• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elders Scrolls VI exits pre-production and enters early development

M.W.

The last question is about… Next week we will finally be playing Starfield. We know that Bethesda Game Studios will continue to work on that, but can we expect that after the release of Starfield we will have more news, or any news, about The Elder Scrolls VI?

Let's see, over time, but years later. We have put all of our studios focused on making this game the best it can be. And yes, there are people working on The Elder Scrolls VI, but this is what the studio has focused on. So no, you are not going to hear early about The Elder Scrolls VI. Starfield is our focus for now, and it's going to remain our priority for a while before we talk about anything else.

Just to be clear, is The Elder Scrolls VI in pre-production or in a concept phase?

No. It's in development, but it's in early development.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
champagne GIF
Winning The Office GIF

It will be a game released at the end of this generations cycle with a new-gen version with all the bells and whistles after PS6 and Xbox Next release sometime after their respective 2028 Holiday release date. So I'd say the real beefed up version probably in 2029 or 2030.

DeaDPo0L84

Yeah, they're wrapping up on Starfield, probably a splinter group will remain for patches and DLC work.

I reckon the bulk of BGS staff is free to start work on TES VI now.

See y'all in 2029.
2029 is the first release date announcement, it'll then be pushed back a couple times, see you in 2030.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Don't worry, they'll only take as long as they took for Starfield.

Ginzeen

Banned
i hope it doesn't come out the end of the console generation. Game might be too difficult to get stable on current gen consoles at that time. Its part of the reason why Cyberpunk got cooked at launch.

L*][*N*K

Banned
I personally don’t think this game will take THAT long, 2026 sounds like a reasonable timeframe for it, they have an established world, they will definitely use the same engine as Starfield, Microsoft’s buck…etc

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I doubt it would be any different than Starfield in terms of graphics or system specs. Starfield is the big graphics / engine leap already. They dont do that for every single game. Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim were all similar graphically.

The sense of scale and scope will be completely different.

Focusing on one land mass instead of hundreds will probably be more streamlined and allow higher detail, I reckon.

Last edited:
I understand because of Starfield's nature as a game with multiple planets, it has to be a hub-world type of game. I really do look forward to the return of one big open-world though.

Top Bottom