• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ed officially revealed for Street Fighter V

AAK

He looks like a Henchman I'm supposed to fight in Wolfenstein The New Order.

His animations are really, really ace though. Here's to hoping for more diversity with the remaining DLC cast.

in the blog it says we'll learn more about Ed including the release date "in the coming weeks", goddamn when does this dude actually come out
I'd make an "Early 2017" joke but I imagine too few people would get that. At this point, around E3 seems likely.

he's not from the future, he's hella late to that party

in the blog it says we'll learn more about Ed including the release date "in the coming weeks", goddamn when does this dude actually come out

You get to play him this week.

He's coming with the cfn update most likely.

Numb

He looks like a Henchman I'm supposed to fight in Wolfenstein The New Order.

His animations are really, really ace though. Here's to hoping for more diversity with the remaining DLC cast.

One regular member followed by 2 more blonde characters

You get to play him this week.

He's coming with the cfn update most likely.
It's not an update, it's a free beta
for the eventual update
. It'll be available for free to everyone, on PC and PS4 for May 11-14.

It's online only, and it'll have Ed fully playable along with the rest of the cast.

Scotia

Banned
Ed looks great. Probably my favourite newcomer so far. Not a fan of his main outfit but luckily his two alternates are way better so I'll gladly get them.

sinkfla87

His moveset looks fun as fuck. Going to wait on more info about his control scheme before I pass judgement. That design though... Awful. Maybe I'm in the minority but I would have preferred his original look.

Trailer is up on Gamersyde: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_street_fighter_v_welcomes_ed-19074_en.html
His moveset looks fun as fuck. Going to wait on more info about his control scheme before I pass judgement. That design though... Awful. Maybe I'm in the minority but I would have preferred his original look.

The hoodie is his story costume.
86c6af4e9261528f993606d517aed5e9.jpg

It's not an update, it's a free beta
for the eventual update
. It'll be available for free to everyone, on PC and PS4 for May 11-14.

It's online only, and it'll have Ed fully playable along with the rest of the cast.

Yeah that's what I meant you get to play him this week ;P lab monsters gonna go crazy! Plus a preview for s2 patch.

If they had this trailer ready, why didn't they just show it at the end of eLeague or Texas Showdown when a bunch of interested eyes were on their product? Hm

Wallach

couple other things I noticed from the trailer:

- his cross-up looks like j.MK (thanks dad)

- his s.HK CC (the first crush in the clip) is actually Juri's; given the spider on his hat I'm pretty sure she is also working with him & training him for whatever reason (the actual flash VFX on his VT are also colored like Juri's)

Tizoc

Oh yeah, agree that his moveset feels KoF-ish, but that is a good thing =)

But no more blondes Capcom, geez.

I just find it kinda funny, but all in all I am HYPE to trying him out, they just went full on stylish with his moveset.

JayEH

If they had this trailer ready, why didn't they just show it at the end of eLeague or Texas Showdown when a bunch of interested eyes were on their product? Hm

do not question capcpom's logic

couple other things I noticed from the trailer:

- his cross-up looks like j.MK (thanks dad)

- his s.RH CC (the first crush in the clip) is actually Juri's; given the spider on his hat I'm pretty sure she is also working with him & training him for whatever reason (the actual flash VFX on his VT are also colored like Juri's)

two dads and a mom

Ed looks great. Moveset reminds me of Terry and Rock. Was almost expecting to hear "Are you ok?" during his CA. That new command input sure sounds interesting.

Great reveal.

Hyun Sai

Question for the lore nazis : Is Ed is growing to maturity rapidly due to psycho power, or is it simply aging and he will be like an old man next year ?

Top Bottom