• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say, I was a little disappointed with Dark Game Monday.

I know he wanted to just finish the game to "check it off the list" but he could have attempted the final boss at least once by himself, no?

Kneefoil

I'm glad DGM is back in a time slot that I can watch live.

Go vote at their Patreon. I went with Game 4.
That's the one game I shouldn't vote for. Haven't played it, but I watched a full Let's Play of it some time ago. I guess I should refrain from commenting what the game is like, though, so the vote stays as fair as possible.

Auctopus

Watched the Starblood stream whilst playing Overwatch but as soon as Werewolves Within started and I heard "It means put your fucking head down.", I knew it needed my full attention.

Maligna

Banned
Watched the Starblood stream whilst playing Overwatch but as soon as Werewolves Within started and I heard "It means put your fucking head down.", I knew it needed my full attention.

Kyle played Werewolves Within!? I've been begging him to play for months wherever I can!

Was it as hilarious as I've hoped?

I'm stoked to check out that VR stream later, sounds promising

I'm surprised Kyle had Sled Storm on the vote for DGM. I've only played the PSX game so maybe the PS2 one went in a different direction?

I'm probably just accustomed to complete gutter trash from DGM so it's throwing me off

Auctopus

What is it with Kyle and digging up my PlayStation childhood? He tried to purchase Tai-Fu for DGM several weeks ago and now he's suggesting Sled Storm.

Maybe I had a pretty dumb childhood :(

What is it with Kyle and digging up my PlayStation childhood? He tried to purchase Tai-Fu for DGM several weeks ago and now he's suggesting Sled Storm.

Maybe I had a pretty dumb childhood :(

I played Sled Storm on PS1 as a kid and loved it. Didn't even know there was another one.

Finished watching the Kyle Vr stream. Fun stuff. Nobody shows off Vr like Kyle

The first game seemed fun but I wish it had more single player content. Online VR seems dicey. But the ship controls/combat looked fun

The werewolf game was fun, but not something I could ever see myself playing myself.

Maligna

Banned
Screaming my head off at this Werewolves Within stream

PUT YOUR FUCKING HEAD DOWN

Will this go up on YouTube?

Was that Kyle's first time playing? Did he have fun? I've never had people swear at me while playing. I can imagine that putting him off.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Kyle not liking Werewolves is a tragedy. He is a perfect candidate for that game. :(

To be fair I think starting out for these type of games are more fun in a group of friends playing several rounds as people get better and recognize each other's quirks. But yes I too feel like this is the type of game that Kyle and Damiani would enjoy as it plays off in the weirdest ways of off trolling tendencies.

I used to watch Mafia streams done by talents from the dota community and it was really fun to see how people adjust their play and get really good at learning each others playstyles depending on their role. It was especially funny once this guy called Slacks joined in and everyone just being baffled at his way of play cause it was all about creating chaos and yet it kind of made logical sense although success was highly dependent on the experience of the town.

Werewolf/Mafia(not the VR adaptation but just good old fashioned with people sitting in a circle) or whatever variation of it I think is a pretty neat thing to try for a weird EZA stream.

El-Suave

Damn. Was it just because of the group he was with?

I'll watch the full stream later, skipped to his impressions because I'm about to watch the WWE PPV, he was overwhelmed by how many roles there were, which can be intimidating at first for sure. But the more you play and the longer you stay in a group the better it gets. Don't know about the quality of his random group because I watched too little.

bryanee

Did the Allies do a reaction to the VGA's last year? I've been looking for a video to see if they reacted to the second Death Stranding video but I cant find anything.

Damn. Was it just because of the group he was with?
It was more the amount of roles, skills, etc overwhelmed him. I get what he means but he also dove into the deep end. I think doing the tutorial might have helped some of his concerns.

Still a fun stream. I hope he reconsiders and gives it another shot.

Maligna

Banned
It was more the amount of roles, skills, etc overwhelmed him. I get what he means but he also dove into the deep end. I think doing the tutorial might have helped some of his concerns.

Still a fun stream. I hope he reconsiders and gives it another shot.

Yeah you gotta do the tutorial at least, come on man.

munchie64

Yay new EZAnime! Can't watch now but the format should be great for a shorter show.

(P.S. I voted for Konosuba, seems pretty neck and neck)

(P.P.S. Acording to the poll there'll be a Gintama episode? Fuck yeah, I gotta get back to that)

Mista Koo

I tried watching the Werwolves Within stream but the voice chat was too quiet for me.

Werewolf/Mafia(not the VR adaptation but just good old fashioned with people sitting in a circle) or whatever variation of it I think is a pretty neat thing to try for a weird EZA stream.
I'd say The Resistance/Avalon is that but with more game. So most likely an Easy Update episode.

Karu

So glad Battle mode tournament is winning right now for group stream, closer than I thought it would be, though.

New Zelda talk was kinda bizarre haha

Hasney

I just hope they do it where the loser of the battle each time drops out than a full tournament. They've got enough Switches for everyone to play for maximum salt.

Mista Koo

I just hope they do it where the loser of the battle each time drops out than a full tournament. They've got enough Switches for everyone to play for maximum salt.
That's a really cool idea. The only problem is that you'll only be able to watch 2 at a time since that's what local play allows for each switch.

I also want to see all battle modes. Maybe have a Bob-omb Blast tournament rather than a Balloon Battle one. Even though it's not as cool as in Double Dash:

JhIXVhO.jpg

Kneefoil

Nichijou and Cromartie are both in the poll? Damn, now I want episodes on both. Guess I'll give my vote to Nichijou since that seems to have a better chance at winning.

Philippo

Kyle VR stream was pure gold.

Shame he didn't like Werewolves Within, i had so much fun watching him play it. Especially because he's against swearings in his streams and rverybody else was dropping f-bombs every 2 seconds.
Felt like a sitcom episode.
I could watch him play this game every week.

PUT YOUR FUCKING HEAD DOWN.

Deimo5

Steins;Gate EZAnime, get hype. I wasn't really expecting it initially, kind of backed up by how they got into it only after receiving it as a gift.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't aware how popular Konosuba was. Not my cup of tea humor wise given that it lacks the surprise element for me given that from what I've seen it's very tropey based humor in a way, I always saw the punchline coming too easily. And even with that I felt like it wasn't done as well as a lot of the Tales games(which I think are overall pretty good at this type of humor that plays of character archetypes/gimmicks off each other)
Voted Daily lives of high school boys, although it's likely going to lose.
My experience with Chromartie was mainly the funniest clips some of them being really funny but when I tried watching it years back I remember there were a lot of bits that didn't hit with me. Maybe I'll have to try Nichijou again(a series that weirdly passed me by and I don't remember why I dropped it).
I have 0 idea what lucky star is at all.

On a side note I hope Ben/Brad begin experimenting even more with the voting format in the future(maybe only having 3 option for once) + is there a poll option that just hides the results until the end? I bring this up cause I've seen really interesting arguments within the dota community when it came to these type of voting contests(regarding arcana votes). Stuff how seeing results before hand often influences votes as a lot of times people will switch their votes to the 2 highest option, or psychologically the whole lost fallacy thing. I think having poll options be based on genre is a good change. Also I'm not for changing it every month but maybe every 2-3 based on if result patterns continue to be a certain way. Just throwing it out there. I know Ben said at the start that this whole thing where series popularity is the major factor is basically a problem that will solve itself over time but given the monthly format and the staggering amount of ever increasing anime I think it's maybe worth considering to not let time solve this problem by itself.

I also wouldn't mind if Brad and Ben ever felt the need to skip out on a community vote cause they wanted to cover something really badly and it would make too much sense timing wise. Like maybe a Attack on Titan episode once the season is over. Also just throwing that out there.

Edit: Oh also forgot. I didn't want to say anything with the recent Jojo episode cause it had a 4 person panel and thus it was hard to judge. But back to Brad and Ben doing an episode as a duo I have to say all the changes that improved the show are were very noticeable to me. It's great to see the show evolve so much in only 4(not counting the panel one) episodes.

Dude this Starblood Arena game looks awesome, I love the vibe and characters

The PSX trailer just showed the movement (which I think might make me nauseous) but I love everything else. The visuals with the music is straight off of the PS2 era (stylistically)

Hasney

Dude this Starblood Arena game looks awesome, I love the vibe and characters

The PSX trailer just showed the movement (which I think might make me nauseous) but I love everything else. The visuals with the music is straight off of the PS2 era (stylistically)

RIGS is probably best for that kinda feel of being in a big event. God I love that game, shame the studio got shut down after being thrown on all the niche Sony platforms.

Mista Koo

My experience with Cromartie was mainly the funniest clips some of them being really funny but when I tried watching it years back I remember there were a lot of bits that didn't hit with me. Maybe I'll have to try Nichijou again(a series that weirdly passed me by and I don't remember why I dropped it).
I have 0 idea what lucky star is at all.
Funnily enough that's how I feel about Nichijou. I like all the hammy moments but I really don't care for any scenes featuring the robot/professor/cat.
Lucky Star is similar to Nichijou and Azumanga Daioh, but very moe and stars an otaku.

As for the voting, I think it's a bit weird to have polls for a love letter kinda show.

mishakoz

Re: Zelda talk

Sure it's cool you got a Canon ending, but c'mon keep going for your audience! It's not like any of us have this book at home.

Zelda talk.

Very fun idea and I love how they RPed the voices. Very entertaining. But man that has to be the least "choice" in a choose your own adventure I've ever seen.

I grew up on the lonewolf book series and those were awesome. They were mini D&D with die rolls and everything. This Zelda book was far from that.

Great voice work crew. For people that don't even care about Zelda check it out. It's more a story time session than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom