• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM November 2008 Reviews and Rumors

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Guys ithe blurred shots are CLEARLY of Gordon Freeman looking down on the camera with a crowbar in hand and a helicopter behind his head.

HALF LIFE 2: EPISODE 3 confirmed, there's no doubting it.

Rez>You said:
Guys ithe blurred shots are CLEARLY of Gordon Freeman looking down on the camera with a crowbar in hand and a helicopter behind his head.

That would be awesomesauce

Shiggy

SuperSonic1305 said:
- Lucas Arts handing Rogue Squadron rights to new publisher. All games released on one Wii disk with enhanced visuals and Wii controls.

That should not be a big problem. "Rogue Squadron: Trilogy" wass done and finished for the first Xbox with upgraded graphics. Didn't IGN even report about this back then?

dacuk

Oldschoolgamer said:
This! Strider was always about moving fast and kicking ass as fast as possible. Unless it's like a DMC like game with a focus on just the Trickster Style and he's awesome as fuck.

Give him a long flowing scarf like hotsuma!

YUP!

If true, first day purchase including whatever system is required to play it.

If "it's a secret to everybody" is a red herring it's the biggest bitch of a red herring ever. When you start making Zelda references purely as subterfuge you're just toying with fanboy emotions, not to mention that virtually any other reveal is going to seem limp compared to Zelda.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
AzureNightmareXE said:
Oh please let there be a new Zelda! My Zelda fanboy blood yearns for another epic adventure in Hyrule!
Since when are Zelda games revealed in EGM or at TGS? Especially when Nintendo doesn't even go to TGS

jiggle said:
the shadow is, which was the first thing i noticed too, but after seeing what i thought was cloud, i double checked and saw that the style is pointing near VII
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Dial is pointing at 7 1/2, originally FF7 was suppose to take place in NYC.

:O
Do you guys even know how sundials work?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Rez>You said:

That would be awesomesauce, too. :D

Scotch

This can mean only one thing. Kojima is making the next Halo game. The Ryan Payton move, the announcement in Japan next week, it all makes sense.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Since when are Zelda games revealed in EGM
It's slowly becoming a Western-dominated franchise, and Nintendo has admitted to seeing that. EGM would not be the worst place for Nintendo to show it's acceptance...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If it's the Watchmen game, I'll lose all respect for Milkman over being blinded by what will invarably become a bad tie-in for a movie that may or may not be bad. On the other hand, someone mentioned Duke Nukem Forever. If that's the case, I'll stop mocking Milkman for popping weeaboo boners all over the place... :D

I don't know what depresses me more, that only two people referenced Trinity or the chances of such a game being in development are essentially impossible.

pulga

Banned
Has a Watchmen game been confirmed anywhere else? If not, Zack Snyder just confirmed it on IGN.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/915/915665p1.html

Snyder indicated that he has participated in every part of the development process for this version of the film, including the upcoming spinoff videogame. While he admits that he was initially unhappy with the game, he said that he is confident that the game developers came up with an idea that suits the complexity and intelligence of the source material.

"We have a game now that I think is awesome," Snyder said. "But I think it was about those first fits and starts where you're just talking about making a Watchmen game and how that was going to be. For me, it became about embracing the concept and I guess the work was to create a subversive concept that equals the movie, or the graphic novel."

Snyder confessed that working on the film has demanded much of his time, but he has tried to be as involved as possible during the design and completion of the game. "I've been involved as much as I can be," he said. "We certainly looked at everything and said, 'Yeah, this can be better', or whatever. But again, it's not like completely mine, I wouldn't say. But certainly we've had a lot of contact with them and gave them a lot of notes and stuff."

Watchmen cover story confirmed?

Edit: just did a little bit of digging and this project was revealed way back in July. Still, maybe EGM is gonna blow the lids off the game.

traveler

Not Wario
Just read the editorial. If what he says in there is meant to be a clue to next month's cover story and not a red herring (as he suggests) then the cover title will be a first person game, though not necessarily a shooter. In fact, it most likely won't be a shooter, given his word choice, but some sort of concept untested in the first person world.

Edit: Crap, that's last month's editorial. :lol NVM then.

traveler said:
Anybody care to say what the gist of the editorial is and if there are any potential clues within it?

I've just got my issue delivered today and I pored over both it and the blog post from Milkman.

In the next month/gameover section of the magazine, they write:

"It's a secret to everybody (except us). Someone get Kyle Hyde on the horn - our cover story for next month is a mystery. It's a damn good one, too! We reckon you're going to want to come back in 30 once we officially reveal this Manhattan-sized announcement. It's funny, 'cause we want to tell you, but we'd rather that you wait and see for yourself."

