• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
My bets

Simple Bets:

- Will the word "Metroid" be spoken? - No
- Will Wario reveal himself? - No
- Will the phrase "You're a kid now, you're a squid now" reveal itself? - No
- Will Wave Race be shown in any form? - No
- Will Waluigi speak? (This includes grunts, laughs, etc.) - No
- Will Link reveal HERSELF? - No

Dirty Bets:

- How many Rupees will we see? - 5
- How many Fire Flowers will appear? - 2
- How many Switch games shown will star Mario? - 3
- (The Elyse Special) How many Double Jumps? - 7
- How many Switch clicks will we hear during the presentation? - 14
- How many times will the phrase "Make the Switch" be said? - 0

Double. Down. on. Don.:

- How many times will a word be spoken out loud that rhymes with the word "Switch"? - 7

FINAL BETS:
- What will be the US retail price of the Switch (Price of lowest SKU) - $299.99

Paches

After the intros I had to pause it and stop myself from screaming out with laughter because I am at work. Holy crap I don't know if I can make it through the entire thing without causing a scene here, this is great.

ShadyK54

Rewatched the last bit of the video and I appreciate Ultima Brad's Razor Ramon-esque toothpick flick. He truly is the best heel. #NewEra

wiibomb

I'm so satisfied about this latest frametrap... 3 and a half hours of such a good discussion.

love how Bradon embraces all the allies activities almost like sons.

Easy Allies 2017 Nintendo Switch Presentation Betting Special

Simple Bets
Will the word Metroid be spoken? No
Will Wario reveal himself? Yes
Will the phrase “You’re a kid now, you’re a squid now” reveal itself? Yes
Will Wave Race be shown in any form? No
Will Waluigi speak? (This includes grunts, laughs, etc.) No
Will Link reveal HERSELF? No

Dirty Bets
How many Rupees will we see? (Tangible in-game, not in the HUD) 0
How many Fire Flowers will appear? 0
How many Switch games shown will star Mario? 2
How many Double Jumps? 3
How many Switch clicks will we hear during the presentation? (logo animation, not “real-life” ones) 7
How many times will the phrase “Make the Switch” be said? 1

Double Down on Don
How many times will a word be spoken out loud that rhymes with the word “Switch”? 14

US Price Bet
Lowest confirmed price of the Nintendo Switch: $279.99

Mista Koo

On a more serious note - after the initial reveal live reaction stream when the archive couldn't have audio due to copyright reasons, are we sure this archive will be intact and safe? This thing airs at 5am over here so I probably won't be able to watch it live. It would be such a bummer if copyright law and/or Twitch struck again and we couldn't watch it after it originally aired.
Tweeted at Ian to maybe record the mic audio separately. He liked my tweet.

jonno394

Bosmans reaction to Brads comment about Ben at the end of the betting special was brilliant!

edit - what was the name of the music at the beginning sequence btw, recognise it but can't remember :?

MrPanic

Just saw the betting special. I haven't laughed so much in a long time, my face is actually hurting a bit right now. Absolutely amazing performance by everyone.

Nice Betting Special!

Although I do miss the simpler betting specials / final bets between Huber & Kyle. Also hoping that the frequency of the betting specials is only due to the amount of big events in the past couple months, as I kind of fear for their "being special" if they keep up with this pace tbh... :/

that's Ian of course
Thanks for the quick response Bloodworth :D

Par Score

Ben Kun... ahem, Benzilla was absolutely amazing <3 <3 <3

acFWmdI.gif

Mista Koo

Regarding previews and pre-release impressions. I often have this irrational urge to decide how I am going to feel about a game (or any media) before experiencing it, and then I get angry when I like a game I wanted to hate *facepalm*
It's not even based on impressions or anything, just gut feelings!

As for missing out on games and backlogs, I've recently come to terms to the fact that I'll never be able to finish my games library and that I take pleasure in the act of purchasing a game. This alleviates the guilt and allows me to feel free to play as little of the game as I like without feeling like I have to finish it or play more of it (it helps that most of these games were Steam sales games).
What hurts more is that, due to being me, I've missed out on way too many beloved games and franchises that it's quite impossible to catch up. Nowadays I'm at least trying to play different genres to better differentiate between stuff that I don't like and stuff that I never tried or gave a good chance. So even if I didn't play that game at least I know that I would like the next one of those that comes along.

