• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista Koo

Ian: "These maps are too big." No they aren't, you're just playing with half the number of players ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (I appreciate that they addressed why they weren't doing that at the very least.)
Also complaining about iframes being fair? It's like they wanted them to keep 64's BS ones lol.

Good tournament. Didn't watch the 20 min sets though, only watched the final minute of each.

Auctopus

For a man who is enthusiastic about bets (and pretty much everything for that matter), Huber can't set a decent stake to save his life, haha.

Most of his initial stakes are like "Play this game that you like for ONE. HOUR." or something bizarre like "Complete Persona 5 in one week".

I'm surprised he didn't stake for Kyle to stream Outlast II in the dark as a callback to the Outlast 1 stream at GT.

Visceir

Such a good episode, TTE spoilers

I want fanart of ripped shirt young Yogalla with greatsword over his shoulder and giant arm Pomper in badass anime poses

sinxtanx

TTE 56 is incredible

INCREDIBLE

I demand fanart of Youngalla sliding into the Black Rose in a "Stardust the Super Wizard" art style

Fou-Lu

Possibly the single best episode of TTE.
I wonder if this will be the end of Nicator's story arc? It could be a nice place to end it, but it could also be a good place for him to find new resolve.

Tankard

Edit. Oh, so that's what's going on. Watched Frame Trap and i don't saw what Kyle said as a big deal, the nature of spoilers is fine, it's the "i will tell you, there's no spoilers" and then perople leaving the room even then it's what i don't like.

TTE

I got concerned we were headed too far into late game TTA territory but I think Ben started to ground it a bit at the end so that was reassuring. Fun stuff overall

Special Things outside the usual great content that I'm looking forward to!

- Huber doing a full story mode of Injustice 1 Sunday
- Huber doing an Outlast 2 full playthrough with Kyle next week
- The 2.5 hour Zelda talk/spoiler mode
- they're getting close to piecing together a Nier:A spoiler mode.

If I recall, it's actually quite an entertaining story. There's actually some very funny lines.

Ashtar

Just upped my pledge and listened to the podcast early for the first time but now I'm sad because I don't have the podcast to listen 2 on Friday :(

Excited for Hubers two play throughs and the Nier spoiler mode.

And 2.5 hour Zelda spoiler mode? Did the game even have that much story?

Ok, that's weird but I felt an enormous amount of relief on the date set for FanimeCon.

Not because I'll go (I'm not even in the same continent) but because my birthday is on that friday and I had other plans.... and I felt bad cause that would mean I'd lose a Bosman v Wozniak live episode. With FanimeCon happening there won't be a BvW for me to lose, yeah.

I got sad that Kyle decided to end it but it's good cause that addiction of mine has got to end lol, I need my fridays back.

Maybe I'm thinking about this too much but Kyle's attitude during the spoiler sensitivity question rubbed me wrong the way.

That scientific test that's always brought up is pure bullshit though and I can understand Kyle being frustrated that someone says there's proof that his aversion to "spoilers" is nonsense because science! had debunked it.
That test was about giving random people a random novel and spoiling it sections to see how it affected their enjoyment and how they consume the work afterwards. It wasn't a novel they'd been waiting a decade for or the last part of a series they've been invested in for years. It cannot be compared to waiting to play Last Guardian or FFXV, the final season of GOT. It's not even about "media blackout", but just being polite and respectful with that type of "spoiler"....As much as I didn't like the walking out in the last Frame Trap, i can understand ( to a point) Huber and Persona 5....but Brad walking out because Ian and Ben were talking about the mechanics and tone of Nier Automata was beyond silly.

Best part of that discussion was Mr Media Blackout Huber spoiling the end of GOT Season 1 after Damiani just said it's a big deal that shouldn't be spoiled. One rule for him I guess...

Excited for Hubers two play throughs and the Nier spoiler mode.

And 2.5 hour Zelda spoiler mode? Did the game even have that much story?
I'd argue that a lot of the places you stumble upon in the world of BOTW are just as compelling as any video game story has managed to be.

(but to be fair, I don't hold video game storytelling in high regard generally)

ShadyK54

Best part of that discussion was Mr Media Blackout Huber spoiling the end of GOT Season 1 after Damiani just said it's a big deal that shouldn't be spoiled. One rule for him I guess...

I'll give Huber that one. It's a spoiler from over 5 years ago for arguably the most popular TV show in the world. I personally think enough time has passed for that to be considered such a big spoiler.

Yeah. And it's all given to you in the first 30 minutes.

The spoilers are all the massive amount of (hidden?) shit in the giant world.

I'd argue that a lot of the places you stumble upon in the world of BOTW are just as compelling as any video game story has managed to be.

(but to be fair, I don't hold video game storytelling in high regard generally)

I guess location wise yea, that makes sense.

Will be a skip for me but I'm really, really looking forward to the Nier one.

abrack08

Ian/Huber commentary is up for Brazil and Mad Max Fury Road... I just bought the Mad Max Blu Ray for my dad for his birthday, I wonder if he'd mind if I opened it and watched it before giving it to him?

Karu

Brazil is up on Netflix, might as well see it soon for the first time before delving into another movie cast episode. Hope the commentary track turned out great love the idea!

Frame Trap this week was one of my fav episodes ever. Great topics, great flow - coolcoolcool all around.

Got sick yesterday so out of spite I bought Nier: Automata, so that's cool. With all the talk and me loving the demo, I have rather high hopes.

I basically quit Persona 5 after 50 hours. Did a break for a week or so, went back to it and when I saw my character chilling in a save room in palace five my first and only thought was "I really don't care anymore". Bums me out.

Finished Andromeda - really liked it in the end. Main story is blabla and disappointing, but treating the game as a linear experience with focusing only on the cinematic and proper side content, made it a worthwhile experience. Hope Bioware will continue down this path regardless of critical reception. But we will see...

Philippo

They are? Who's gonna participate?

Philippo

They said on Frame Trap that they're saving their thoughts for a Spoiler Mode. They didn't say who or if they were actually close or not though.

That has me hyped.
I hope they do some homework before it though, there's a lot of dots that need to be connected for the plot, themes, characters and motivations, as well as many little details that mostly go unnoticed.
I feel like a spoilercast without that knowledge would be only half of its potential.

Mario007

That has me hyped.
I hope they do some homework before it though, there's a lot of dots that need to be connected for the plot, themes, characters and motivations, as well as many little details that mostly go unnoticed.
I feel like a spoilercast without that knowledge would be only half of its potential.

Going by their previous spoiler mode, I wouldn't hold my hopes up.

Spinx

Huber being genuinely offended that Kyle doesn't like orange juice is making me smile

tumblr_o0e4heE8KA1ttma2yo1_400.gif

Karu

The moment I learn people in my circles drink orange juice.. or really any juice at all, with pulp in it, they are basically dead to me and I cut all ties.

Edit:
Quick question...
NieR with Japanese audio and subs?

The moment I learn people in my circles drink orange juice.. or really any juice at all, with pulp in it, they are basically dead to me and I cut all ties.

Edit:
Quick question...
NieR with Japanese audio and subs?
As much as I like going original VO for games for a Nier:A I recommend English. The VO is good and there's a ton of dialogue happening while you are doing stylized action/shooting. You won't be able to read subtitles with everything going on

I also like orange juice with "some pulp". As a kid I didn't like it but now I do.

LiK

Catching up on Frame Trap and the Persona 5 discussions were SO GOOD. I want a Spoiler Mode for this game asap.

Also, the Hot Take about Japanese games's new golden age was spot on.

Bahorel

I live an hour away from Fanime and I really want to go to see the allies but Damiani's warnings about not being able to park or get a badge are scaring me. I have such high anxiety and the idea of driving there and paying for the con only to miss them sounds dreadful.

I live an hour away from Fanime and I really want to go to see the allies but Damiani's warnings about not being able to park or get a badge are scaring me. I have such high anxiety and the idea of driving there and paying for the con only to miss them sounds dreadful.
Have you thought about commuting through public transportation? If you live near the San Francisco area, you could always take Cal Train.

Bahorel

Have you thought about commuting through public transportation? If you live near the San Francisco area, you could always take Cal Train.

Ah unfortunately I'm in East Bay suburbia. Which I mean I could ride to the city and then down but that would probably add an hour to the trip.

Also since it sounds like you're going do you have to reserve a spot for the panel or is it just gonna be open to anyone with a badge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom