• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ed officially revealed for Street Fighter V

pleasedon'tbeachargecharacterplsdon'tbeacharagecharacterpleasedon't
beachargecharacterplsdon'tbeacharagecharacterpleasedon'tbeachargecharacter
plsdon'tbeacharagecharacterpleasedon'tbeachargecharacterplsdon'tbeacharagecharacter

From the blog post:
What makes Ed especially unique is how players perform his special moves. His special moves have simple inputs; they only require simultaneous button presses, repeatedly pressing a button, or holding down a button. Only Ed's Critical Art is done by inputting a traditional motion.

What makes Ed especially unique is how players perform his special moves. His special moves have simple inputs; they only require simultaneous button presses, repeatedly pressing a button, or holding down a button. Only Ed’s Critical Art is done by inputting a traditional motion.

For people who can't be bothered to do a motion input or hold a charge.

JayEH

Well I'll hold off judgement on the inputs until I can play him. Disappointed he isn't charge though in any way.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenteresting

...actually sounds weird as fuck and has me kind of worried

It just shows why they're going with an entirely original cast aside from Akuma for S2. It allows them to do completely experimental stuff like this with a character. And that's something that fans would lose their shit over if they tried it with an existing character.

It just shows why they're going with an entirely original cast aside from Akuma for S2. It allows them to do completely experimental stuff like this with a character. And that's something that fans would lose their shit over if they tried it with an existing character.

Yep, I remember the chaos over them changing Vega's inputs.

ElFly

maybe the song was a little too loud in the trailer

looks ok. dunno if I can do multiple button presses on a pad tho

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I uninstalled SFV and haven't gone back to play it since they installed a root kit on my PC, but Ed looks pretty damn fun so I might jump back in.

The input thing sounds like "Accessibility" which makes no sense for a paywall character for a year old game.

I'm hoping instead it's got solid game design mechanics behind it.

But I doubt Capcom at this stage.

Hyun Sai

Huh oh, the input thing sounds like a nightmare for pad users, I wonder why they took that road...

Otherwise, cool moveset and gameplay, but hideous design and costumes. The head and hat are especially awful.

Skilletor

The input thing sounds like "Accessibility" which makes no sense for a paywall character for a year old game.

It doesn't, though. Nelson and Angel are two of the most complicated characters in a 2D fighter, and have a very similar sounding system.

Ephemeris

4df569452359ae4ea13cb571db3b10fa.jpg
I love this alt outfit so much

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Well Capcom is trying some new input types in Marvel Infinite, Ed here might be a way for them to live test some of their ideas on the public.

"What makes Ed especially unique is how players perform his special moves. His special moves have simple inputs; they only require simultaneous button presses, repeatedly pressing a button, or holding down a button. Only Ed’s Critical Art is done by inputting a traditional motion."

whiguyblink.gif

uhhh.... wow, this sounds great for someone like me and others who struggle with SF's more traditional inputs.

I want more information about this! Also good on Capcom to keep making changes like this.

Ok, I did not expect him to be a weird psycho-powered kickboxerish fighter. His gameplay looks fucking awesome and his design looks a million times better in game, I'm sold.

Top Bottom