• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eggman or Bowser?

Eggman can blow up the moon, so I'm going with the Eggman

Bowser destroys the universe at the end of Mario Galaxy. It's heavily implied that aside from Mario and Rosalina, nothing was actually saved, per se, but that Rosalina recreated everything (and everyone) from scratch.

Bowser doesn't fuck around.

casiopao

Bowser destroys the universe at the end of Mario Galaxy. It's heavily implied that aside from Mario and Rosalina, nothing was actually saved, per se, but that Rosalina recreated everything (and everyone) from scratch.

Lol. Even when Bowser is burn to crisp in Lava, he still come back in full Bone version. Robotnik will be nothing if he fall into the lava.^_^

Eggman's creation ends up destroying the time-space continuum.

Lol. Even when Bowser is burn to crisp in Lava, he still come back in full Bone version. Robotnik will be nothing if he fall into the lava.^_^

He is not dumb enough to let himself drown in lava

latest

SHM.png

I'll go with the moustached lad.

Stopdoor

For all the radical changes they make to the Sonic series, they barely fuck with Eggman because he's such a great antagonist.

Well, there was that redesign for '06 they quickly dropped and never mentioned again, haha. Most elements of that game like Silver Sega loves to keep around for some reason, so you can tell where they really feel like they screwed up.

Except that wasn't Eggman's creation. On the other hand, the Galaxy Reactor was Bowser's creation.

latest

SHM.png

Maybe if Eggman were as badass as Bowser, he wouldn't need to cower inside of machines to handle lava.

Bowser-1.jpg

casiopao

latest

SHM.png

Shows how coward the moustached bruh is lol. This is the true King. He himself will fight headon without any need of protection because he is BADASS.^_^

El Odio

Banned
Bowser was Genre Savvy enough, at least in Dream Team, to
throw Antasma under the bus and steal the dreamstone before the same could likely be done to him per usual.
Meanwhile Eggman falls victim to just about anything he tries to control/partner with.

Yeah, but he had to die for that to happen. It was more of a cop out at the last minute than anything else Eggman tried to pull at the last minute.

Eggman on pure variety and gameplay... and once being voiced by Deem Bristow. They're both pretty close if we include Mario RPG's and external media for both
and exclude Sunshine and 06
, at least in terms of having effective personalities/humor. Considering Mario's not much to bounce off of, that's pretty damn good for Bowser. Though he still doesn't have the GOAT collab:

147261885368031.jpg

Wasn't that Mario's fault for nabbing the star though? The true best villain. And if it counts, at the end of Worlds Collide
Eggman's actions ended up resetting the Sonic comic multiverse IIRC

It's a really close one for me, but Bowser wins it at the end just based on charm alone. Eggman has his moments, but Bowser has far more IMO.

Eggman can blow up the moon, so I'm going with the Eggman
Someone's never touched SMG. He nearly takes over the entire universe in that game.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I mean, Eggman now only blew up the moon, he also blew up their home planet in Unleashed, he enslaved an alien race to abuse their power which ended up causing a rift in time and space that destroyed the space-time continuum by enslaving a Time Eater inside of the leftover tear, he's actually contentiously stealing the life energy from living things to power his robots ever since the original and to further extent in some titles, in Sonic CD he took over the world and Sonic has to prevent a bad future, if we go with outside media he's done a variety of depraved things in both the comics and the SATAM universe.

I actually like Bowser quite a bit, and he's a gem in the Mario RPGs, but I think Eggman has a lot more going to him and has been one of the consistently good things of the series. I think his fights are a lot more interesting, I think his personality is and he treads being comical and a serious villain better than Bowser, and works as coil much better to Sonic than Bowser does to Mario to make much more interesting situations. Also I do personally feel Eggman has done far more evil things than Bowser, but also more compassionate things, but it works because he has a more versatile character.

tumblr_mnh0do9AQ41st647so4_540.png
tumblr_mnh0do9AQ41st647so8_540.png

Sonic Shuffle was a weird game.

It's a really close one for me, but Bowser wins it at the end just based on charm alone. Eggman has his moments, but Bowser has far more IMO.

Someone's never touched SMG. He nearly takes over the entire universe in that game.

Oh yeah? Well, Bowser can control entire Galaxies. So there.

It's been so long since I played it that i forgot how it ended. I guess I deserved being ripped an new one.

Kinsei

Banned
Main Series only? Eggman. He has an amazing them in SA2 and has been really entertaining since the series since SA1 (minus Sonic 06).

Counting spin offs? Bowser. His personality in the RPG's is amazing.

Eggman is definitely my favourite. I'm not a huge fan of big scary Bowser from the main games, but I love goofy Paper Bowser.

Opa-Pa

Bowser is cool, but he only feels like an actual character in a handful of games whereas Eggman is very entertaining in almost every appearance.

Plus 3D World gave Bowsee a neko furry transformation that's one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen.

tumblr_ng5q4iT1ip1s9eddto1_500.png

Eggman only had one style.

Bowser can be hip too.^_^

Bowser wins.^^

Ok I'm voting Eggman twice because I never want to see this again.

Bowser is cool, but he only feels like an actual character in a handful of games whereas Eggman is very entertaining in almost every appearance.

Plus 3D World gave Bowsee a neko furry transformation that's one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen.

Ok I'm voting Eggman twice because I never want to see this again.

Agreed. On all accounts. Lol.

It is the Eggman.

Robotnik :)

Eggman just reminds me of the fact that there's really really creepy fanart of every sonic character, no exception.

I'm going with Bowser.

Eggman easily had MUCH better and more interesting boss battles. He changes his strategy every time you encounter him in the classic games.

Bowser's a one-trick pony in every game he's a boss in.

Top Bottom