• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ed officially revealed for Street Fighter V

WarRock

Maybe Capcom can give Sakura and some older characters the Fast Growth™ Shadaloo™ Treatment Ed got in the future too.

Zero excuses now.

The hoodie is his story costume.
86c6af4e9261528f993606d517aed5e9.jpg

19d.gif

Um, how did he get so swole? Wasn't he scrawny in the story mode?

Yeah he was. I'm not feeling this trend of character overhauls in SFV, its one thing to make changes to just the face like they did with Helen, but making significant changes on the overall look of a character is just irritating to say the least. Hopefully they have a good explanation on why he got so big out of the blue.

nachum00

Seriously the worst character design in any Street Fighter game. That aside his moveset actually looks cool. But sounds like I won't like how he controls at all.

Pad players have two buttons just for 3P and 3K

If anything, two buttons might be harder
I'm not so sure. As long as it's of the same type (punch with punch, kick with kick) then that system is fairly easy for pad players. I've been playing Kolin a lot recently and I've never had any issues with this system.

He's basically Rock Howard.

He's got a dunk and a burn knuckle...he's got purplish blue aura all over him...he was adopted...and he's constantly trying not to be overcome by the evil of his "father" M. Bison according to his Capcom-Unity story.

Being similar to Rock is definitely a plus in my book.

Dear Tekken fans,

We know many of you have tried unsuccessfully to make the transition to Street Fighter. As such, we decided to make a psycho-powered Steve Fox with Tekken controls for you. Please enjoy.

And I will.

Yeah he was. I'm not feeling this trend of character overhauls in SFV, its one thing to make changes to just the face like they did with Helen, but making significant changes on the overall look of a character is just irritating to say the least. Hopefully they have a good explanation on why he got so big out of the blue.
We know why. He rapidly ages due to being a Bison body made for him to possess.

I'm not so sure. As long as it's of the same type (punch with punch, kick with kick) then that system is fairly easy for pad players. I've been playing Kolin a lot recently and I've never had any issues with this system.
They're not gonna do mixes unless it's weird Tekken shit like LP+MK and that's obnoxious even on a stick.

With his special inputs just being button presses it's clear he's made with people who struggle with the input barrier in fighting games & need some extra help. Kind like special education for fighting gamers. Hence his name Ed. Special Ed.

i just need to know that is not a charge char

He's neither charge nor motion. Pressing a combination of different buttons at the same time is how you do his specials, with all 3 strengths leading to EX moves. Or holding down a button in the same fashion.

The only move of his that's "conventional" is his CA which is a motion move.

Village

Dear Tekken fans,

We know many of you have tried unsuccessfully to make the transition to Street Fighter. As such, we decided to make a psycho-powered Steve Fox with Tekken controls for you. Please enjoy.

And I will.

" also he's just rock Howard, so pls come SNK fans thanks"

Ed looks like he has a fun and interesting move set, not completely sold on his appearance (would've been better if he was a little thinner to differentiate him a bit... with his power coming from the psycho power rather than physical strength, but hey ho).

My problem with him (and Kolin) is that while I really appreciate that they're trying to create characters with different and interesting playstyles, which are great for the semi-pros, these characters are unlikely to win favour with the more casual players.
I'm a lifelong Street Fighter player but nowadays if a character doesn't immediately gel with me I just can't be bothered to put in the time it takes to learn them.

Combined with the fact that this season is 5 newbies, I can't imagine casuals have much interest in these new characters with fairly bland designs and alien play styles.

I hope S3 brings back some some well known, simple to play characters like Sagat, Sakura, Blanka, Honda etc.

Top Bottom