• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey all encompassing info thread. First direct feed shots, London event.

Hiltz said:
Long post
Don't feel bad for feeling skeptical about the game, I think all of us have every right to be even though Spector is involved. Sure, he knows how to make a great RPG or first-person RPG but does that mean he magically knows how to make a good platformer? Plus, it's obvious that when he tried his hardest to make an accessible game (i. e. the shoddy Deus Ex sequel) he also failed the hardest.

If anything, trying to make a Disney game seems even more remote from what he does best to me. Add to that that this is Junction Point's first game, the outcome may indeed be more than sub-optimal and look just like the screenshots -- after all it's them who're doing the actual programming, not Spector.

Sure, Spector is responsible for a good chunk of my favorite and second favorite game of all time but come on, no one's infallible, especially when they're trying something they haven't really done before, no matter how enthusiastic they're being about it.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Panajev2001a said:
Carl Bark's Scrooge has nothing on Don Rosa's Scrooge... I like them both, but Rosa's Scrooge has more depth, emotions, and a greater sense of adventure to it.

While I absolutely do love Barks, I'd have to admit that I do prefer Rosa, both as storyteller and as artist. The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck is one of the best graphic novels I've ever read (the Rosa comic about the hidden Templar treasure under Castle McDuck is also awesome).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Door2Dawn said:
I can hardly even see the screens, how are we making these claims about how rough it looks?
Click on them again to enlarge. The images get as big as 2560×1416.

Dr. Chaos

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
Nice, the Spatters me think of Psychonauts for some reason.
Yeah, I'm starting to get that wonderfully odd kind of vibe from Epic Mickey (which is definitely a good thing).

Like Psychonauts, It's not something thats probably going to amaze me on a technical scale but might find whole new ways to wow me.

Somebody knows when does it start the London conference to present the game?
I think this time we will not have to wait un until 2-3 am in europe to know more about the game, maybe a trailer?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Somebody knows when does it start the London conference to present the game?
I think this time we will not have to wait un until 2-3 am in europe to know more about the game, maybe a trailer?

5pm start.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
SirPenguin said:
I feel this is a silly question, but what timezone? 5pm GMT?

Yeah. I mean its just a preview event though, so you're going to have to wait for everyone to write and publish their articles.

McBacon said:
Yeah. I mean its just a preview event though, so you're going to have to wait for everyone to write and publish their articles.

Maybe its gameinformer's today update.
They record the presentation with the trailer and they put as the last udpate.

McBacon said:

Yeah, indeed. But I'm still pretty pumped, as 5:00pm GMT is 12:00pm EST, which is just in a couple of hours. I was worried the info would be coming way late tonight.

Fuma-X

I like the fact it's 2D AND 3D in some stages. It sure looks like a Wii title, but I'm fine with that... really reminds me Kingdom Hearts in every level...

I'm just not craving the quite low rez textures.......

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Cool. Hope we get a trailer with different environments from the GI scans

Peff

Yep, and 1-Up doesn't seem to be very stable right now :-/

EDIT: Ah, nevermind, they opened the blog and it started! HYPE!!

Come on!
kermit.gif

10:23
But this image is the core of the game, of a happy Mickey talking to a completely bitter and resentful Oswald

10:24
he's now showing in-game models of the exact same pose

Fantastic! He's talking about that memo in the GI magazine, btw

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Warren is showing off different cartoons to show off that the animators animate Mickey in the same way as he moves in the cartoons, to the point that they can easily reinset Game Mickey into Old Tyme Cartoon Mickey's world

"Discovering his essence is important to me" As an interesting stress test, the animators took the ingame model and placed ingame Mickey within existing Mickey cartoons

They really are focused on making the models as close to cartoons as they can it seems. That's a neat way of making sure it's smooth/fits/etc.

Top Bottom