get me wrong, I am emotionally invested in the crew but some of these people take things next level with their nitpicking and analyzing.

Somehow whenever they throw a tantrum and write massive manifestos about how EZA isn't living up to their expectations it dominates the thread for several pages even though it's really just them going back and forth. You just gotta learn to tune it out at some point.

Case in point. Speaking out criticisms and responding to replies made to said criticism is hardly being emotional, throwing a tantrum, and/or writing a manifesto.

Personally speaking, I honestly couldn't care less if Easy Allies, specific allies, or supporters ignored my posts and/or had a good chuckle at them all the while stating that I'm a idiot, tryhard, or whatever, but it certainly wouldn't make them any better than the user who visits the thread, drops a comment along the lines of "Lulz, EZA is bad. Super biased." and goes about their day.

mishakoz

I recently bought tickets to a U2 concert in my city.

This is like someone claiming U2 should be required to livestream the concert because, hey, he bought the album, right?

To answer your question, yes, I can see how you have an issue with this, but your position is absurd.

I don't think this is a good analogy at all. U2 is protecting their live concert ticket sales by not live streaming. EZA don't have that issue.

Axass

A few things:

I get what you mean. I'm not outraged over this or anything, I tend to use strong words to drive my point across, so I may seem angry or excessively negative when in reality I'm not. It's also been a very rough day for me, so I probably wasn't at my best when posting.

I'm glad EZA exists, it's been a wonderful year with them and it's actually time to celebrate.

L&R

Probably a good note to end it on. We know the score now and though it might've been better to have a complimentary Patreon post, there's no point getting worked up over shows that haven't even been reached yet.

CyReN

With the whole discussion on people want and whatnot, I loved Year 1 but some random tidbits that I would personally love to see in Year 2. Some have touched on it before:

• Make the $45k tier a Bosman At Home Monthly Show (if he's willing / free)
  • Replace Game Sleuth with a monthly Spoilercast on the goals tiers (3-4 Allies discussing a recent game)
  • With the $7 movie podcast, why not just $7.50 for between $5 and $10? Maybe just me and want an even amount between tiers.
  • Move Trailer Jones to the $40k threshold to replace Story Time since it's defunct now

Overall I'm excited for the rest of 2017, can't wait to see the event highlight and congrats again on year 1.

CyReN

I think the movie and Nintendo podcasts were going to replace these, so Trailer Jones would stay at $45k.

I like Nintendo as much as the next guy, but do they really have enough content to cover a frequent show? Zelda can only go so far and we got Mario Kart remaster coming. It's kinda dry between now and potential E3 news + Mario stuff.

Hasney

I like Nintendo as much as the next guy, but do they really have enough content to cover a frequent show? Zelda can only go so far and we got Mario Kart remaster coming. It's kinda dry between now and potential E3 news + Mario stuff.

There's about 30 years of history that can be dived into. There's already 2 podcasts that are about the now.

Nasbin

I don't believe Easy Allies means to create that divide in terms of content approach purposefully let alone maliciously; however, it still doesn't erase the issue at hand. It's not a pleasant feeling to know that a limited audience at a restricted event were privy to information that all Patreon supporters should have known at the same time or shortly after via official tweets or posts. The bonus/exclusive factor for attendees should have been nothing more than the experience of attending the event in real-time rather than the addition of timed information.

What transpired at the concert event isn't disastrous to the EZA brand nor will it cause a rift in Patreon supporters, but it certainly doesn't sit right for some of those who couldn't attend. Moving forward, I hope it's something that isn't repeated or encouraged.

This has to be in the running for the stupidest, most trivial complaint levied yet in this thread. How does anyone possibly give a shit about something like this? Bosman eating pizza the wrong way around is a hundred fold more aggravating than the idea that people who attended their special event got a 2 days heads-up on some light announcements.

Anaithsol

Neo Member
This has to be in the running for the stupidest, most trivial complaint levied yet in this thread. How does anyone possibly give a shit about something like this? Bosman eating pizza the wrong way around is a hundred fold more aggravating than the idea that people who attended their special event got a 2 days heads-up on some light announcements.

And the case is made yet again.

It has been repeated several times now just recently why people are having issues with this. If you can't be bothered to read previous posts or put yourself in a situation where you can sympathize, then I can't be bothered to restate my argument or perspective.

I've never said the issue is grand in scale, but it's an issue nonetheless. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom