• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elders Scrolls VI exits pre-production and enters early development

Only 5 more years to go then I guess..
Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS
I can get you in touch with my local time traveling agent if you'd be interested. Although, I do have to admit he charges quite the penny, but perhaps we can get you a 5 year bundle discounted deal. Would you be interested? Do you come from a wealthy family?

kikkis

I think they will lean onto crafting and customizing like starfield and neglect core gameplay and story, because they can't do it well.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
No thanks. Oblivion has the most horrendous looking depictions of medieval fantasy I have ever seen.
“By the Nines!” Some things about Oblivion were fascinating, but that was around the 360’s first couple months. There wasn’t much else out there. TES can have some very flat or uneventful moments to it if you’re not invested in the lore/quest line. What probably did it in for me was how every dungeon felt the same after a while and once you had a few good weapons- all you got were dupes. Shivering Isles wasn’t bad. That whole Nines quest I played on the PS3 version and that was ok. Oblivion gates were cool at first. They just needed more to them. If I want anything from the new TES is unique dungeons and weapon with far less dupes.

“By the Nines!” Some things about Oblivion were fascinating, but that was around the 360’s first couple months. There wasn’t much else out there. TES can have some very flat or uneventful moments to it if you’re not invested in the lore/quest line. What probably did it in for me was how every dungeon felt the same after a while and once you had a few good weapons- all you got were dupes. Shivering Isles wasn’t bad. That whole Nines quest I played on the PS3 version and that was ok. Oblivion gates were cool at first. They just needed more to them. If I want anything from the new TES is unique dungeons and weapon with far less dupes.
I am sorry but, in no shape or form was this in any way intimidating or a great depiction of what is classified a "Minotaur" this looks like a fucking 5 year old made it in 3d, colored it and called it a day. That is a horrific depiction, it's not scary at all or in any way intimidating. It just looks like a lame ass action figure. I really think no one does fantasy as good as From Software imo.

pp3UYG4.jpg

TtqtR29.png

Last edited:
That’s fucking insane that it’s only in “early development” after 12 years!

There is no way this is coming out for current Xbox. Definitely going to be a next gen Xbox game!

Last edited:
Start of the next main console cycle and it’ll be exclusive.

At least that’s what I would do (and predict) from a business perspective.

Also….cant wait! My most anticipated thing about Starfield is knowing when it’s out the door they’ll be all hands on ES6 development.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Is Todd sticking around for this?

If he is then Holy shit, what a guy. I expect he will quit Bethesda at some point in development or shortly after.

I love how people's tastes vary. I enjoyed oblivion massively, but I much prefer future games like fallout vs skyrim.

Last edited:

PeteBull

this or gta6 will release first? 2035?
Gta6 easily:
CEO Strauss Zelnick reiterated this in comments made to VentureBeat. Zelnick says Take-Two is “positioning our business for a significant inflection point in fiscal 2025” and that he expects “record levels of operating performance” in fiscal 2025 (April 2024 – March 2025)

nowhat

The real question is, which will arrive first: TES VI or another re-release of Skyrim?

(I think we all know the answer, so the question is really how many re-releases of Skyrim will there be before TES VI)

Riky

$MSFT
Is Todd sticking around for this?

If he is then Holy shit, what a guy. I expect he will quit Bethesda at some point in development or shortly after.

I love how people's tastes vary. I enjoyed oblivion massively, but I much prefer future games like fallout vs skyrim.
Pretty sure he said he would also do the next Fallout.

Would make sense that Elder Scrolls would be a launch game for the next Xbox, start with serious momentum.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Just think right now Todd is working with the engine guys to make the new npcs stiffer.

Todd:“ the new engine it awesome guys but doesn’t the npcs.. idk…look a little too fluid to you? I mean they are not jello am I right? Lol ”

fatmarco

So why announce a game 5 years before it's even exited pre production. It's complete bullshit.

There needs to be some form of rule around announcing games. You should at least have a vertical slice before you announce anything. Otherwise you may as well create and release CGI trailers for developers thinking about making a game lol.

Also Jeremy Soule, like others have said, needs to be a part of this.

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Great news, it'll be an amazing mid gen's banger for the X-box series Omega.

I just hope there'll be no NPC auto leveling shit.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
As a massive fan of Skyrim, this game is so far out as to be barely worth a mention, graphically I can't see it being much different than what I've seen of Starfield only with more trees

Jakk

It should have been out in 2017 but here we are.

seriously though... i do agree. it should be out in 2025.
Based on what? Since GTA V, the vast majority of R* is working on one big project at a time - much like Bethesda. In 2017, RDR 2 wasn't even released yet. It was always unrealistic to expect GTA VI anytime earlier than 2023.

Hudo

I am sorry but, in no shape or form was this in any way intimidating or a great depiction of what is classified a "Minotaur" this looks like a fucking 5 year old made it in 3d, colored it and called it a day. That is a horrific depiction, it's not scary at all or in any way intimidating. It just looks like a lame ass action figure. I really think no one does fantasy as good as From Software imo.

pp3UYG4.jpg

TtqtR29.png
I think that Oblivion in general as some really sub-par art direction/visual design. Morrowind before it and Skyrim after it had much tighter, more coherent and overall better art direction. Oblivion almost looks generic in comparison.

SCB3

Is Mortal Kombat 1 a Bethesda game? I don't think so. This is stupid. Extremely fucking idiotic.

Wrap it up boys, ESO is secretly Elder Scrolls VI and we're just wasting our time here.
Clearly humor is something you're not capable of so let me point it out

I know Fallout 66 is NOT Fallout 5, I'm just reiterating something Bethedsa have said, I agree its not 5 and when it comes to the next FO I expect it to be called 5

Del_X

Spring 2028 would be my guess. Maybe late 2027 if they're keeping engine enhancements to a minimum.

Top Bottom