• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philippo

Do we know what are they going to discuss though?
Only season 1? All 3 seasons and OVAs? The manga too (impossible, that would require a 6 months delay lol)?

Budi

For the people who are interested in stuff like this, it looks like Ian released a kickstarter for the cardgame he is working on:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1673933275/swords/description

Sweet, he mentioned this in a Q&A earlier but it wasn't in Kickstarter yet. Thanks for sharing the link.

Edit: Really fun pitch video and that art looks really promising. Can't wait to see more of those cards.
I might even participate in the funding a bit, unfortunately I'd have a hard time to gather enough friends to play it though. I don't feel it's best with just 2 players. Not sure if there's enough depth for that. But I'll give something. It seems quite fun.

Also cool to see so many familiar faces in the video, has A.J ever been a guest at Fiasconauts? He should.

MrMette

Sweet, he mentioned this in a Q&A earlier but it wasn't in Kickstarter yet. Thanks for sharing the link.

Edit: Really fun pitch video and that art looks really promising. Can't wait to see more of those cards.
I might even participate in the funding a bit, unfortunately I'd have a hard time to gather enough friends to play it though. I don't feel it's best with just 2 players. Not sure if there's enough depth for that. But I'll give something. It seems quite fun.

Also cool to see so many familiar faces in the video, has A.J ever been a guest at Fiasconauts? He should.

He also has a longer how-to-play video on his youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8ARAnPY27Y

I really hope it gets funded, it looks really good.

edit:
Whoops, it's also on the kickstarter page.
I didn't really read that far on the page and just pledged for it (and saw the other video in my youtube subscription box).

2SeeKU

Just watched the latest FrameTrap and feel like they should have had that Sony tablecloth on.

I love EZA, but does anyone else feel like they might focus on PS4/Nintendo too much?

Where do you start with Hajime on Ippo? Is there a single anime?
No. It's a mix of 3seasons of anime with a movie and an ova in the middle. Crunchy roll only has season 3

Here's the order

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hajime_no_Ippo_episodes#Hajime_no_Ippo:_Rising

Just watched the latest FrameTrap and feel like they should have had that Sony tablecloth on.

I love EZA, but does anyone else feel like they might focus on PS4/Nintendo too much?
I haven't heard the Ep yet but No. I don't.

1) Sony and Nintendo have had for most of the year all the notable game to discuss this year.
2) I looked at the frame trap episode time stamps and outside of Arms, Injusice 2 and Ever Oasis all other games are on PC. And injustice 2 is on Xbox one. So you're hearing what you want to hear with this episode. So that's 2 games in the whole list.
3) I think They should cover the games they want to

Budi

Well now that you ask, I don't think they focus on PS4/Nintendo too much. But they focus on Xbox/PC too little =P Still bit salty that some of those PC gaming staples this year got ignored, let it be new games from legendary creators or remasters of PC classics. Some of them also available on consoles now. In case if someone is wondering what games I'm referring to, Planescape Torment Enhanced, Torment: Tides of Numenera that is spiritual successor to the former. Full Throttle remastered and Thimbleweed Park as an example. I don't expect them to cover all of those ofcourse, there's so many great games to play nowadays. But I'm surprised and disappointed that none of those got any attention and coverage, atleast yet.

Jones brings up and streams some mobile stuff too occasionally which is nice. And to be fair, they have been hyping up Sea of Thieves quite a lot too.

2SeeKU

Well now that you ask, I don't think they focus on PS4/Nintendo too much. But they focus on Xbox/PC too little =P

Jones brings up and streams some mobile stuff too occasionally which is nice.

Well put.

Yeah, l especially love those little tidbits. I rarely play mobile games so it's good to hear something alittle different.

Visceir

Where do you start with Hajime on Ippo? Is there a single anime?

I think all the movies are just stuff that follow events after the anime series. It has been one of the few shows that I just couldn't stop watching once I had started, that was quite a few years ago though. Kinda interested in watching it again now.

Well now that you ask, I don't think they focus on PS4/Nintendo too much. But they focus on Xbox/PC too little =P Still bit salty that some of those PC gaming staples this year got ignored, let it be new games from legendary creators or remasters of PC classics. Some of them also available on consoles now.

Jones brings up and streams some mobile stuff too occasionally which is nice. And to be fair, they have been hyping up Sea of Thieves quite a lot too.
So what in the world should they be talking about Xbox? Ben covered Halo wars 2. What else is there? Everything that I can think of is stuff they cover with games that come out on PS4/PC/Xbox

Oh yea and Blood covered the Hot wheels expansion to Forza Horizon with a stream and Frame trap discussion

I guess the phantom dust port?

Swords looks pretty cool. It is a wordy game to explain, but one that after a few turns you get it. A lot of quick play games, Resistance comes to mind, are like that though.

Servbot24

Banned

I can't even think of any XBox games that came out this year except for Halo Wars 2 which was covered. Just not much to talk about on that front.

Bahorel

I mean I think the main issue is that xbox hasn't really come up to bat this generation so far, and cancelled several of their exclusives that may have come out by now if they hadn't been

Budi

So what in the world should they be talking about Xbox? Ben covered Halo wars 2. What else is there? Everything that I can think of is stuff they cover with games that come out on PS4/PC/Xbox

I guess the phantom dust port?

I'm not really the best person to talk about Xbox either, what I know about it I get from EZA and ofcourse GAF. I mentioned that they seem excited about Sea of Thieves. Also Blood always covers Forza, even that Hot Wheels DLC that looks super fun. I was more commenting from the PC perspective, but didn't want to exclude Xbox either just because I don't have the platform and I'm not super familiar with it. It's possible that there's not much to discuss about Xbox at this point. But it's always busy time for PC atleast. Have they talked about Killer Instinct coming to Steam? Path of Exile coming to Xbox? I suppose these would be in the mainpodcast, those are news. Thimbleweed Park I mentioned earlier from Gilbert and Winnick is Xbox "console exclusive" or how they say it. Also on mobile platforms.

But let's not hang on the Xbox part. PC also seems greatly overshadowed.

Edit: For those who might not be familiar with them, Gilbert and Winnick come from the Lucas Arts glory days. They are devs with a prestige. Especially Gilbert who is the main guy behind Monkey Island series. And Thimbleweed Park was kinda his return to his roots (Disney is holding the Monkey Island IP in their vault). It's bit like Sakurai would be getting back at Kirby. But they both have worked on the top games of their genre.

I'm not really the best person to talk about Xbox either, what I know about it I get from EZA and ofcourse GAF. I mentioned that they seem excited about Sea of Thieves. Also Blood always covers Forza, even that Hot Wheels DLC that looks super fun. I was more commenting from the PC perspective, but didn't want to exclude Xbox either just because I don't have the platform. It's possible that there's not much to discuss about Xbox at this point. But it's always busy time for PC atleast. Have they talked about Killer Instinct coming to Steam? Path of Exile coming to Xbox? I suppose these would be in the mainpodcast, those are news. Thimbleweed Park I mentioned earlier from Gilbert and Winnick is Xbox "console exclusive" or how they say it. Also on mobile platforms.
My counter to that is all the stuff Ian covers that is way off the map and most is only on PC and gets videos in Easy updates. Things like Torment could get covered but it's timing was quite terrible when it launched compared to all the big games out that they were all cranking out reviews and torment is not a trivial endeavor. But Ben covered Tyrant when it came out. It's not that here not interested but they're also not going to get everything. They're still going to get to Battlegrounds again once the recovery of E3 and trips are complete.

Budi

My counter to that is all the stuff Ian covers that is way off the map and most is only on PC and gets videos in Easy updates. Things like Torment could get covered but it's timing was quite terrible when it launched compared to all the big games out that they were all cranking out reviews and torment is not a trivial endeavor. But Ben covered Tyrant when it came out. It's not that here not interested but they're also not going to get everything.

Sure, I don't mean to sound whiny or anything. I'm not canceling my Patreon pledge. Merely expressing what I'd like to see more of and what I feel they've missed. I remember Ben mentioning sometime that keep asking and talking about things you'd want to see =P Making no demands. And yeah Ben is the one I would assume to cover crpgs, he is clearly into them. Also reviewed Pillars and Wasteland 2 while at GT.

