• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emilia Clarke will not reprise Sarah Connor in Terminator sequels

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/04/21/no-terminator-sequels-for-emilia-clarke
Emilia Clarke has definitively said she won't be playing Sarah Connor again in the future.

Talking to ComingSoon about the possibility of appearing in another Terminator sequel, Clarke simply responded "No... Can I say that? It’s okay. No. Uh-uh. But I have some very different roles coming up.”

Proving once again that there is no fate but what we make.

Terminate me if old

Emilia Clarke is...the T-X10000.

Surely she could go deeper.

latest

http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/T-1000000

FyreWulff

She was miscast as all hell and not allowed to be herself in a series that should be rated R.

Also, the future movies are dead anyway.

Tevious

I got scared a little after I read "won't reprise" in the title and then was relieved when it was just Terminator and not GoT.

FyreWulff

Why the hell is Hollywood still trying to make Terminator movies?

Because the rights are cheap and keep getting passed around like a football.

I believe, someone correct me on this if I'm wrong, but every single Terminator movie has been made by a different company.

EBE

in a stunning turn of events Jai Courtney is now recast as Sam Connor, an alternate timeline version of Sarah

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Movie was fun, but her acting was worse than Jai Courtney's, and I thought I had seen it all...

FyreWulff

Terminator 1: Hemdale Pictures

sold to

Terminator 2: Carolco Pictures

who filed bankruptcy and the production rights were sold to

Terminator 3
: C2 Pictures

(Linda Hamilton and Cameron divorced, Linda asked for and got Cameron's ownership of the Terminator rights and sold them to C2 immediately)

which was intended to be a company that would solely make Terminator films but then filed bankruptcy and the rights were bought by

Terminator Salvation: Halcyon Company
(and also Sarah Connor Chronicles)

who then sold it to

Terminator Genysis: Skydance Media

*breathes in*

Apt101

The design of the entire film was just so awkward. Even the marketing was goofy, where they're holding futuristic guns and screaming. It looked like the covers on the boxes of Nerf guns. And narratively it managed to be super boring despite like five threads going at any one time.

To the movies credit it wasn't as bad as I expected, better than salvation but she did not bring much to the character. It felt like she was doing a Linda Hamilton impression of Sarah Connor. And it definitely did not leave any kind of impact, even her costar Lena Headey in the Sarah Chronicles at least brought something new to the role.
Then there was Jai Courtney, who play Jai Courtney action man that you makes you forget the roles he played in. Kyle Reese was shamed.

Rymuth

Terminator 1: Hemdale Pictures

sold to

Terminator 2: Carolco Pictures

who filed bankruptcy and the production rights were sold to

Terminator 3
: C2 Pictures

(Linda Hamilton and Cameron divorced, Linda asked for and got Cameron's ownership of the Terminator rights and sold them to C2 immediately)

which was intended to be a company that would solely make Terminator films but then filed bankruptcy and the rights were bought by

Terminator Salvation: Halcyon Company
(and also Sarah Connor Chronicles)

who then sold it to

Terminator Genysis: Skydance Media

*breathes in*
I said, damn...

This series needs a Planet of the Apes style shakeup. There's just too much reliance and nostalgia for Arnold and that is the problem. I personally feel that it has a potentially robust enough mythos to it that it could be rebooted, but it needs to untether itself to Arnold Schwartzeneggar in order to make that work in the same way that Planet of the Apes needed to pull itself away from Charleton Heston to become what it was in the 1970's, as well as what it is today.

Snaggle

Banned
Good, I don't mind her at all on Game of Thrones but I don't really think she is a very good actor, the latest terminator movie though she was unbearable. That movie was really bad though so I don't have any hopes for future projects so cast whoever you want really.

She was woefully miscast in a film that had no creative reason to exist. The rights can't revert back to Cameron fast enough.

Yea well said.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
She's certainly quite the character. This is good news though if it means no more poor sequels I guess.

This series needs a Planet of the Apes style shakeup

Better to think of it like this:

There hasn't been a Terminator film since 1991, when the second of two legendary films released.

I've never seen the newer films (except Salvation), so that's how I'd like to remember Terminator by.

thumbsup.gif

So it didn't give her career the boost she hoped it would and now refuses to even consider playing the role again...

Seems weird that she thought her GoT fame would crossover...

I've only seen up to T3, but I wasn't expecting it to be a fitting addition to the series. Truth is, I don't really get bent out of shape over inferior installments to popular films.

With Terminator, they should have slowly distanced itself from Arnold due to his age and limited acting ability -- that is, if they're striving to build off of the first 2 films. I realize Terminator's scope is limited, but so was Planet of the Apes to a certain degree. They could have expanded upon the iconography beyond having to rely on the aerial drones and giant tanks alone from the original films.

I just think that the directors from the non Cameron films left much to be desired, as well as the studio mandates to include more humor, camp, and self aware irony to their films. I know that saying that the sequels needed better directors is a foregone conclusion, but I don't think Nolan could have saved the script from Genisys. There needed to be a serious reverence to the material and I don't think that ever came into play.

Well that's nice to hear, but it would be very reassuring to hear that the entire cast and creative team of Terminator Genesys will not be returning. Even Ahnuld. The thumbs up scene in T2 should have been his final farewell in the series.

shes good but it sure felt odd as hell watching her in terminator , i haven't watched the movie again since .... maybe they should go back to terminator 2 or the original , the story is kinda boring since terminator 3

Rymuth

Am I the only one who wanted to see a movie entirely about the T-800 raising Sarah Connor? The possibilities are endless.

- Shooting fools in the leg for trying to take her to the prom
- Teaching her arithmetic and Pythagoras with that accent of his
- Getting a part time job and then getting laid off (like he said in the movie)

Would've been so much better than what we'd gotten.

Siiiighhhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom