• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Endless Ocean, official quiet long river thread (Amir0x approved)

alex1893

Cosmonaut X said:
Dunno about the cassette, but I just found a
shark tooth necklace
that unlocked
Magu Tapah, the giant Great White
/
that's the problem with the great white... where can I find this item?

edit: nvm, just googled some more and found a hint, it's somewhere in
D5

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This was my second most wanted game aside from Mario, then I played Mario and it was awesome but I think I'll get more replay and overall enjoyment from this. I'm so freaking obsessed with nature in general, then I am completely fascinated by the ocean especially, and then I love just exploring and photography! What a perfect game!

Kuran

Banned
Where do I find the
Ghost Ship
?

I get a mail about it, but no clue at all about where to start searching..

alex1893

Kuran said:
Where do I find the
Ghost Ship
?

I get a mail about it, but no clue at all about where to start searching..
I don't know if you can find it by accident, but when you've found all 3 parts of the pirate compass, it tells you the coordinates where it could be.

It's not always at the same spot, the possible coordinates are
E5, E9 and H6.

Yeah, got him:

81iqrv8.jpg

6jcoec2.jpg

6s9x01z.jpg

7xtd751.jpg

Kuran

Banned
alex1893 said:
I don't know if you can find it by accident, but when you've found all 3 parts of the pirate compass, it tells you the coordinates where it could be.

It's not always at the same spot, the possible coordinates are
E5, E9 and H6.

Ah, I found all parts.. I guess I should look at the compass to get the coordinates.

Whats the story with the bloody shark? Jaws homage?

CoolS

Damn you all, why did I click on this thread?

I'm going to buy this tomorrow. :( Though I didn't want to buy so much games anymore.

Anyway, someone have a list of nice music for this game. I know there are lots of suggestions in here, but a list would be much appreciated.

Oh and that page where you can download all the vidoegame music.

Tab0203

Dice said:
I'm so freaking obsessed with nature in general, then I am completely fascinated by the ocean especially, and then I love just exploring and photography! What a perfect game!
Yup, this is your game.

Wii said:
Tab0203, you have single handedly convinced me to buy this game.

I give Nintendo's marketing a 0/10
Yay! I want a sequel. :) Maybe with an upgraded streaming engine + weather effects (and sync it with the weather channel/wiiconnect24!).

I love the atmosphere in this game. Lighting and water effects (reflections, refractions, dust/dirt particles) are very well done. Most animals react to your poking. (animations, firefly squid glows, octopus ejects ink etc.)

As already mentioned, the game is huge! 1/3 of my species book is still blackened out
Mdk7 said:
No WAY. O_O

You're implying i could meet someone like
l006_jpg.jpg

in the game?
*faints*

:D

I just noticed the group descriptions:

Coral Reef Life
Small Marine life
Large Marine Life
Deep Sea Life
Dolphins and Whales
Shore Life

And my salvaged items box looks like this...

gamingeek

I found that freaky fish with the light bulb on its head in the abyss. It's tiny.

I don't know how to blank out spoilers so don't read below if you dont want to know where to find it:

It's in the abyss, you have to search the ceilings of the caves.

fresquito

Yesterday I played this game for the first time.

I found something that I don't know what's designed for or how to interact with. I found a circle of light with little colored fishes going round it. I could not touch it or pick it up. What's that?

And yesterday I had my first WTF moment too. I went outside a cave and a video triggered. It was a hunchback whale. IT was... well... awesome.

BTW, I've made friends with a fish and he will follow meto the end of the world :lol

About the game itself. Well, it's very relaxing, except for the music which I can't stand. Don't jump on the "you can play MP3s" waggon just yet. Even with MP3s, there's no way I can stand the same song over and over and over again without feeling the need to change it. Worst (and most stupid) flaw in the game.

fresquito said:

I found something that I don't know what's designed for or how to interact with. I found a circle of light with little colored fishes going round it. I could not touch it or pick it up. What's that?

And yesterday I had my first WTF moment too. I went outside a cave and a video triggered. It was a hunchback whale. IT was... well... awesome.

BTW, I've made friends with a fish and he will follow meto the end of the world :lol

About the game itself. Well, it's very relaxing, except for the music which I can't stand. Don't jump on the "you can play MP3s" waggon just yet. Even with MP3s, there's no way I can stand the same song over and over and over again without feeling the need to change it. Worst (and most stupid) flaw in the game.
No big deal, just make one MP3 of your favourite songs - problem solved. Not very user friendly but yeah.

fresquito said:

Use the (+)-Button to zoom in on those places. It indicates small fish and/or items that you can only see when zoomed in. Your Dolphin also helps you finding those spots.

Innotech

Banned
this is gonna be a hard months wait.
I think my mom and aunt are even more psyched for this "game" than I am. Im so eager for it I watched part of the BLue Planet DVD series collection today :lol

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Tab0203 said:
I love this game. No spoiler in this video. Plants, refractions and corals.

Endless Ocean

how come nobody ever mentioned this game had first-person mode?!

anyhow, it's been sitting on my 'do want' list for so long, i may just as well preorder it.

CoolS

Im in that white cave thing now where there ist this dolphin or mini whale and the girl told me he could become my new partner.

BUT HOW?

I've been in that cave for thirty minutes now, patting him, poking him, giving him food, but nothing really happens :(
I want him as my partner :(

CoolS said:
Im in that white cave thing now where there ist this dolphin or mini whale and the girl told me he could become my new partner.

BUT HOW?

I've been in that cave for thirty minutes now, patting him, poking him, giving him food, but nothing really happens :(
I want him as my partner :(

First, go back to the boat, rest a day (or go diving elsewhere to get the time to go by) and then go back to the white cave and pet it again. Once you have 2 out of 3 chapters of the encyclopedic information unlocked the dolphin will come to the back of the boat, once you return there.
From there you'll be able to teach the dolphin tricks and stuff...

CoolS

Albino_Samurai said:
First, go back to the boat, rest a day (or go diving elsewhere to get the time to go by) and then go back to the white cave and pet it again. Once you have 2 out of 3 chapters of the encyclopedic information unlocked the dolphin will come to the back of the boat, once you return there.
From there you'll be able to teach the dolphin tricks and stuff...

Thanks.

I have to say, I'm strangely hooked with this game. It's really relaxing and even though you don't really do anything it's still fun. Especially when you have your own music with you ;)

And I just two manatees and took a great picture. Man that was one fascinating moment :)

+2 - I'm in as well, pre-ordered it with GameStop's free overnight shipping on pre-orders.

Just an amazing collection of vids/pics, Tab0203. Thanks a ton. I've been sending links to people, everyone I've shown seems excited about this game now.

Lobster

Banned
Jesus! Tab should handle the marketing..just have a slideshow of pics and at the end have the endless ocean logo..

gamingeek

The textures on the ghostship look great to me, approaching "next gen" textures. Sure they're not bumpy but they look great. The best videos would be ones of the central chamber in marige atoll, someone (tab) for instance :D should dive to the bottom of the chamber then head upwards towards the sun. Or follow a sperm whale up from the abyss to the surface.

Or a tour of the mermaids cave is cool, the two manatees.

Man, that game looks great - this is one of the few games of 2008 I will be buying.

BTW, a bit off topic, I know, but does the Xbox 360 have any games like this. I mean, the Wii has Endless Ocean, the PS3 (assuming the game is as it appears) has Afrika, but what has Microsoft got in terms of casual exploration? I'm not looking to knock the system if they don't, but if they do, I want to get my hands on it. :lol

Innotech

Banned
this game is going to be fucking awesome with NiGHTS JOD and Mario Galaxy music in it.
I think Im more excited for this than I was for Galaxy. Its seriously everything I ever wanted in an ocean exploration game.

jgkspsx

I've played through a fair chunk of Everblue 2 so far, and it's great fun, but really it's mostly just hyping me up for Endless Ocean. This looks like a much purer underwater exploration experience- can't wait.

kizmah

For once NoE prevailed and I had a chance to enjoy this game ever since november. I have "finished" it but I still have like 80 creatures and that sunken ship to find.

Tab0203

Tab0203 said:
I love this game. No spoiler in this video. Plants, refractions and corals.

Endless Ocean

6kopjlv.jpg

The same area at night:

Endless Ocean - Night Dive

6p8tmqs.jpg

Endless Ocean - Seal

6nqj1g6.png

Music selection:

Basic Instinct OST
Mozart
HL OST
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes 'Torvus Clockwork' - OverClocked ReMix
Jaws OST
Mario 64 - Dire Dire Docks
Mario Galaxy - Gateway Galaxy 'waking up'
Twilight Princess - Queen Rutela
RE4 - credits

The rest (incl. the "In The Air Tonight" intrumental) is from an old CD called 'Trance Dream'.

nli10

i do adore this game, but like Doshin the Giant I have to be in the right frame of mind to just go with the flow.

Top Bottom