• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ed officially revealed for Street Fighter V

kewlmyc

Still wish he was somewhat lean. Muscular lean like Remy or even the twins instead of McLargeHuge like every other male character sans Dhalsim.

Clad the hoodie is an alt costume at least.

His moveset and how you perform his moves looks interesting.

mbpm1

The inputs are fine in theory, but I'll need to put my hands on them to see how it works in practice

I've never had to hold a button for a character before

Producer

why isnt he charge or motion though..might have to remap some buttons for him. Doing lp+mp and lk+mk on pad is a bit of a hassle

BadWolf

The input thing sounds like "Accessibility" which makes no sense for a paywall character for a year old game.

I'm hoping instead it's got solid game design mechanics behind it.

But I doubt Capcom at this stage.

The input thing sounds like Angel.

If he plays similar to her then Ed will be for advanced players and need a very different mindset to play than what SF players are used to.

def sim

I was hoping he'd be a charge character, but maybe the funky input might be fun.

Anyway, it's cool they made Balrog into some kind of father figure.

El Sabroso

The basic skin is ass, gameplay looks very good, and the hoodie is a story skin, at least for little FM to cash into the skin, the input thing for specials will have to try this weekend

USWI28800001_640x480_01.jpg

Goodstyle

His story is interesting. According to Capcom Unity, M. Bison is trying to assume control of his body from beyond the grave. Hopefully FANG will be there to help out in the quest to revive LORD BISON.

stn

I'll give him a whirl like I do with any character. Not sure if his special move inputs will gel with me, though.

As soon as the season pass goes on sale in the UK I'm diving back in. I really like the dictator outfit (it should've been the default).

VariantX

He uses Psycho energy, is he the son of Bison by any chance? Or just someone who trained under him?

He was kidnapped and experimented on as a child to serve as a potential host body for bison. Hes still technically a child since the experiments made him age rapidly into an adult body. Ed was introduced (in child form) in Balrog's SF4 ending.

Numb

Unique input
Only experiencing will tell if good or bad
If it requires button mapping on my end i'm already used to that

His story is interesting. According to Capcom Unity, M. Bison is trying to assume control of his body from beyond the grave. Hopefully FANG will be there to help out in the quest to revive LORD BISON.

Maybe Bison will give his new body a better haircut.

Kneefoil

That's supposed to be the kid with the hoodie? I could not recognise him at all in that trailer. I guess it makes sense that Balrog would turn him into a muscly boxer type, although he has some kicks too.

Unique input
Only experiencing will tell if good or bad
If it requires button mapping on my end i'm already used to that
Doesn't seem like the inputs are unique per se, just that all his special moves are either command normals, mashes or neg. edges

Redesign from the kid in the trailer I am not a fan of
Not as much as I am not a fan of the music they used in that trailer. Why....Why that was an assault on my eardrums.

WarRock

Capcom finally experimenting with different input styles like ArcSys has been doing in a while. He looks fun as heck.

He looks great! I'm sure I won't play him but yea

Is this his theme then? Because I'm loving the Third Strike vibes

PS: don't read the Youtube comments, should be a given at this point

Wallach

FUCK, Gootecks really did come back from the future. He was trying to show us the true path but we shunned him

he's not from the future, he's hella late to that party

in the blog it says we'll learn more about Ed including the release date "in the coming weeks", goddamn when does this dude actually come out

Elbereth

I think he looks great. Fresh perspective, and will spice up the current cast. There are plenty of old characters I would like to see, but I really like what Capcom is doing here

Top Bottom