• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge #185 (the scores! the scores!)

jarrod

Banned
Blue Geezer said:
not one mention of this?
Nope, because it's perfectly in line with what most think (ie: it's above average, but just barely).

Nice to see SCL totally raped though. :lol

Fio

truth-lasers said:
And a scan of the cover (found on gamesradar)

[]http://static.pici.se/pictures/SCjaqYwEI.jpg[]

wtf ? Will EDGE stop doing beautiful and clean covers ?

kottila

Also from OP's source:

HYPE:
Star Wars The Force Unleashed
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
Conflict Denied Ops
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Dynasty Warriors 6
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Sins of a Solar Empire
Flatout Head On
Phantasy Star Portable

traveler

Not Wario
Can we get some of the Farcry 2 info? As well as the hint for next month's story? And wow at NMH; that is WAY better than I expected. I might actually consider purchasing it now. :lol

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Wollan said:
The most important thing about Edge is the main cover story and what's the hint for next time.
Oh come on Wollan the Heavenly Sword and Formula One reviews were a long time ago you can drop it now.

LaneDS

Glad to see high marks for Burnout. I don't understand the hate surrounding the demo, which I thought was pretty damn well put together, all things considered.

And laffo at Soul Calibur. That's harsh.

Tenbatsu

No More Heroes - [9]
This is totally unexpected from EDGE, was expecting NMH to score a like 7 or 8, now I just can't wait to get my copy from Play-Asia.

Soul Calibur Legends - [2]
Learn from Rygar, although it is a port, it seems that alot of efforts are put into the project. Better luck next time.

Wollan

RubberJohnny said:
And Eye of Judgement.
This one. Damn the rest but this one was horribly miss-rated.

Anyways, my demand for the cover story and hint was genuine. I subscribe myself but it doesn't help when I'm currently in a foreign country.

Tieno

Can't see how Burnout Paradise is going to be anything but great.
truth-lasers said:
And a scan of the cover (found on gamesradar)

SCjaqYwEI.jpg
That's a good cover. Not as busy and screaming for attention as those other game mags.

ksamedi

The No More Heroes score is certainly surprising but it makes February all the better with DMC 4 to go with it.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I don't want to sound harsh or anything but I find that cover to be pretty damn ugly, especially compared to their usual standard.

traveler

Not Wario
Wait, they give Killer 7 an 8?!?!? I'm gonna need some details on that NMH review. (Prolly should have waited for the text anyway)

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Tieno said:
Can't see how Burnout Paradise is going to be anything but great.

That's a good cover. Not as busy and screaming for attention as those other game mags.
I hope that's the Far Cry 2 cover.

Then each subsequent port and spinoff can have a redone version of some dude holding an AK, just like Far Cry and its "angry dude with MP5" motif.

Dascu

Burnout Paradise - [9]
The Club - [7]
No More Heroes - [9]
Geometry Wars Galaxies - [7]
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams - [6]
R-Type Tactics - [6]
Universe At War - [6]
Pain - [6]
Speedball 2 Tournament - [5]
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow - [6]
Soldier of Fortune: Payback - [4]
Dragoneer's Aria - [4]
No More Heroes - [9]
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg
lovefoxxx.jpg

Totalriot

Great score for NMH! Didn't realize it's close to release in Europe. Just checked Amazon and they say it will be out on February 29th. Only a month away! :D

Truespeed

Speedball 2 Tournament was an insult to the original Amiga game - just my opinion. I'm also surprised at the score for the club considering all of the smack talk it took on the forums because it looks like a decent game and the 7 from Edge at least validates it somewhat. I'm not surprised at the score for Burnout Paradise because it deservedly deserves that 9 and once the full game comes out I'm sure it'll put a lot of people that criticized it in their place.

u_neek

Just watched the NMH vids on Gamersyde..

Zaka TV? Is this game related to the terrible Michigan in any way?

Looks awesome though...please don't make me buy a Wii..

But it's censored. ;___;

The abstract effects look superior to the blood. Before it was even announced that Europe was getting a censored version Edge suggested we should start a petition to get the Japanese one.

Nolan.

truth-lasers said:
Found on rllmuk.

Burnout Paradise - [9]
The Club - [7]
No More Heroes - [9]
Geometry Wars Galaxies - [7]
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams - [6]
R-Type Tactics - [6]
Universe At War - [6]
Pain - [6]
Speedball 2 Tournament - [5]
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow - [6]
Soldier of Fortune: Payback - [4]
Dragoneer's Aria - [4]

I thought not much effort might be put into the game, but didn't think it would be a 2 bad.

birdchili

slaughterking said:
But it's censored. ;___;
are there any changes aside from swapping out red blood spray for black? i can't imagine its going to make much difference if that's it. i'd just as soon have the black spray, really... a lot of "realism" isn't going to improve things at all in this case.

RubberJohnny said:
The abstract effects look superior to the blood. Before it was even announced that Europe was getting a censored version Edge suggested we should start a petition to get the Japanese one.
exactly.

if its just a color swap they should give you the option in the config somewhere.

Top Bottom