• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiji Aonuma: “No one explicitly said that that was Link.”

I like the thought of choosing a gender. I usually play as girls if theres a choice, sick of dudes. Or it could be Links daughter, or just a reason to screw up the timeline even more.

oatmeal

Banned
I'd be cool with a female protagonist...not like Link has ever been anything but a cypher for the player.

But it would be an interesting twist.

Velti

Neo Member
WHAT IF ITS THE LITTLE SISTER FROM WINDWAKER?!!

what if its ARYLL

Aryll.png

Shojx

Whaaaaat?

Even though his appearance was a bit different (he kinda looked like a she in my opinion), they still looked like a Link...

Maybe there'll be... two Links?!?! *gasp*

And only one can be the true Hero, the rivalry begins...

I want to play as Zelda, but this character looks nothing like her. I don't think that's what's happening here.

It's probably just Link, or a subtle familial variant.

Hedja

Had a hunch it was Zelda not only because of the blush but also the bow and lack of sword. Zelda's known to use her bow and arrows.

Kusagari

It would be cool if Link was already an established hero in the world in this game and for some reason Zelda is masquerading as him for the first half of the game.

And you don't even find out until she meets Link at the halfway point plot twist.

Right then. The one thing I take away from this is that there'll be character customisation.

A couple of years ago, they discussed having an online Zelda where you'd co-operate with other Link's. What if there's online co-op? But if they were looking at Skyrim and online co-op, then even if it's only a single player game, they would have been looking into character customisation.

Interesting.

Playing as Zelda would be really cool actually - being able to cast spells and such. I've always thought of Zelda as more of a Mage than anything else. That would be really neat and have a nice impact on gameplay.

Courage

What if they just actually call it "The Legend of Zelda" to show the beginning in a Zelda protagonist arc of games?

Svafnir

I really think it's Zelda. The character looks slightly feminine and Zelda is known for using a bow also.

It makes too much sense.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Watch it be Link and Zelda's kid. Gotta go rescue the parents because they get trapped in some dumb magical force field or something again.

sappyday

It's Zelda who was trained by the legendary hero Link at a young age, when she got older a serious evil came back and it was up to her to take it on but there was an issue where she has to resort to looking like the hero of time but as the game progresses she goes back to her old self.

Top Bottom