• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM October 2008 Reviews and Rumors.

Jim

I'm a little surprised at the Tiger 09 review. Based on the demos at least, I wasn't all that crazy about it, and I like golf games. *shrug*

Visualante said:
Times like these I miss Surfer Girl.. pity about Star Wars. RIP LucasArts

"You'll never see Bioshock on PS3, the team is busy with Bioshock 2 and other projects" - Surfergirl.

Fun times indeed :lol

Johann

It took them two years to make it on the same system. A hardware change is easily going to add another year/

Forsete

Gold Member
Well that was the last nail in SWtFUs coffin. The horrible controls already put me off, but serious bugs is a big failure.

The SW:TFU review mentions "both versions" - does this mean that they haven't reviewed the Wii version yet, which is based off another build?

Welp, sorry but I still play the demo for SW:FU .....combat is a-ok with me. Then again, I rarely agree with 1up/EGM scores anymore anyway

Flavius

AranhaHunter said:
"You'll never see Bioshock on PS3, the team is busy with Bioshock 2 and other projects" - Surfergirl.

Fun times indeed :lol

I'd match her track record up with the more recent Quartermann's any day of the week.

I'm curious: who reviewed the new Viva Pinata game?

Tiktaalik

Guitar Hero: Beatles

I don't really believe this at all, but this (and probably this alone) would make me get back onto the Guitar Hero wagon again.

Also the "Bad" column for Dragon Quest IV isn't really bad at all.

Star Wars: TFU - C, C, B-
Good: Force powers
Bad: Combat
Horror: PS3 version sound glitches, getting stuck in walls in both versions

DAMMN.. why the fuck did they have to rush this game. it could have been great

Aaron

splattergnome said:
The SW:TFU review mentions "both versions" - does this mean that they haven't reviewed the Wii version yet, which is based off another build?
Wii 'version' is a completely different game. If they review it, it would be separate.

FoneBone

I AM JOHN! said:
I think his point is more about this being Lucasart's last internally-developed game, and instead of going out on a high note, the game is supposedly average.
Pretty sure they still have an internal team doing the Indy game, though that's all.

jrricky

Banned
LucasArts annoyed about MotionPlus not being shown to them so now they have to make yet another game
Wait, so they never planned on making another game or other games?:lol

If thats true, then I dont want the next ones cause it probably might not have any love.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I thought the combat in SW:FU was pretty fun but the scores were just about what I was expecting (I was thinking B, B C+) How much you bet the subtitle for the review is "God of Star War" EGM loves easy puns and other tired cliches like that.

Concept17

SWFU demo was fun as hell. It very much feels like GoW with a lightsaber, and the 'magic' is actually useful. Not to mention the environments look great and the story looks to be promising. (if a little predictable, we'll see)

Seems to be you'll either love or hate the gameplay.

Concept17 said:

Quoted for Infinite Truth!

and this really seems to be the decisive factor. Some people love it, alot of people are just indifferent and meh to it.
Though for what it's worth, it's been sitting in Amazon's bestseller list since the demo went up, so clearly there are kids out there who dug it alot

Concept17

AgentOtaku said:
Quoted for Infinite Truth!

and this really seems to be the decisive factor. Some people love it, alot of people are just indifferent and meh to it.
Though for what it's worth, it's been sitting in Amazon's bestseller list since the demo went up, so clearly there are kids out there who dug it alot

Agreed, it seems like its been awhile since we've gotten a good SW action game.

Not to mention the Apprentice is an absolute badass of a character.

jrricky said:
Wait, so they never planned on making another game or other games?:lol
Force Unleashed is their last internal developed project.

Seriously what were they expecting? "Here, unstable dev team that hasn't made a game for our system, this is a new technology and we're showing it to you first"

Cover Story - RE5

Will be buying this. If there is no new information then EGM is officially dead to me.

Star Wars: TFU - C, C, B-
Good: Force powers
Bad: Combat
Horror: PS3 version sound glitches, getting stuck in walls in both versions

Tales of Vesparia - B+, B-, C
Good: Fast paced battles
Bad: Story deserves a better script

Too Human - C-, C-, D+
Good: Cool premise
Bad: Everything feels so tedious

Viva Pinata: TIP - A GOTM 2
Good: Plenty of new creatures for the tenured gardener
Bad: The "story" never really develops

:( @ TFU. I understand what they are saying. Really the action and adventure type of control system shouldn't have been used. Jedi Knight IV ftw whenever its out. TFU would have been much better with third person shooter controls. Would have been faster paced, better saber combat, and better everything.

:D @ Tales of Vesperia scores.

:O @ Too Human score. It was fun to me and I enjoyed it.I can't say I disagree with their opinion though.

:) @ VP2. Might be worth a pickup.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So... next month, Silent Hill: Homecoming review.

Speculations on the score? D+? C-?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Concept17 said:
SWFU demo was fun as hell. It very much feels like GoW with a lightsaber, and the 'magic' is actually useful. Not to mention the environments look great and the story looks to be promising. (if a little predictable, we'll see)

A lot to extrapolate from two lines, but the review sounds to me like something that would play very well in a demo but not so well in a full game. The demo is just long enough to say "WOW force powers are so fun WHOOO!" but not get a full impression of a bad combat system.

Concept17

Dark FaZe said:
:( @ TFU. I understand what they are saying. Really the action and adventure type of control system shouldn't have been used. Jedi Knight IV ftw whenever its out. TFU would have been much better with third person shooter controls. Would have been faster paced, better saber combat, and better everything.

That depends on if they could have done anything new with it, which is unlikely. Jedi Knight gameplay got old a long time ago, unfortunately.

Oni Jazar

GOW 3 @ 2010 doesn't seem like a stretch. It's a huge game, unless they phone it in there's no way it can be done so quickly.

Wollan

Seiken said:
So... next month, Silent Hill: Homecoming review.
Speculations on the score? D+? C-?
Surprisingly good I reckon. Maybe not from 1up as they're too afraid what the group thinks but I would expect solid scores else where. 7-8's.

Mindlog

I was expecting A+ to A++ range after anticipating the shit out of this game. Those fuckers are going down the tubes, their magazine sucks, too many ads, games 'journalism' rofl, and whatnot.

but seriously, Rock the Vote.

One Nation, One Love.

-M. Albright

Top Bottom