Side note: I like the idea of the Frame Trap keyword thing, but the game was too cringy for my taste last time (I don't remember the one(s) before that).

lol just noticed Ian waving hello in the reflection of Ultima Brad's glasses during his introduction.
I think Brad Ultima Brad responded to that with his face lol.
Also Ian was killing it with the thumbs up the entire special.

jonno394

Decided to jump in to TTE for the first time with the story recap and the episode 36. Never played or witnessed D&D before so no idea how Ben's rolls work but really enjoyed it. That cliffhanger ending though!!

Will try to catch up and get up to date asap. Great stuff guys.

Slevin

Oh my God! They used the same music in the Huber cold open as used in one of my favorite episodes of my favorite show Community. Blood, Ben, Damiani, please thank Ian or Don or whoever edited this Betting Special for me!

Edit: Just saw above that Blood already answered that. Ian is the best! Also I like the clean shaven look there Blood.

Oh my God! They used the same music in the Huber cold open as used in one of my favorite episodes of my favorite show Community. Blood, Ben, Damiani, please thank Ian or Don or whoever edited this Betting Special for me!

Edit: Just saw above that Blood already answered that. Ian is the best! Also I like the clean shaven look there Blood.

they use the track in community because they are parodying my My Dinner w Andre, a movie that also features the song. It's been used in lots of things and was fitting for this betting special!

Gigarator

I'm not one to laugh out loud very often, but hot damn that betting special had me in fits of laughter 10 times or more. Brilliantly done, loved it.

Slevin

they use the track in community because they are parodying my My Dinner w Andre, a movie that also features the song. It's been used in lots of things and was fitting for this betting special!

Yea I've seen the movie and that's why My Dinner With Abed is one of my favorite episodes. I just associate that song in my head very strongly with Community first and foremost.

slash3584

Contestants (click for gifs)

Cold Blooded
S2w5BGu.gif

Unrepentant Bosman
8RwaUap.gif

Rainy Day Ian
NxyE7zZ.gif

Punished Huber
wFNLPWU.gif

Benzilla
p60sD7d.gif

Brand Manager
x5X14GJ.gif

Jonnax

acFWmdI.gif

Should have been &#12505;&#12531;&#12472;&#12521; (benjira) instead of &#12505;&#12531;&#12472;&#12523;&#12288;(benjiru).
Especially since Godzilla is &#12468;&#12472;&#12521; (gojira).

=P

Budi

Side note: I like the idea of the Frame Trap keyword thing, but the game was too cringy for my taste last time (I don't remember the one(s) before that).

That's the thing though, EZA doesn't care if someone finds what they do cringy. If they did, we wouldn't even have this betting special. And Kyle actually even mocked people in a podcast who called something they did cringy. I think it was about the Beastie Boys rap =D I love them for it, they do what's fun(ny) to them and don't care if someone thinks it's dumb, cringy or awkward.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Never cringe fellow allies, never cringe. Advice from a bos man.

Edit: Just saw Ben tweeting about the Berseria demo.
Wondering if EZA is doing something with it after all?

For what it's worth my hardcore Tales guy has vetted Berseria as the first one he would recommend after Graces(which he hardcore loved for its gameplay), he said the combat and systems are not quite as refined but it seems to be story wise a step up after the string of Xillia 1/2 and Zestiria.

Am looking forward to the day I can get to it but not quite a priority for me.
As for the characters I always found the reason Tales characters work mostly(well if they do) is because if the Tales writing team understands one thing then it's comedy. I feel like they're really good at establishing and twisting archetypes(they have used a lot of rather interesting ones as well, Jade being my favorite of them as the sociopathic academic/scientist) and let them clash for comedic purposes. Also anecdotally this kind of links a lot of times to when people absolutely hate a character with the jokes not landing with them at all.

In all the tales games I played even if I found certain characters boring or annoying, I could always have a laugh with/about them during a good amount of the many skits. But then I haven't played all of them only Abyss, Vesperia, Graces, I recently tried Symphonia charming game but hard to get into cause it's rather clunky.

I might be a crazy person, but I'm actually trying to follow that line for my life as a whole...

Not crazy at all just a lone fighter fighting the good fight in an ever cringing world.

I would love to see someone go through all the TTE episodes and write a cohesive movie script containing everything that's happened.

I could see studio execs stating they like it "but this Law and Pomper fellows are just not believable. Like, who would do those things?"

Edit: I love you Huber. TTE would DEFINITELY not be the same without you.

Karu

I actually miss when they used to do improvisation games at the beginning of podcasts.
Preach the truth! The more EZA cringe and goofiness the better... (well to an extent :D) Even that aside, Kyle is just so competent and more importantly confident in such shenanigans that he can make it all work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom