• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emmy Award Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but where the fuck is Eva Green? While all those other nominated actresses are definitely great I feel Eva Green is in a completely different league in Penny Dreadful. Speaking of, that show deserves multiple nominations for acting.

Other glaring omissions, in my opinion, are Jon Bernthal for Daredevil, Emmy Rossum for Shameless and The Leftovers. The latter is a show I started watching recently and it blew me away.

As for who I hope wins: Better Call Saul, Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright. Also, you guys have convinced me to watch The Americans.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Depends how much popularity factors into their decisions.

Per Sepinwall:

Because HBO has such a huge voting bloc, and because the Emmys opened up final voting to the full membership rather than the blue-ribbon panels, Thrones is likely a heavy favorite to repeat in the drama series category. What will be interesting is whether the sheer number of actor nominees — Peter Dinklate, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, and Maisie Williams — eat into each other's votes in their respective categories and let someone else sneak in.

anything VEEP should win

Eh, it's getting long in the tooth. I like the show, but this season was nowhere near as good as previous years. I'd rather Kimmy or Silicon Valley take the award this year.

Monocle

No Eva Green again, disgraceful.
And once again the refusal to acknowledge the fine work Hugh Dancy, Mads Mikkelsen and Bryan Fuller did with Hannibal.

Fuck the Emmy's.
Can't be repeated enough.

There's always great shows and performances getting snubbed. I'm just happy about worthy things getting recognized, and I try to not drive myself crazy with some of the questionable decisions they make.
A sensible attitude. But their omissions still get to me. Also, awarding GoT Season 5 for anything but the Hardhome episode is outrageous. The show has its worst season (S5) and get lots of nominations. The show has its best season (S6) and gets lots of nominations. Clearly, popularity is a more relevant factor than quality in the Emmys voting process.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Can't be repeated enough.

A sensible attitude. But their omissions still get to me. Also, awarding GoT Season 5 for anything but the Hardhome episode is outrageous. The show has its worst season (S5) and get lots of nominations. The show has its best season (S6) and gets lots of nominations. Clearly, popularity is a more relevant factor than quality in the Emmys voting process.
The Emmys are perpetually 3 years behind on rewarding shows.

Ahiru77

Congratulations to the nominees.

Everyone, enjoy the festivities.

nTUnp1J.gif

Thewonandonly

After GOT's Season 6, there's absolutely no way it doesn't win. I'm expecting them also to win best directing, best acting, and maybe something for music and costume.
I don't thing they will win best show that Fargo but best directing just for that episode with the fight scene against Ramsey. Those horses charging really showed how good the directing is and they showed how brutally fighting back then was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom