• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ed officially revealed for Street Fighter V

sinkfla87

What's funny is he is clearly aimed at casual players but watch all the casuals forget not to button mash and accidentally waste all their meter just by pressing punch.

Moveset looks great. Don't like the character design at all though. It's bland and his hat is way too small for his head. Why? Bisons hat fits fine.

What's funny is he is clearly aimed at casual players but watch all the casuals forget not to button mash and accidentally waste all their meter just by pressing punch.

I honestly can't tell who this is aimed at lol.

Casuals won't like it since mashing will lead to random shit. Also his moveset is completely different from everyone elses.

Hardcore fans won't like it but that's mainly because they don't like anything that isn't from SF2 or SF3.

Casuals won't like it since mashing will lead to random shit. Also his moveset is completely different from everyone elses.

Hardcore fans won't like it but that's mainly because they don't like anything that isn't from SF2 or SF3.

Press for awesome.

PrimeX

qXAzGi1.gif
Jaw dropping

JayEH

Looks like he has an OTG at 53 seconds

I think they know the game is a lost cause so they're just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks for future games.

You don't know me! :p

sinkfla87

Damn, that is so true haha.

I can't really get my head around it either, as to what the decision behind this was. I'm curious to try him out though and watch other people play him because if he's OP I'm going to laugh my ass off at the almost non existent stick usage lol.

mbpm1

Damn, that is so true haha.

I can't really get my head around it either, as to what the decision behind this was. I'm curious to try him out though and watch other people play him because if he's OP I'm going to laugh my ass off at the almost non existent stick usage lol.

A character I can play with one hand PogChamp

Numb

Street fighter hasn't been good since 2

Raiku

Psycho powaaah :D

Looks fun just want to get my hands on him and see what's what. See what those inputs feel like and such. Beta pls.
Also that battle costume is fire. Yung Bison? Sold

Skilletor

Nah, casuals will like it because mashing will now lead to cool shit happening on screen.

That's why they like games like MK and 3D fighters. You don't need to know what you're doing to have stuff come out. Did you watch the athletes play for eleauge? See Shaq mashing c.lk? That looks bad to the person playing and the casual watching. With Ed, you'll get shiny purple stuff of on screen intead of the weakest attack over and over repeatedly.

Absolutely perfection! Ive never been so hyped for a new character in my life before like this. Watching this character in action had me jumping out of my chair! I cant wait till hes released!!!!

Onemic

Cool character, but the fact that he has to do his specials through hundred slap presses and TAP's makes me wanna stay far, far away.

I feel like Capcom made this character to appeal to casuals, but if his moveset is really done by doing the above, it's anything but imo.

That music is insufferable. Where's all the cool acid jazz from 3rd Strike etc? Sigh.

Any way, his design is pretty creatively bankrupt but he looks fun/satisfying to use at least.

Not everyone is in it for the multiplayer.

Plenty of people like to play fighters on their own. Arcade mode would be a great addition for them.

Well, Arcade mode, along with other features & classic characters, are coming. Capcom will be shouting their announcement from the rooftops.

Cool character, but the fact that he has to do his specials through hundred slap presses and TAP's makes me wanna stay far, far away.

I feel like Capcom made this character to appeal to casuals, but if his moveset is really done by doing the above, it's anything but imo.

Only one move is done by rapid press. This is the quintessential casual character. The only move that requires execution is his CA. Everything else can be done via mashing.

Pompadour

He looks like a mix of Decapre, Dudley, and Rock Howard. He doesn't seem to have any ducking/weaving type moves plus he has air specials and a fireball so Dudley seems safe, for now.

sinkfla87

Well, Arcade mode, along with other features & classic characters, are coming. Capcom will be shouting their announcement from the rooftops.

SNEAKERS DOES WHAT CAPCOM DOESN'T.

When do you think? ... Please? Just a very vague answer works so you don't ruin anything... Please? Haha.

WarRock

[citation needed]

LakeEarth

Two button press input sounds interesting, but I'm worried about how that'll work on a pad. I have a hard time doing Urien's EX ground-to-air fireball because it's involves a simultaneous face+trigger button combo that I seem to miss half the time. And the config menu does not let you map any two button press, just a handful of pre-set ones (not LP+HP).

Design wise, I like everything about him except that hat. I'll probably go with his Story Mode costume for now.

vulva

That music is insufferable. Where's all the cool acid jazz from 3rd Strike etc? Sigh.

Any way, his design is pretty creatively bankrupt but he looks fun/satisfying to use at least.
It's in 3s, I'd suggest you play it but let's be honest that people only pretend to play it.

Top Bottom