Sure, I don't mean to sound whiny or anything. I'm not canceling my Patreon pledge. Merely expressing what I'd like to see more of and what I feel they've missed. I remember Ben mentioning sometime that keep asking and talking about things you'd want to see =P Making no demands. And yeah Ben is the one I would assume to cover crpgs, he is clearly into them. Also reviewed Pillars and Wasteland 2 while at GT.
Yup yup. I hear ya.

Edit: omg Huber's singing. Hahaha

Feep

Banned

Swords is fun and everyone should back it wooooooooo!

jett

D-Member
This game is a spectating mess. Can't follow the action.

No. It's a mix of 3seasons of anime with a movie and an ova in the middle. Crunchy roll only has season 3

Here's the order

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hajime_no_Ippo_episodes#Hajime_no_Ippo:_Rising

I think all the movies are just stuff that follow events after the anime series. It has been one of the few shows that I just couldn't stop watching once I had started, that was quite a few years ago though. Kinda interested in watching it again now.

Thanks I'l look into it.

As far EZAnime goes I suggest watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I wonder how would they feel about it. 100 episodes of true blue space opera goodness.

This game is a spectating mess. Can't follow the action.

Thanks I'l look into it.

As far EZAnime goes I suggest watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I wonder how would they feel about it. 100 episodes of true blue space opera goodness.
That's one I've always wanted to get to. Heard great things

And so far, I stand by my Tekken 7 vote. And just by mashing it'd create much more hype matches

But Tekken won't ever show up again. It's gone. Just like we lost a Scott pilgrim stream to that bad horse derby game
To be fair that Scott Pilgrim game is not good

I love Scott Pilgrim, the game is delightfully charming but it'd be bad combat and rage: the stream
better than Arms, of course

ShadyK54

But Tekken won't ever show up again. It's gone. Just like we lost a Scott pilgrim stream to that bad horse derby game

With Tekken specifically, I can't help but shake the feeling they'll return to it in a few months in regular group stream form. Maybe due to how much people really wanted to see it happen.

RIP to Scott Pilgrim. Boy, that stream was a misfire.

Have they ever done that? Don't remember if they have, or they've only gone as far as doing a poll for stipulations.

I don't remember. I do remember when the community made em play that shitty power rangers game,Ghostbusters and Homefront and with Homefront Huber got fed up and switched to U4 MP.

ShadyK54

I don't remember. I do remember when the community made em play that shitty power rangers game,Ghostbusters and Homefront and with Homefront Huber got fed up and switched to U4 MP.

Man, you must really hate the community vote lmao.

Edit: said in jest, of course, but yeah those games are some good examples of bad picks.

Yea. They did it with Mario Kart 8 DX. They voted on some of the rules. Same with the fan made EZA game. Did they do it for the pokemon TCG? I forget

Yeah, I remember those. I wonder what would be their first choice if they didn't do a poll for the week lol.

Ye and now its probably gonna be Huber cause he reviewed the game. Should just go back to picking games none of them have played.

tumblr_nmsf43ikYV1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Philippo

Thanks I'l look into it.

The order is:
The Fighting! (Season 1, 70+ episodes circa)
Champion Road (OVA)
Mashiba
vs
Kimura
(OVA)
New Challenger (Season 2, 26 episodes)
Rising (Season 3, 26 episodes)

And with that you reach around Chapter 500 out of 1100+ chapters of the manga, and what comes later is many many more good arc, but i reckon it's a long read.

Yes, LOTGH is seriously One of the Greats (with pretty much universal approval on this), but those 100+ episodes are really energy consuming, a single episode drains me like a full season of a shonen.
That said, i'd love to see them cover it too, i think Ben would love it.

Hasney

Tekken 7 is boring as shit unless someone's being thrown in a volcano. ARMS is somewhat interesting to watch at least.

Guilty Gear might have been fun, but thank fuck Tekken didn't win and we didn't have a total snoozefest.

And fortunately wasn't any less fun for it. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom