• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge of Space | OT | Like Terraria...in space...with laser sharks...and lots of guns

EdgeofSpaceLogo-2.png

Developer: Handy Men Studios
Platforms: PC
Buy on Steam, Desura

---
Official Site
Trailer
Terraria Crossover Trailer

Players suit up as an Operative of the Ark Corporation (ArkCo), deployed into the deepest, darkest, and most dangerous part of the universe. Fight against an array of creative horrors including cybernetically-enhanced laser space sharks or vicious genetically-evolved polar bears - and those are not even the strangest monstrosities to encounter!

You must terraform the entire world, craft armor, weapons, kits, and vehicles to help you explore and conquer. You start with only a laser pick and the gear from your pod, and immediately get working as every ore you mine is valuable. At the absolute edge of space you must adapt or die! Good luck ArkCo Operative!

screenshot4.jpg

edgeofspace_2.jpg

screenshot15.jpg

Launch Features:
  • An open-world, dynamically-generated sandbox, set in the deepest recesses of space
  • Hordes of enemies and epic bosses ranging from Artillabears, squid pandas, jetpack space penguins, and laser sharks
  • Exciting gameplay centered on cooperation and exploration, with fully supported single and multiplayer modes
  • PIOS (Power Input Output System), a simple drag and drop tool, allows players to design electrical powered systems as basic as powering a light or as complex as maintaining life support systems
  • Deep exploration elements including the navigation of extraterrestrial hideaways and randomly generated caverns
  • Create bazillions of weapon from laser guns to sniper rifles, thanks to an array of special mods that run the gamut from radio controlled bullets to toxic rounds
  • Loads of armor, ranging from quirky vanity costumes to stat boosting battle suits
  • Collect a variety of pets to assist players in exploring – and surviving – the edge of space
  • In-game builder allows players to create structures on PCs, tablets, and HTML 5 supported devices, then plug in the resulting code to see their creation in-game
  • Continual post-launch updates will regularly bring new content designed in response to the community’s needs and desires

Hello? Anyone out there? Been stranded on this empty rock for what seems like light years now....I think the laser sharks are closing in. Anyone else interested in this?

Pimpbaa

I'm kinda interested. Would like to see more gaf opinions. Don't trust the opinions of the idiots in the Steam forums.

Looks really neat but something about the style of the players looks off to me. Hardly a deal breaker, but something I hope they fix up for release... they seem to be too tall and the animation look strange. The rest of it looks pretty sharp though. I've sunk lots and lots of hours into Terraria though, so the same game with future tech is pretty appealing. I'm not so much into the Early Access stuff, but definitely wish-listed for later purchase!

I'm kinda interested. Would like to see more gaf opinions. Don't trust the opinions of the idiots in the Steam forums.
This definitely. I've read enough threads and comments to realize that reading Steam forums simultaneously kills brain cells and makes you lose faith in humanity

Top Bottom