• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge 241 - June

If EDGE truly are biased in favour of UK developed games, Fable Heroes must really suck.

(They're not biased in favour of UK developed games).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Clearly the teaser print is a mistake, as the hour hand should be pointing to '10', giving the time 10:10. Half-Life 2: Episode 2 released on October 10th. Coincidence? Reaching? Unlikely.

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

Triton55

Miyamofo on Vita:

I think the interview might have already been published (like most of the reviews). It's the one where he talks about bringing back LTTP and F-Zero.

Time for a new thread:

Attacking Vita's line-up. Miyamoto: "Vita has no games."

I'm making fun of the Sakurai thread's title, not Vita.

stalker

Clearly the teaser print is a mistake, as the hour hand should be pointing to '10', giving the time 10:10. Half-Life 2: Episode 2 released on October 10th. Coincidence? Reaching? Unlikely.

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

Actually 10:10 is the most used hour-minute combination when taking pictures of watches for marketing purposes

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
20120504_101253.jpg

11:10?
2l2Vr.png

Strawberry Clock is king of the portal.

Surprised at Tribes. I downloaded it and just couldn't get into it. Slight over reaction by the press at a F2P game that is actually a "gamer's game"?

El-Suave

That's the fourth first person shooter cover story in a row (the fifth was a 3rd person shooter).

Game Informer has much more varied cover games these days, which is a shame. It's strange especially if you consider Edge's reputation.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
They weren't brave enough, to post DD and Mario Tennis reviews online.

glaurung

They weren't brave enough, to post DD and Mario Tennis reviews online.
I think they have some sort of an agreement with some publishers as to where the reviews appear.

Recently most - if not all - reviews have popped up on the web before or after the print date.

Anyhow, the properly high grade for Prototype 2 in this month's issue is mind-boggling. I have been playing it for a while and I just cannot see it. The game is an EDGE 6 at best.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It's called a online embargo.
I wonder when the Mario Tennis one will be lifted. Still don't know if I should preorder or not, since there's no RPG mode.

Oh yeah, my previous post was a joke, if someone hasn't noticed. :(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Mario Open Tennis only got a 7... I guess that's why I still have not preordered it.

7 is a GREAT score from Edge, even more considering how they usually score this kind of Nintendo efforts.
They've probably complained about the scarce single player content, missing RPG mode and a real meaty story mode (there's a story mode in it btw, nothing big it seems). 7 sounds about right, hopefully they've fixed the "ball never goes out of bounds" problem that usually plagues this series.

Zia

Yagharek

God forbid there actually be a lot of really good games coming out!

Im of the opinion that Edge are just selective about what they review. With so many games coming out, they mostly pick the big names and the good ones to review given limited space.

So higher review scores on average is just a result of 'selection bias' of sorts.

Of course, reviewing the big name games still leaves plenty of room for sub-5/10 duds.

Riposte

What does it take for a game to get below a 4 lol. Star Wars Kinect and Fable Heroes seem like 2/10 (1/5) material to me.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
7 is a GREAT score from Edge, even more considering how they usually score this kind of Nintendo efforts.
They've probably complained about the scarce single player content, missing RPG mode and a real meaty story mode (there's a story mode in it btw, nothing big it seems). 7 sounds about right, hopefully they've fixed the "ball never goes out of bounds" problem that usually plagues this series.
Puyo from Gamekult reacting on EDGE giving a 7 to Mario Tennis and a 8 to Prototype 2: WTF?

Jackano

Miyamoto aknowledge himself the lack of key software for the firsts months of the 3DS launch, just after Iwata, who also said sevral times they will not make the same mistake for Wii U. So if Nintendo if so clearly claiming out loud this, we can even more truely expect a strong line-up. E3 hype is building!

I'd be very interested to read Dragon's Dogma review.

Same. I wonder what they say about the story. You can get a feel for the combat from the demo but I'm really curious if the story is any good. I hope its not just "here's a bunch of quests, hope one of them is good." I want to feel nostalgic for old breath of fire games

That wasn't a problem in N64 Mario Tennis.

Anteater

Same. I wonder what they say about the story. You can get a feel for the combat from the demo but I'm really curious if the story is any good. I hope its not just "here's a bunch of quests, hope one of them is good." I want to feel nostalgic for old breath of fire games

I'm expecting nothing more than "Are you a bad enough dude to kill the dragon?", judging from the reviews so far, maybe with some boulder punching

They don't seem to say much about sidequests and other stuff though :lol

Top Bottom