• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emmy Award Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emmys.com

Full list of nominations
List and facts/figures for the major categories

I'll update as they come through.

Drama Series

The Americans
Better Call Saul
Downton Abbey
Game of Thrones
Homeland
House of Cards
Mr. Robot

Comedy Series

Black-ish
Master of None
Modern Family
Silicon Valley
Veep
Transparent
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Limited Series

American Crime
Fargo
The Night Manager
The People v O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story
Roots

Lead Actor in a Drama Series

Kyle Chandler, Bloodline
Rami Malek, Mr. Robot
Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
Matthew Rhys, The Americans
Liev Schreiber, Ray Donovan
Kevin Spacey, House of Cards

Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Claire Danes, Homeland
Viola Davis, How to Get Away with Murder
Taraji P Henson, Empire
Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black
Keri Russell, The Americans
Robin Wright, House of Cards

Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie

Bryan Cranston
Benedict Cumberbatch
Idris Elba
Cuba Gooding Jr.
Tom Hiddleston
Courtney B. Vance

Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie

Kirsten Dunst
Felicity Huffman
Audra McDonald
Sarah Paulson
Lili Taylor
Kerry Washington

Lead Actor in a Comedy Series

Anthony Anderson, Black-ish
Aziz Ansari, Master of None
Will Forte, Last Man on Earth
William H. Macy, Shameless
Thomas Middleditch, Silicon Valley
Jeffrey Tambor, Transparent

Lead Actress in a Comedy Series

Ellie Kemper, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
Laurie Metcalf, Getting On
Tracee Ellis Ross, Black-ish
Amy Schumer, Inside Amy Schumer
Lily Tomlin, Grace and Frankie

McDougles

Late Show with Stephen Colbert not getting nominated for Variety Talk Show is quite telling, and the underrated story of the nominations.

Of course, OITNB basically no-showing except for the standard Uzo Aduba nom, too.

IronRinn

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES #Emmys
Kyle Chandler, Rami Malek, Bob Odenkirk, Matthew Rhys, Liev Schreiber, Kevin Spacey

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES #Emmys
Claire Danes, Viola Davis, Taraji P. Henson, Tatiana Maslany, Keri Russell, Robin Wright

LEAD ACTOR IN MINI SERIES #Emmys
Bryan Cranston, Benedict Cumberbatch, Idris Elba, Cuba Gooding Jr, Tom Hiddleston, Courtney B. Vance

LEAD ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES #Emmys
Anthony Anderson, Aziz Ansari, Will Forte, William H. Macy, Thomas Middleditch, Jeffrey Tambor

LEAD ACTRESS IN COMEDY #Emmys
Ellie Kemper, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Laurie Metcalf, Tracee Ellis Ross, Amy Schumer, Lily Tomlin

OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES #Emmys
Black-ish, Master of None, Modern Family, Silicon Valley, Transparent, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Veep

OUTSTANDING DRAMA #EmmyNominations
The Americans, Better Call Saul, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Homeland, House of Cards, Mr. Robot
Do it already.

Monocle

Better Call Saul & cast represent!

P.S. The Emmys have a permanent place on my shitlist for snubbing Hannibal, and Eva Green in Penny Dreadful. There will never be an acceptable excuse for those omissions.

Tamanon

Banned
Of course, Mr. Robot and Americans would have to fight it out for my heart.

Give it to the Americans cast as they've been hammering out awesomeness season after season.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
After GOT's Season 6, there's absolutely no way it doesn't win. I'm expecting them also to win best directing, best acting, and maybe something for music and costume.

SeanC

Yes! The Americans finally getting recognized. About time

Damn straight. Last season was probably their strongest yet. I would love to see Russell get a win. I feel that she's more than earned some damn awards by now after all the stuff she has to do on that show. Rhys too.

FINALLY THE AMERICANS GETS RECOGNIZED

1pFeat8.gif

Also I finally got into Mr. Robot about a month ago and I very much enjoyed that show and I hope Rami Malek goes places.

Robin

Great to see The Americans finally getting the Emmy recognition it deserves. Mr Robot and Rami Malek nominations are a pleasant surprise too.

Only big snubs for me are Oscar Isaac in Show Me a Hero and Aya Cash from You're the Worst.

Pluto

Mr. Robot and Rami Malek got nominated as best drama and best lead actor respectively! That's so awesome, I loved the first season.

Edit: Emilia Clarke and Maisie Williams got supporting actress nominations and Sophie Turner did not, that has to be a joke, they're both mediocre. Lena Headey got nominated too but she actually deserves it.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
My man Courtney Vance better win! Sarah Paulson needs a win too. I wanna see a lot of wins for The People Vs OJ. Happy to see Cuba got a nom too but he ain't gonna win over Vance. Hell I'm surprised they even have Cuba in the lead category. Was more of a support role.

P.S. The Emmys have a permanent place on my shitlist for snubbing Hannibal, and Eva Green in Penny Dreadful. There will never be an acceptable excuse for those omissions.
There's always great shows and performances getting snubbed. I'm just happy about worthy things getting recognized, and I try to not drive myself crazy with some of the questionable decisions they make.

Couple other noms I see mentioned on Twitter:
I posted a link to the PDF with all the results in the OP. I'll wait for someone to compile them online before I post a full list.

Patryn

Oh wow. Keegan-Michael Key got a nom, but not Jordan Peele.

And for Supporting Actor, at that.

Can you really be a Supporting Actor in a show that has your name in it?

There's always great shows and performances getting snubbed. I'm just happy about worthy things getting recognized, and I try to not drive myself crazy with some of the questionable decisions they make.

I posted a link to the PDF with all the results in the OP. I'll wait for someone to compile them online before I post a full list.

I was getting a 404 when I tried hitting it, but it's working now.

Kirsten Dunst should win Lead Actress. I'm a little disappointed Jesse Plemmons didn't get anything. You guys keep reminding me I should watch The Americans.

Never mind I read through the list and Jesse and Bokeem both did!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Cuba Gooding Wat?

Yeah that's a big WTF. Dude had like 12 lines throughout the whole series. He was good and played his part perfectly, but lead he was not and even then his performance wasn't that amazing. Especially compared to the rest of the cast.

golem

Oh wow. Keegan-Michael Key got a nom, but not Jordan Peele.

And for Supporting Actor, at that.

Can you really be a Supporting Actor in a show that has your name in it?
Networks/shows decide what categories they want to submit for. Im guessing they agreed that neither should be submitted as lead, much like GoT only submits as supporting iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom