• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiji Aonuma: “No one explicitly said that that was Link.”

entremet

Create a character since it has some Skyrim nods.

Not only Hylian, I'm guessing Zora, Deku, Goron as playable races. Calling it now.

III-V

rosalina_riding_bomb__e3__by_lumshock-d7lpips.png

Zelda saves Link? That's one way to shake up the series.

What just happened?

I'd be down with a female heroine but I just can't see the "Link" from the trailers as a girl. The face just looks too masculine to me.

big_z

my guess is its going to be a four swords/monster hunter hybrid type game where each player gets a different color link imitation.

Kater

Banned
Customizable characters then?
Oh, this would be so freakin' sweet.

Female Link, Grandpa Link, Male Zelda, Human Epona etc.

The possibilities!

Nah, he's trolling.

I really don't want a generic create-a-character. :(

What makes you think there's going to be a create a character? It could simply be a female protaganist, and even if it is create a character, so what? It's not like Link has every done anything memorable in any of the games, he's not a fleshed out character, he's basically an avatar for the player.

Actually it could be Link's sister?

Venturebeat said:
The outfit actually looks like the same one Link wore in the beginning of The Wind Waker. Aonuma himself smiled when I brought up this connection. Could this new entry be tied to that universe?

Jonboy

Worth pointing out how they made the call-backs to Wind Waker and we all know how Zelda was involved in the final battle of that game.

Then think about the primary weapon shown in this trailer (plus no sword). Playing as Zelda would be awesome.

Female Link would be cool as well. After all, the hero of time is just reborn over and over, right? Would make sense for it to be a girl at some point.

its link. he said that laughing and smiling. are people that naive?
Context in written form is a tricky thing. Is there a link (ha) to the video we can try and discern for ourselves?

Rocketz

I knew I wasn't crazy when the first thing through my brain when I saw it was "Is that Link? Maybeeeee??? No it has to be it's a Legand of Zelda game"

If it's Link's sister, obviously the story is she is looking for her brother who is lost.

Also, Link in that trailer had a long pony tail. Link never had long hair like that!

Hmmm...

Top Bottom