• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ed officially revealed for Street Fighter V

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Ken, look at his face

9myrKgv.jpg
Yeah. He looks kinda shitty when talking but this portrait makes it clear that the model itself is obviously better.

sinkfla87

Yeah I'm not feeling that command list lol. I mean I applaud them for trying something new but I think motions would have been easier than that haha.

Village

30BOb1x.png

I don't think he looks worse than ken in game, I think whoever at the capcom team is deciding still chose the worst ones, for his main outfit. I think he looks fine in game, and looks fine with his other two outfits.

They did the same with kolin,

Yhack at third costume.

couldnt they design a design that is not problematic.
very very bad

How is it problematic?

Wallach

one other thing I noticed is that in his command list he has no unique normals, so it's possible he inherited Bison's weakness of not having an overhead normal

joe2187

Banned
"capcom reveals new arcade mode"

this is the only reveal that I could care about this game, enough characters

This is the most absurd shit I've seen when it comes to the whole "WHERE'S ARCADE MODE THO!?" arguments.

I dont think I've ever touched Arcade mode besides to unlock gallery pictures in fighting games, otherwise I never touch them unless I have to unlock colors or characters.

Give me all the characters and leave Arcade mode on the backburner until season 10.

I think he looks fun and his design is awesome. Kolin didn't really do it for me but I am really looking forward to this.

Interested to see what his stats and frame data are.

one other thing I noticed is that in his command list he has no unique normals, so it's possible he inherited Bison's weakness of not having an overhead normal

Yeah I noticed that too. Wonder if they left it off accidentally or if they didn't want any confusion with his specials since they are just button presses.

jwhit28

I want a Persona style spin off where you experience growing up with Balrog as your step dad and pull off shady dealings and heist.

nachum00

This is the most absurd shit I've seen when it comes to the whole "WHERE'S ARCADE MODE THO!?" arguments.

I dont think I've ever touched Arcade mode besides to unlock gallery pictures in fighting games, otherwise I never touch them unless I have to unlock colors or characters.

Give me all the characters and leave Arcade mode on the backburner until season 10.
True. Not that I like defending SF5 or anything, I honestly hate it.

But that's a silly response. Sure Arcade mode would make a few people happy. But continuous seasons of characters is the only thing that will keep sf5 relevant.

BadWolf

True. Not that I like defending SF5 or anything, I honestly hate it.

But that's a silly response. Sure Arcade mode would make a few people happy. But continuous seasons of characters is the only thing that will keep sf5 relevant.

Not everyone is in it for the multiplayer.

Plenty of people like to play fighters on their own. Arcade mode would be a great addition for them.

ryan13ts

His gameplay looks damn good but I still think his standard looks horrible, add the Bison alt in that pile too. Thank god they kept the hoodie for one of his alt or i don't think I'd be able to play him just from looks alone.

I think part of the reason his design is so off putting to me is because his ridiculously unnecessarily swole body, which a large part of the male cast already shares. I think they should have kept him lean, while still having a muscular frame. It would have looked much better and made him stand out a bit from the other males.

Oh, and that hair... yeesh.

jwhit28

Plenty of people like to play fighters on their own. Arcade mode would be a great addition for them.
Wanting a good single player mode and wanting an arcade mode are 2 different things. Would anyone hold any games standard ladder climbing arcade mode up as a pinnacle of single player fight game modes?

DR2K

Banned
Capcom is trying out something new with inputs. Looks interesting. The game is dumb as fuck as it is.

nachum00

Oh sure. But begging Capcom to stop making characters and just add arcade mode is pretty silly

Top Bottom