• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ed officially revealed for Street Fighter V

Ryce

30BOb1x.png

What makes Ed especially unique is how players perform his special moves. His special moves have simple inputs; they only require simultaneous button presses, repeatedly pressing a button, or holding down a button. Only Ed's Critical Art is done by inputting a traditional motion.

Blog | Move List | Trailer | Character Introduction

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Dude looks freaking awesome. I love the concept behind the character.

Cue people complaining he's not Sagat or whatever.

wamberz1

MYYYY BOYYYYYYYY

Dat super

Dat physco grapple

Dat projectile

Dat
lip syncing

Main confirmed, I'm back in

pleasedon'tbeachargecharacterplsdon'tbeacharagecharacterpleasedon't
beachargecharacterplsdon'tbeacharagecharacterpleasedon'tbeachargecharacter
plsdon'tbeacharagecharacterpleasedon'tbeachargecharacterplsdon'tbeacharagecharacter

jett

D-Member
I see what you're doing Capcom.
garou20vluz8.gif

athena-psycho-ball88udt.gif

He has an interesting moveset. Will def give him a try during the beta.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
From the capcom blog:

What makes Ed especially unique is how players perform his special moves. His special moves have simple inputs; they only require simultaneous button presses, repeatedly pressing a button, or holding down a button. Only Ed's Critical Art is done by inputting a traditional motion.

Interesting.

EDIT: Costumes

bHXgMaM.jpg

O8oUnGM.jpg

His play-style actually looks pretty unique, hopefully he's not so low-tier that we never see people use him. I'm still not over that default costume though... yeesh.

BadWolf

From the blog:

Since Balrog raised Ed, his fighting is centered on boxing but since he carries M. Bison’s genes, his fighting style is enhanced by Psycho Power.

Sounds like Capcom wanted their own version of Rock Howard, guess this is the closest thing for Bison to getting a son.

MrCarter

He looks GREAT. I really like how he fuses boxing with psycho power.

Story mode and Battle costume looks dope too.

What makes Ed especially unique is how players perform his special moves. His special moves have simple inputs; they only require simultaneous button presses, repeatedly pressing a button, or holding down a button. Only Ed’s Critical Art is done by inputting a traditional motion.

WTF??

plsdon'tbeacharagecharacterpleasedon'tbeachargecharacterplsdon'tbeacharagecharacter

You're in luck besides his super he has no traditional inputs. All his attacks are done by pressing or holding down buttons

Tyaren

His default outfit looks pretty dumb imo, especially that hat and cape. I guess his original hoodie outfit will be an alt?

Edit: Ah, saw the images of his alt just now.

wamberz1

It would be pretty funny if a hybrid of 2 charge characters wasn't a charge character.

Top Bottom