"Though our cover story's clouded in secrecy, we can tell you about a preview that's sure to be a hoot. Or batty, we should say - return here next month for an update on Batman: Arkham Asylum."

"Also, be sure to brace yourself - this fall's big blockbusters are starting to drop into our laps. Are they making us hot? Why, that's personal. But I guess we'll tell you: Check back as we give you the final word on Gears of War 2, Guitar Hero: World Tour, and Resistance 2."

Lots of little sayings in there that could hold special meaning or be red herrings. The Kyle Hyde mentioned is the protagonist from Hotel Dusk: room 215 which I believe is from New York.

The image, with a sundial in a field of flowers/garden (the blog claims a gothic-looking garden), has the dial pointing between 3:00 and 3:30 pm. An inscription on the dial says "I count only the sunny hours" which is a common saying on lots of sun dials, so doesn't seem relevant. In the legal writing they are required to put in every magazine, they always put something, usually humourous, in the fine print at the end. This month it reads "Never back down, never surrender", not sure if that's relevant either.

In the pictures from the blog, it seems like there are eyes/face in the middle of the blurred out black pieces on either side of the picture. It looks like there is either a gloved hand or mask covering part of the eye/face.

Also, about the pictures being blurred, not sure if anyone else remembers this, but a couple years ago, Interpol managed to unblur an image of a pedophile that had been blurred. I was wondering if any with photoshop skills knew how to do so on the image. The shape the two black images make seem very familiar, like from a mask or a painted face.

traveler

Not Wario
purnoman3000 said:
I've just got my issue delivered today and I pored over both it and the blog post from Milkman.

In the next month/gameover section of the magazine, they write:

"It's a secret to everybody (except us). Someone get Kyle Hyde on the horn - our cover story for next month is a mystery. It's a damn good one, too! We reckon you're going to want to come back in 30 once we officially reveal this Manhattan-sized announcement. It's funny, 'cause we want to tell you, but we'd rather that you wait and see for yourself."

"Though our cover story's clouded in secrecy, we can tell you about a preview that's sure to be a hoot. Or batty, we should say - return here next month for an update on Batman: Arkham Asylum."

"Also, be sure to brace yourself - this fall's big blockbusters are starting to drop into our laps. Are they making us hot? Why, that's personal. But I guess we'll tell you: Check back as we give you the final word on Gears of War 2, Guitar Hero: World Tour, and Resistance 2."

Lots of little sayings in there that could hold special meaning or be red herrings. The Kyle Hyde mentioned is the protagonist from Hotel Dusk: room 215 which I believe is from New York.

The image, with a sundial in a field of flowers/garden (the blog claims a gothic-looking garden), has the dial pointing between 3:00 and 3:30 pm. An inscription on the dial says "I count only the sunny hours" which is a common saying on lots of sun dials, so doesn't seem relevant. In the legal writing they are required to put in every magazine, they always put something, usually humourous, in the fine print at the end. This month it reads "Never back down, never surrender", not sure if that's relevant either.

In the pictures from the blog, it seems like there are eyes/face in the middle of the blurred out black pieces on either side of the picture. It looks like there is either a gloved hand or mask covering part of the eye/face.

Also, about the pictures being blurred, not sure if anyone else remembers this, but a couple years ago, Interpol managed to unblur an image of a pedophile that had been blurred. I was wondering if any with photoshop skills knew how to do so on the image. The shape the two black images make seem very familiar, like from a mask or a painted face.

What about Milkman's column at the beginning of the issue? He mentioned there might be some hints in there.

Don't really see any clues. Just talks about the RE5 article from this issue, co-op article, and some horror games since it is october. No little sayings really.

FirewalkR

"Never back down, never surrender"?

Seems like something that Rorschach would say...

Edit: though "never compromise" would be more correct.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Why is no one talking about the Kyle Hyde reference? I want my Hotel Dusk 2!

Why does GAF hate on this game?

skip

bishoptl said:
Corey Hart DLC for Rock Band 2 confirmed

HeGV54Nj.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I want a MGS-Technology-Style FPS, a la Battlefield but with Gekkos and Metal Gears and all that.

I'd like to latch on to the Hyle Hyde mention, but the whole "clouded" and "Manhatten" thing say otherwise. And considering CING is working on Trace Memory Wii right now, the next Hotel Dusk is still a ways off anyway.

xfactor

Banned
Image012.jpg

I know you can't see shit here, but its a photo I took off a new DS game "Unsolved Crimes".

It says "The letter talks about a surprise for the whole of Manhattan" below. You play a role of a detective, the same role of Kyle Hyde in Hotel Dusk.

I doubt it have to do with Unsolved Crimes of course, just throwing it in due to the "Manhattan" mention and the same role as Kyle Hyde.

Top Bottom