• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emoji movie set for 2017 - Plot reads like giant advert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
So we love smartphones, we have em all the time, we spend most of our free time looking at em...

...but somehow everything related to smartphones is "terrible".
Not much different than junk food or other mildly harmful addictions I guess. Even though people are well aware it's bad for them, they still do it.

cacildo

Why dont they just release the Angry Birds movie btw?

This is running kinda late... isnt angry birds kinda getting forgotten right now?

Too bad Deadpool already stole their lunch in advertising
fhEp2Pz.jpg

Hold, brother! They have not yet perpetrated a The Sims film! We are safe... for now.

I want the Sims adaptation to be two hours of French cinéma vérité with people just talking, eating and smoking... then at the end we zoom way, way out and a goofy character played by Will Ferrell has been in control of everything the whole time.

.JayZii

Banned
Gross.

Is there literally anyone on the planet who sees there is an emoji movie and thinks, "that sounds great!"? I refuse to believe so.

I guess those internal emails asking why Sony has to make such shitty movies really worked.

Soon Adam Sandler movies will seem like the good ol' days at Sony.

There's a certain demographic of young people that'll go nuts for this, and then another set that might see it for the bant.

If the writing's good then it can still be a fun film, the subject matter just seems completely banal.

💩💩💩💩💩💩
💩💩😃🔫💩💩
💩💩💩💩💩💩

Mr-Joker

Banned
I swear that Sony at this point just throw shit at the wall and what ever sticks is what they will make movies on.

Thank fuck that Marvel is in the driving seat for Spider-Man, while Sony just stand in other room where they can do the least amount of damage.

Aww what, they stopped production on that Popeye movie? It looked so slick.

It was for the best as it allowed Tartakovsky to bring back Samurai Jack.

Popeye died so Jack can finish his quest. *Salute*

Meh... Y'all didn't mind Wreck it Ralph using real video game brands, but a movie with Facebook/tinder jokes is too much?

I bet this is a huge hit

Mr-Joker

Banned
Meh... Y'all didn't mind Wreck it Ralph using real video game brands, but a movie with Facebook/tinder jokes is too much?

I bet this is a huge hit

That's different, Wreck it Ralph was made with love towards the video game market and the Video game brand was not the focal point of the movie.

This however does not scream that other than trying to appeal to people who use those apps.

Does someone actually own emojis?

Somebody probably does.

DrSlek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom