• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philippo

Had to go through 2 exams on the same day today, completely exhausted, E3 is going to be my finish line, wether as a reward or a celebration.

Budi

4 or 4 1/2 stars guaranteed for Arms then.

Yup there's no basis for that, really stupid thing to say. 2.5 stars to Mafia 3, series Huber adores. And it even has great shotgun! So try again Anticol, this time with some logic. Just after I mention people pushing false narrative, intentionally or because of misinformation.

Edit: Seems like you edited that in too.

ShadyK54

4 or 4 1/2 stars guaranteed for Arms then.

200.gif

abrack08

https://youtu.be/DgWDZWyFfpc

One more for good measure. I wouldn't be surprised if Huber actually has the most sub-4-star reviews

Yup there's no basis for that, really stupid thing to say. 2.5 stars to Mafia 3, series Huber adores. And it even has great shotgun!

Edit: Seems like you edited that in too.

Yep, same with Ratchet, he's one of the lower scores on that game and he loves that series. And I think he's crazy, Ratchet PS4 was fantastic! Though I agree with his main complaint about not enough new weapons. The pixelizer was great, need more of that in the follow up (which has the be happening, right?)

Ultimadrago

In the closing minutes: This Frame Trap was so good! I know the 3-person panel wouldn't be for every time (and that's fine), but I found it tight and ever-flowing in a way where I got plenty from everyone. I would love it to be revisited with two different Allies.

I enjoyed the direction the Hottake was going, it's a subject that I'm sure they could discuss for a whole Frame Trap worth of time and it was a nice change from the norm (that Kyle pointed out). Ben also made it a mission to challenge and inquire about almost every statement said, which helped with the fleshing of the conversations and flow that I complimented earlier.

Also shoutouts to Tiny Wings. I had completely forgotten about it until that email, very aptly describes how your loss of momentum in it feels properly punishing/heart-sinking in a way that isn't a character death.

Budi

https://youtu.be/DgWDZWyFfpc

One more for good measure. I wouldn't be surprised if Huber actually has the most sub-4-star reviews

Yep, same with Ratchet, he's one of the lower scores on that game and he loves that series. And I think he's crazy, Ratchet PS4 was fantastic! Though I agree with his main complaint about not enough new weapons. The pixelizer was great, need more of that in the follow up (which has the be happening, right?)

I was bummed too that Huber didn't like Mafia 3 that much. I think he was harsh but fair. I couldn't go under 3 stars with it myself, the narrative was so good. Cars were fun to drive and combat had a good punch to it. And let's not forget the music! But yeah, there's still so many problems that I don't need to go into details here.

ShadyK54

Probably not for awhile though, given that Spider-Man is coming.

Ultimadrago

And of course in the closing couple of minutes, Kyle drops a Kyle Bomb on the panel.

Oh Kyle! *Hands on hips*.

That said, Toy Story 3's Toy Box Mode was actually surprisingly amusing!

When during season 2 does it drop off though?

I know they "solve" it but does it drop off right after. Season 2 already introduce weird elements like the magic kid, the amnesia and aliens.

I remember watching up to that point in one binge viewing and then it taking me over a year to get through the rest of the remaining episodes. It literally falls right off a cliff.

Kneefoil

And of course in the closing couple of minutes, Kyle drops a Kyle Bomb on the panel.

Oh Kyle! *Hands on hips*.

That said, Toy Story 3's Toy Box Mode was actually surprisingly amusing!

As often as I have an itch to play more of that game, I can't really fault Bosman for dropping it. It's a great game, but it goes on for way too long, just like almost any other R* game.

Ultimadrago

As often as I have an itch to play more of that game, I can't really fault Bosman for dropping it. It's a great game, but it goes on for way too long, just like almost any other R* game.

Indeed, while I love the game (and most of Rockstar's modern output between GTA/RDR), I see where he's coming from more on this one than usual. Personally, I found the narrative payoff very much worth the journey and enjoyed being in the new region.

I could see it getting drawn out in the tooth for some though, understandable even. I'm moreso teasing in this case.

I really liked the three person panel for Frametrap. Maybe it was a mixture of factors (topics, panelists etc) but the discussion felt less segmented and more cohesive and involved overall.

As for the hottake, this was probably one of my favorites. It's a broad topic but it did briefly hit on something that I think a lot of people don't really think about: how much a limited selection of games in a particular region can shape the gaming tastes of that country & region as a whole. Kyle touched on this with the bit about piracy being the only avenue to play some of the games but, at least with my experience growing up, entire platforms were missing for me. Meaning no grey market for Sega games for example because the platform and consoles themselves were non-existent in the region, completely removing that entire aspect of gaming from being a contributory factor in defining the tastes of all those gamers, including myself. And I think, more so than the lack of games in a lot of regions, the lack of platforms really changes the gaming landscape in any given country vs. something like the U.S. which has had platforms be more readily available overall.

Anyways, that was a really enjoyable FT. I'm looking forward to seeing how three person panels play out with other topics and different panelists.

Hasney

Brad: Jones, can you move or something?
Jones: Brad, I will punch you in the face

Tech support bosman is awesome. Damiani is definitely missed

Damiani screws it up as well now and again and even excepting streams, the panel recently or missing the editing on friend code, because he's running the stream, running social media and on camera. that's why they need someone dedicated to this stuff.

I don't mean that as a dig at him, he just clearly has a shitton on his plate that things slip like what happens in all lines of work.

I really liked the three person panel for Frametrap. Maybe it was a mixture of factors (topics, panelists etc) but the discussion felt less segmented and more cohesive and involved overall.

I can se why people prefer the 3, but I prefer the 4. Just because I want more Allies rotated in and I love Huber as a co-host. Realistically, they'll have to cycle Huber out too as otherwise, it would be months before Kyle gets back on to go through everyone else.

A judgement call per episode could be good though. In the holiday crunch, move back up to 5 as there's more recent games to talk about.

I can se why people prefer the 3, but I prefer the 4. Just because I want more Allies rotated in and I love Huber as a co-host. Realistically, they'll have to cycle Huber out too as otherwise, it would be months before Kyle gets back on to go through everyone else.

A judgement call per episode could be good though. In the holiday crunch, move back up to 5 as there's more recent games to talk about.

Yea, I think it depends largely on the games discussed in a particular FT. I found it worked well here because each ally felt like they had something to contribute to all of the discussions for the various games making it feel like more of an intimate discussion. And that's obviously not feasible nor expected given the variety of games any ally can bring up or talk about.

I do think hottakes naturally are a better fit for more panelists rather than less because you do want more perspectives on any given discussion.

Visceir

Hope someone saves the 8 min VOD of the beginning as that will most definitely not make it on their official youtube channel, lol.

I am beginning to think they need a dedicated producer before the studio at this point.

Before that they'd prob need some proper equipment. Patreon keeps going up and tech difficulties keep getting worse, It's weird how seemingly little attention and investment they put into their main tools they work with on a daily basis.

Surely they must know some video production people via Keighley or their other colleagues who they could just outsource it all to.

Dreading all the tech difficulties their E3 coverage is going to have.

ShadyK54

I'm fully expecting the E3 coverage streams to run the best that they ever have with no issues, and then for it to all buckle as soon as it's over lol.

Star Trek was a fun stream! They were able to salvage it, & the Huber and Brad banter was on point tonight.

Seriously cheers to the Allies for all of their hard work, I don't have enough time to keep up with all of the content they're putting out right now (even leading up into E3)

luchadork

Even with the tech difficulties they managed to make a great stream. So good. So much content right now. Definitely getting my moneys worth right now. Feels good man.

Mikey Jr.

I'm fully expecting the E3 coverage streams to run the best that they ever have with no issues, and then for it to all buckle as soon as it's over lol.

Star Trek was a fun stream! They were able to salvage it, & the Huber and Brad banter was on point tonight.

The more tech issues they get before E3, the better.

But they REALLY have to fix that sync issue. It seems like its always a problem on the group stream.

The more tech issues they get before E3, the better.

But they REALLY have to fix that sync issue. It seems like its always a problem on the group stream.

It's because of the camera. The old (and blurry) webcam didn't get this. Something about using this camera triggers the video to drift.

It's doable when we're concentrating on the game screen, but on E3 where their reactions are their focus... I hope they can nail down the sync. Not only the video and audio, but the sync in relation to the stream. (so their reactions can be sync'd to what's being shown)

Mikey Jr.

It's because of the camera. The old (and blurry) webcam didn't get this. Something about using this camera triggers the video to drift.

It's doable when we're concentrating on the game screen, but on E3 where their reactions are their focus... I hope they can nail down the sync. Not only the video and audio, but the sync in relation to the stream. (so their reactions can be sync'd to what's being shown)

I really hope they fix it because the new camera quality is beautiful.

But the sync is terrible.

So much so that I would say if they can't fix it, go back to the blurry one.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I really hope they fix it because the new camera quality is beautiful.

But the sync is terrible.

So much so that I would say if they can't fix it, go back to the blurry one.

Yeah, i'd say go back to the old webcam for E3 streams if the sync issue isnt fixed by then.

There are many variables as to why its losing sync, from the capture card they're using, settings of the camera and broadcast software, the cpu of the pc they're using, etc.

My guess is that if they are using an internal capture card and are playing off the same PC, they are starving for processing power and the capture card might be running hot as well. I dont know what settings they stream at, if its 1080/60 as the source, but they should try a test at 720/30 and see if they can maintain sync after letting it run for a while. I'd start there, but all this is conjecture since i have no idea what equipment they are using.

Deimo5

I hope Ben's Dojo becomes a thing. Seems like Tekken 7 embargo is up so I was wondering how he was doing on the review progress as well.

Tsosie

I am not a technical producer but if the do not get the sync cleaned up by E3 could the twitch stream with the old web cam and have the good camera running to record the same content then put that video up on Youtube?

Hasney

I am not a technical producer but if the do not get the sync cleaned up by E3 could the twitch stream with the old web cam and have the good camera running to record the same content then put that video up on Youtube?

They could, they probably won't though. They said they were waiting on some gear that would make the streaming cam focus better, but it's been out of stock.

Tsosie

They could, they probably won't though. They said they were waiting on some gear that would make the streaming cam focus better, but it's been out of stock.

I remember that being said now that you mention it. I personally do not mind the sync issues that much. I mean it hasn't made me watch less content or pledge less on Patreon. I just know that they will probably be live streaming most of their podcast (I know Brand Manager mentioned Frametrap by name). I just hope those are synced when they go up to youtube.

farisr

Oh man, hadn't even thought about the reactions. A bad sync for that would be really annoying. Hope they thoroughly try to fix this by that time, or switch back to the old camera if they aren't able to figure it out by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom