• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emilia Clarke will not reprise Sarah Connor in Terminator sequels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
I think Kit could if he was given the right movie i.e. not Pompeii.

This is mostly just the reality of TV stars, they need to fit things in to the show schedule so they don't exactly get the pick of the litter script wise. I'm sure a few will do okay after the show ends (or if they die on it) but while filming TV, very few actors make good movies.

nillah

Banned
Mother of dragons can't also be the mother of John Connor GAF? She did alright and being in these side gigs only help her where it counts, in the Game of Thrones.

Real q is how many more films can Arnie pump out

jelly

She actually wasn't that bad beyond looking like a child with a gun sometimes. Acting was fine for the most part.

That guy from Avatar was so much worse as was everyone else except Arnie when he wasn't trying to explain things.

Corpekata

Banned
She actually wasn't that bad beyond looking like a child with a gun sometimes. Acting was fine for the most part.

That guy from Avatar was so much worse as was everyone else except Arnie when he wasn't trying to explain things.

Can't tell if mistake or insult.

But I laughed either way.

There is going to be a Terminator sequel?

Thought Genisys terminated that idea.

It did over $350m internationally not counting the $89m it did domestic. Not great given the budget ($155m), but just enough to seriously consider a sequel. Especially a cheaper one.

Not really surprising. She wasn't the worst part of the movie though.

I'd love to read a behind the scenes tell-all book about Genisys. It seems like the movie was fucked from day 1.

Garlador

Not really surprising. She wasn't the worst part of the movie though.

I'd love to read a behind the scenes tell-all book about Genisys. It seems like the movie was fucked from day 1.

Toss in Terminator 3 and Salvation as well. So much behind-the-scenes drama. Christian Bale's meltdown is internet legend at this point.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
After having finally seen the latest Terminator movies I can say nothing was lost. Those movies were bad in nearly all respects and she was one of them. I'm sorry but the girl is pretty and cute but that's about all she has going for her. She is not a great actress with a lot of range and that showed for a role as intense as Sarah Connor, those were big shoes to fill.

-shadow-

While Genisys wasn't a great movie, I enjoyed it at times and it wasn't all bad. Sadly I can't say that the moments I enjoyed the film are those that feature her or Courtney. I understand that it's technically a different adult Sarah Connor, but man was she the literal polar opposite of the one I wanted.

I do wonder what happens to the two planned sequels however. I know it was removed from the release schedule. But are they completely canned or am I missing something?

Why do they keep insisting on the same few people for Terminator? It's always a Connor and Schwarzenegger.

The premise is vast enough you could show any Terminator attacking any other random Joe at any other time, but we always get bogged down rehashing the same folks.

I've been ranting at random people for years that the most basic aspect of the premise could carry an excellent film - a robot from the future hunts down and tries to kill someone. Cut out the Connors, cut out any kind of 'save the future!' angle, cut out anything other than the initial bit of time travel, have no second protector there to protect them and just tell a story about a resourceful survivor, someone who you could imagine being useful to humans in the future, being hunted down. Have the protagonist gradually learn what they're up against but not understand why it's happening. Have them react like a normal person would.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
While Genisys wasn't a great movie, I enjoyed it at times and it wasn't all bad. Sadly I can't say that the moments I enjoyed the film are those that feature her or Courtney. I understand that it's technically a different adult Sarah Connor, but man was she the literal polar opposite of the one I wanted.

I do wonder what happens to the two planned sequels however. I know it was removed from the release schedule. But are they completely canned or am I missing something?
I saw the movie two days ago and kinda enjoyed it too. The plot is a mess, but that's understandable given what they had to work with. This is probably the best they could do after the awful previous movies. The beginning was fine, and it had some good moments afterwards. Overall, the third best (and worst) movie in the franchise for me.

But I agree, I didn't really like Emilia Clarke's acting. It didn't feel like the Sarah Connor of the first two movies (it's a different timeline, sure, but the character is supposed to be the same except for all her knowledge).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom