• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emoji movie set for 2017 - Plot reads like giant advert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sonys-emoji-movie-confirmed-plot-details-and-more-/1100-6438799/

"Inside your phone, there's a secret world–and we enter through the text app where we discover Emoji Valley, where the industrious Emoji live and work," Sony Pictures Animation president Kristine Belson said, as reported by The Wrap. The movie is due out in theaters in 2017.

By the end of the emoji movie's first act, the characters discover that every smartphone app has a world to explore, thus leading to ample opportunities for other branding deals with real-world apps.

The Wrap heard from sources that the emoji movie will also be co-marketed and sponsored by real-world app makers, including music streaming service Spotify and potentially Facebook.

Would you watch a movie about emojis?

Form another source:

The storyline will involve the main characters (presumably the Emoji themselves) leaving Emoji Valley for the broader world of their phone's homescreen, where they discover that they can enter the other worlds that exist within each individual app. According to Belson, this will involve imaginative scenarios like the Emoji riding boats on an actual stream representing the world of the music-streaming app, and a report by The Wrap reveals that streaming giant Spotify has already closed a deal for their service to sponsor this segment of the film. In the same presentation, Sony chairman Tom Rothman elaborated: We have a number of power brands returning relaunching or being reintroduced — and yet at Sony we also believe that it is vital to maintain a commitment to originality."

do NOT sign me the FUCK up 👎🚫❌👎👎👀👎👎👀👎 bad shit ba̷̶ ԁ sHit 👎👎thats ❌ some bad 👎👎👎shit right 👎🚫👎 th 👎👎 ere 👎👀👎👎right ❌ there ❌ ❌ if i do ƽaү so my self👎👎 i say so 👎👎 thats not what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ 👀👎👀👎👎👀НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ 👀👎👀👎🚫👎🚫👀👎🚫Bad shit

edit: thanks mods!

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Sounds like they're kinda trying to do to apps what Wreck It Ralph did to VG.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Can't wait. ��

screenshot2016-04-13a3pump.png

Permanently A

conspire me the FUCK up ✈🏢✈🏢✈🏢✈🏢✈🏢 bush did 9/11✈ bush ✔ did it✈🏢blew up✈🏢the towers✈🏢🏢🌏 the✔towers ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 👀 watch loose change 👀 how did tower seven collapse tower seven tower seven (chorus: tower seven) mMMMMᎷМ🌏 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 🌏 ✈ 🏢 🏢 👀 👌👌bush did it

PulseONE

Seriously sounds like the kind of parody you'd see in like The Simpsons or something, not a real movie...yet...here we are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom